Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 299 300 [301] 302 303 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1838715 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.1 - for 34.09 :)
« Reply #4500 on: May 22, 2012, 12:38:01 am »

I did not update anything yet. Just working on it, since 34.10 came out, otherwise I would have left the mod as it is.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4501 on: May 22, 2012, 02:20:05 am »

It's the clown avatar :P
My avatar is not a clown.

It is a yellow human head. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encrusted with blue fingerpaint. It's hair menaces with the spikes of marshmallow. This object is adorned with hanging rings of of foam. It is stuck to a piece of black construction paper with purple bubble gum. On the item is an image of an apple.

A very dwarfy avatar if you ask me.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4502 on: May 22, 2012, 02:21:57 am »

Looks like it is straight from Whimsyshire. ;)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4503 on: May 22, 2012, 02:52:13 am »

Meph i just wanted to say a thing about future redesign of mod. I really try to take parts of your mod but they are so hard to locate:) Because raws have everything already and only little parts are changed. But i guess making a big repository of changes and parts would be too much work for only few modders who like to do their own mods (like me). Anyway thanks for this good mod (even though i play my own mod with little (it is going to change soon) parts from your mod, but ideas are great inspirtion for me).

Also good luck on your trip. If you return through transsib... then go to Moscow:) Russia is really beautifull. Visit Altai mountains - they really great. And then on your way back to Germany visit Moscow. It has a lot of beautiful sites. And i live there and would be really glad to meet you:) Maybe even be able to get you a place to sleep at my apartment (thoug i am really low on space). So PM me if you would be visiting Moscow:)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 11:13:11 am by Tierre »

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4504 on: May 22, 2012, 03:08:38 am »

Welp, I'm gonna give this one a whirl. The increased 25% higher FPS is enough of a selling point as it is, and all of the other stuff is just icing on the cake. Scratch that, it's a league of other, smaller cakes, with icing of their own.

Only thing is I think the new, special combat messages look a bit...cheesy? With the runes and such. Well, nevermind that. Time to dive blindly into a completely unfamiliar mod! 
"""The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham" -Forumite" -Mister Always

vomov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4505 on: May 22, 2012, 04:57:09 am »

New poll has the option: "small file size" as a priority.
Just finished Portal 2 with 15GB size, and currently playing the Witcher 2, with something around 20GB. I don't think 40mb would be an issue.

The option "To test new features, find and fix bugs and balancing issues.", does this mean "more frequent releases and artistic freedom for Meph", or does it mean "a bit more focus on fixing bugs and balancing"?

Also, the list of buildings is somewhat staggering, so would it be possible to somehow put some stuff more into categories and less into massive list?
(somewhat related: why are the kiln and crematorium different buildings? Shouldn't it be the same?)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 05:02:42 am by vomov »

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4506 on: May 22, 2012, 05:23:43 am »

Speaking of massive buildings lists, is there...any documentation at all, really?
"""The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham" -Forumite" -Mister Always

TehNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4507 on: May 22, 2012, 05:25:45 am »

Oooh, what's all this about runed weapons?

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4508 on: May 22, 2012, 05:30:57 am »

Speaking of massive buildings lists, is there...any documentation at all, really?
Yes,
MasterworkDwarfFortress/Content/Masterwork Manual.chm
MasterworkDwarfFortress/Content/5 worlds.pdf
MasterworkDwarfFortress/Content/10 embarks.pdf
MasterworkDwarfFortress/Content/25 Tips and Tricks.pdf
also everything in the Guides & Readmes folder.
On mac/linux the above pdf's are in the Guides & Readmes folder as well as HTML version of the manual (start with table of contents)

New poll has the option: "small file size" as a priority.
Just finished Portal 2 with 15GB size, and currently playing the Witcher 2, with something around 20GB. I don't think 40mb would be an issue.

The option "To test new features, find and fix bugs and balancing issues.", does this mean "more frequent releases and artistic freedom for Meph", or does it mean "a bit more focus on fixing bugs and balancing"?
Neither, it means involving you the players more in testing, balancing, finding/fixing bugs.
File size is more to do with download times for people with slow internets, or small hard drives common on netbooks and with solid state drives, or those wishing to keep their game on a usb stick.
The next set of releases are mostly going to be cleanup/polish.

