Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 302 303 [304] 305 306 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1838723 times)

saintjebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.2 - for 34.10
« Reply #4545 on: May 22, 2012, 06:41:51 pm »

So, my first outing in masterwork DF was .... interesting. I embarked on a serene biome, started looking around, and then it started to snow gold dust. All of my dwarves looked around, took stock of the situation, and immediately leaped into the 4 z-level waterfall that dominated the center of the map.

Much fun. :)

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4546 on: May 22, 2012, 07:23:10 pm »

1.9.2 for Mac
1.9.2 for Linux

I was having issues with third party tools and 34.10 so I have left them out of the download.
If you use these please provide me feedback on your experience. Thanks :)

golgy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4547 on: May 22, 2012, 08:23:44 pm »

1.9.2 for Mac
1.9.2 for Linux

I was having issues with third party tools and 34.10 so I have left them out of the download.
If you use these please provide me feedback on your experience. Thanks :)

I have a Linux workstation that from time to time I download a pack for, and play on.

Is there any testing that you need done?

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4548 on: May 22, 2012, 08:43:42 pm »

I haven't done much more than install, generate a few worlds, and start a couple embarks. I'm interested in the out of the box experience.  How hard is it to get going, find the help, make changes, etc.

There is no settings program on linux/mac currently but you can turn some features on/off manually by renaming files (like i did for illithids), copy folders(graphics packs), or doing find / replaces, comment/uncomment in the raws. Since most of the stuff is on by default you can just remove most of what you don't want.

I tried to make it as easy to figure out as possible. If I failed please let me know.

golgy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4549 on: May 22, 2012, 09:21:00 pm »

I haven't done much more than install, generate a few worlds, and start a couple embarks. I'm interested in the out of the box experience.  How hard is it to get going, find the help, make changes, etc.

There is no settings program on linux/mac currently but you can turn some features on/off manually by renaming files (like i did for illithids), copy folders(graphics packs), or doing find / replaces, comment/uncomment in the raws. Since most of the stuff is on by default you can just remove most of what you don't want.

I tried to make it as easy to figure out as possible. If I failed please let me know.

Disclaimer: I'm a systems admin, so i'm not terrible.

I didn't find the Linux version particularly easy to use. There's very little in the way of documentation on how/where to turn the various options off, and what documentation there is - you have to go digging for. I thoroughly understand it's difficult to maintain a Linux version, that works across versions, that's easy to make work.

Proposal: An "ini file" which has configuration sections with FEATURE=TRUE/FALSE ( or 0/1 depending on what you like ), and a "reconfigure" script which parses what the state should be. Write it for /bin/sh and you should have cross-platform compatibility ( and in the absence of a GUI to do it all that's cross-platform, it would likely be not terrible to use for the Mac version either. )

CaptApollo12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4550 on: May 22, 2012, 09:47:08 pm »

To: Zenerbufen and all modders
Thank you, especially Zenerbufen for mac compatibility (as my Gf just got into dwarf fortress and she has a mac) I really like the mod. Especially the ability to cut down on different things that slow my forts down to Fps death. Thank you.

Edit: Norton decided to nerf Pan.exe and Rule.exe. Is this very important?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 09:58:39 pm by CaptApollo12 »
"MONTARON!  You are so AGGRAVATING!   'Tis disturbing to my demeanor..."

Shukaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4551 on: May 22, 2012, 10:34:04 pm »

Edit: Norton decided to nerf Pan.exe and Rule.exe. Is this very important?

It is if you'd like to use my Mouse Fortress Utility. I'm not sure why it would flag those as suspicious, you can look through their contents here: https://github.com/Shukaro/MouseFortress
Then again Norton isn't a very good AV. :(
Urist McHauler Cancels Give Food: Patient Insane
------------------------------------------------------------------
Mouse Fortress | Custom Menu and Hotkey Framework
Dwarven Higher Learning Mod | Alternative Skill Training

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4552 on: May 23, 2012, 12:00:38 am »

Disclaimer: I'm a systems admin, so i'm not terrible.