Looks like it is straight from Whimsyshire. ;)
Hey now, it's the result of a "Strange mood"  brought on by heavy drinking of booze made out of giant purple mushrooms. not, "Common everyday mood".
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 05:42:53 am by zenerbufen »

Zulithe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4509 on: May 22, 2012, 07:48:55 am »

Thank you for all your work Meph, and especially on the Mac version zenerbufen!!! waiting on 1.9.2 :3

marc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4510 on: May 22, 2012, 08:26:49 am »

thanks for answer me so fast, i will keep both together in the same  seal room maybe they will start a epic figth any day .
A new monster squad is created in my fortress :D they will protect my  militias in the frist lane in next ambush/ siegue XD

soardad

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4511 on: May 22, 2012, 09:31:04 am »

Ive downloaded this mod. It looks amazingly great with a side of fantastic. one issue though, when I started a new world and chose my spot. I cant seem to embark on an area larger than about 6x6 without getting a runtime error and having the game crash. minor issue I know- just choose a smaller area, but I like to play with at least a 10x10 for some reason. I dont know if this info helps but im running windows 7,quad core great graphics card. able to run anything ive ever tried . even things that bog down decent computers.- cant wait to dive into this mod and try all the new content. major kudos author

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4512 on: May 22, 2012, 09:42:49 am »

Few thoughts -
- does the new pet armory handle armor from armored horses?
- possibly add an option to Settings.exe to open the 'Guide' directory?  People don't seem to realize its there.

@soardad - are you able to run classic DF at those embark sizes?  I've never heard of anyone getting a full-size fortress stably running at 10x10!
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.

Gatallorsith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4513 on: May 22, 2012, 10:15:46 am »

FUTURE OF THE MOD

Ok, this will be a longer post, but please stay with me for a bit.
I will not be aviable much the next 3,5 months. (from 21.05 till 10.09) Neither will I activly advance the mod further. That means no new features, maybe some bugfixes, maybe updates to new Df Versions, but I cant and wont promise anything. I am, as always, travelling. The next destination for me is the USA, where I will bicycle the route66, from LA to NY. Since I will be very busy at that part of the trip, and wont just stay in a hostel to code for you guys (Hostels in the States are a tiny bit more expensive then the ones in Latinamerica) and I am not travelling along anymore, but with a girl I met in Belize, and I wont make her wait on me, because I might be  sitting in front of my netbook. Sorry, RL takes precedence here.

My route, for those who care:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

What does that mean for the mod ?

Zenerbufen was kind enough to offer his assistance. Anyone who followed the modding scene here a bit will know what Deon and Tomitaipo have been doing, so this will be similar. In the time of my inactivity, Zenerbufen will officially tend to the mod. I will be online now and then, read the thread, note down criticism and feedback, bugs and balancing issues. Please still keep posting this, it helps me greatly in refining everything. But the biggest part will be done by him. He is already working on the GUI for linux and mac, coding the linux and mac versions, and plans to make the manual a html. file, incorporating all the graphical guides I made.

How will the mod be continued after that time ?

I will be in Germany (surprise) for the autumn/winter. Mostly to get new sponsorship, set up a better website, take a break and plan the next year of travelling. I will also have access to a real computer, fast internet and as much time as I want. My plans for the mod are simple: I want to restart. Inspired by deon, I would like to do the mod from the start, with a GUI that (hopefully) truly reverts back to Vanilla if everything is off. Without bugs, with proper testing, with more research about realisms and balancing. I will keep what you like, alter what is not as well recieved, and remove what is bad. The main reason for this is: This is my first mod.  When I started writing it, I had no clue what I was doing. Many things are relicts, artefacts of the many changes and dont serve a purpose, and there is the issue that some people have crashes. I really dislike that fact, and will do my best to solve this. Zenerbufen will have something to say about this as well I guess. People voted for Clean Up, and voiced the opinion that the mod would mostly benefit from refining, making the features it currently has better. The easiest way I see for this, is the Restart. If I really manage to write a GUI that reverts back to Vanilla DF, then that would mean that the FPS- DwarfFortress would be included in this. I know some people really liked the idea.

So, there you go. I will be aviable for comments till tomorrow at noon, then depart in a 48h bus ride to Tijuana. Yeah. ;)
Wow, that sounds incredibly fun\adventurous. Have a nice journey, see you in Autumn ;)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 10:20:34 am by Gatallorsith »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4514 on: May 22, 2012, 10:16:32 am »

- does the new pet armory handle armor from armored horses?
- possibly add an option to Settings.exe to open the 'Guide' directory?  People don't seem to realize its there.

Yes, when an armored animal gets butchered you get: "creature name iron/steel" So far this was junk, but now you can make iron/steel bars back from it. Recycle broken iron/steel armor. Edit: Actually, now that I think of it: People could buy these pets just to butcher them for the metal bars. ^^ Have to check how many "iron/steel" parts each of the creatures gives, hope the Elephant will not be unbalanced.

No, wont do that, because the next manual will be html based and will inlcude all those fancy pictures already.

@tehnoob: Runic weapons are upgraded weapons from the weaponry. Seems that not many people do use the option however, I excpected more feedback on them.

@tierre: Moscau is about 1,5 years in the future for me ;) First USA, then break in germany, then silkroad, then islands, then transsib. Will take a while ;)

@gatallorsith: Thanks :)

@all: Trying to upload, internet is as always a bit fickly. Edit: 48%, then cancelled. And again...
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 10:19:29 am by Meph »
Pages: 1 ... 299 300 [301] 302 303 ... 749