I didn't find the Linux version particularly easy to use. There's very little in the way of documentation on how/where to turn the various options off, and what documentation there is - you have to go digging for. I thoroughly understand it's difficult to maintain a Linux version, that works across versions, that's easy to make work.

Proposal: An "ini file" which has configuration sections with FEATURE=TRUE/FALSE ( or 0/1 depending on what you like ), and a "reconfigure" script which parses what the state should be. Write it for /bin/sh and you should have cross-platform compatibility ( and in the absence of a GUI to do it all that's cross-platform, it would likely be not terrible to use for the Mac version either. )
I'd be more inclined to use python since that's what I'm using for the gui. Also Currently things are configures via regex and I have poor experience getting them to work properly with bash/sh/tsch/zsh. I've tried them all and some Idiosyncrasy with special characters and escape codes always end up tripping me up.

The current gui only works on windows, the new one will work on Linux when its complete. Would some python scripts be helpfull in the meantime?

also what documentation was hard to find? EThere should be a folder in the root of the zip with all the documentation.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 12:04:44 am by zenerbufen »

larkvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4553 on: May 23, 2012, 10:22:21 am »

I can't create a world in 1.92 with default settings--always crashes in worldgen.

SAFry

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Seb
    • View Profile
« Reply #4554 on: May 23, 2012, 10:39:57 am »

Larkvi, try turning off the Illthids race.

larkvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4555 on: May 23, 2012, 11:34:58 am »

That did it--I misread the above posts and though this was resolved.

Incidentally, I got the same error when I tried to enable the elephant invaders.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4556 on: May 23, 2012, 12:11:16 pm »

Online at a bus station, bus is broken... yeah.

Anyway, thanks zenerbufen, I will upload the new version to the frontpage as soon as I can, but unfortunately certainly not from here ^^ wifi sucks in mexico.

EDIT: OK, Mac Version is up, but my laptop is empty, no power... Linux will have to wait.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 12:53:20 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4557 on: May 23, 2012, 04:32:50 pm »

when i play with dfhack
dfusion + starting population editor + changes to (put number here)+ dwarffortress(and masterwork) = dwarf fortress crashing

meaning changing the population with dfhack crashes dwarf fortress. it worked in 1.8.1 though
Could you test this with dfusion and vanilla 34.10? Thanks!
I can attest to this happening with vanilla.

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.2 - for 34.10 MAC UPDATE
« Reply #4558 on: May 23, 2012, 04:57:46 pm »

Thanks Broseph.

Meph: I uploaded to dffd cause I knew you where out and about, so you wouldn't need to download/reupload.

larkvi: I made a note of that and will do some tests, see if I can reproduce and if they are related.

Kadian

• Bay Watcher
  • Dragon (Semi-wild)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4559 on: May 23, 2012, 11:16:36 pm »

when i play with dfhack
dfusion + starting population editor + changes to (put number here)+ dwarffortress(and masterwork) = dwarf fortress crashing

meaning changing the population with dfhack crashes dwarf fortress. it worked in 1.8.1 though

Yup, "simple embark" lets the game crash - Vanilla, masterwork and probably other mods as well. So it's probably a problem with the coding :/

On another note, the complex "embark" doesn't work either. That's what the windows says after trying to get it to work:

Code: [Select]
Select plugin to run (q to quit):3
found:45200b
dfusion/embark/init.lua:79: did not find patch location, failing...
stack traceback:
dfusion/init.lua:7: in function <dfusion/init.lua:5>
[C]: in function 'error'
dfusion/embark/init.lua:79: in function 'embark'
dfusion/embark/plugin.lua:4: in main chunk
[C]: in function 'xpcall'
dfusion/init.lua:12: in function 'dofile'
dfusion/init.lua:45: in function 'mainmenu'
dfusion/init.lua:99: in main chunk

after that it goes back to the menu.
Pages: 1 ... 302 303 [304] 305 306 ... 749