Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 297 298 [299] 300 301 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1838690 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.1 - for 34.09 :)
« Reply #4470 on: May 21, 2012, 08:57:48 pm »

I spend 1,5 months in Mexico. ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4471 on: May 21, 2012, 09:01:13 pm »

I spend 1,5 months in Mexico. ;)

no bike ride?

my wife is there now, there's a real nice town called san pedro mixtepec you should visit, has a waterfall 30 minutes away from the town.  the town is 30 minutes ne of puerto escondido.

Morwaul

• Bay Watcher
  • ..............boo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4472 on: May 21, 2012, 09:05:35 pm »

I will be in Germany (surprise) for the autumn/winter. Mostly to get new sponsorship, set up a better website, take a break and plan the next year of travelling.

What is this website you speak of?  Why isn't it in your signature so we can all check up on you?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4473 on: May 21, 2012, 09:11:58 pm »

Well, when I say: Make a website then I usually dont refer to an already existing one. But since you ask: Under my avater is a little globe. That is a link to my previous website, with my former travelpartner and exgirlfriend. www.cyclenomads.com

@all: For once I make an exception: Off topic is allowed for now ;)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Srial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4474 on: May 21, 2012, 09:16:15 pm »

Have fun on your trip!  We'll be here when you get back.  Have the time of your life!  I'm jealous you get to do that.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4475 on: May 21, 2012, 09:35:44 pm »

We'll be here when you get back

That would be... never. The trip is open ended, currently I am travelling 5 years, and I will definetly do another 5. It is true though that I make little breaks in Germany, to do planning and gear/pr related stuff. And I am making a note here: Big thanks @ thistleknot. The community does surprise me yet again. In a positive way.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 09:37:49 pm by Meph »

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4476 on: May 21, 2012, 09:36:26 pm »

Meph, what is that dotted section in south america? Did you fall asleep and wake up on the other side of the continent?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4477 on: May 21, 2012, 09:46:51 pm »

Dotted lines are boats. That was about 5000km on the amazon, from the peruvian andes to the brasilian ocean. And that took 4 weeks, and I was definetly not asleep. At least not all the time. ;)

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4478 on: May 21, 2012, 09:58:07 pm »

You try riding a bike through the Amazon...  See how that goes ;)

Chile should be fun.  That first part will probably be mostly downhill, from the top of the Andes, right?
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4479 on: May 21, 2012, 09:59:11 pm »

looks like a fun trip, though I'm gonna shamelessly plug my homestate(coincidentally toady's as well) and say your next trip through the states you should totally take I-5 up here to Washington then I-90 across the northern parts of the US.  It's rather gorgeous up here, plus we have The Sounders FC, lots of bike trails, and you can't beat Mt. Rainier when it comes to mountains in this hemisphere ;).

Also, sounds good your plans for the mod, same as it was for Deon.  Sometimes the easiest way to clean a house is to set it afire and build a new one atop the ashes ;).  Maybe in that time too Toady'll have made more changes that'll allow you to do more of the things you'd like too that you constantly have to tell people "I'd like to do that, but that's a hardcoded feature with no workarounds."

Good luck on your trip and take 'er easy.  And if she's easy, take 'er twice.  :P

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4480 on: May 21, 2012, 10:00:35 pm »

@Joshua: The red line... is what I have finished already. I have only a little tiny bit of blue left in northamerica, before the next stopover at home. Next after that will be silkroad to china, asian islands for half a year, then transsib back to europe, next stop. Should take at least another year.

And the andes were mostly uphill, downhill, uphill, downhill.. all the way from ushuaia till colomia.

@corrosivechains: Thanks, someday I come back to northamerica, if for nothing else then the denali. A friend of mine is just climbing it, and the bastard did not even invite me (well, he did, but I have my gear not with me) Anyway, no disrespecting women here. Keep it civil, I know it is the internet, but still... ;)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 10:02:56 pm by Meph »

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4481 on: May 21, 2012, 10:09:12 pm »

looks like a fun trip, though I'm gonna shamelessly plug my homestate(coincidentally toady's as well) and say your next trip through the states you should totally take I-5 up here to Washington then I-90 across the northern parts of the US.  It's rather gorgeous up here, plus we have The Sounders FC, lots of bike trails, and you can't beat Mt. Rainier when it comes to mountains in this hemisphere ;).

Also, sounds good your plans for the mod, same as it was for Deon.  Sometimes the easiest way to clean a house is to set it afire and build a new one atop the ashes ;).  Maybe in that time too Toady'll have made more changes that'll allow you to do more of the things you'd like too that you constantly have to tell people "I'd like to do that, but that's a hardcoded feature with no workarounds."

Good luck on your trip and take 'er easy.  And if she's easy, take 'er twice.  :P

I'm from washington, I second this.

I second this for a second reason.  Toady is there (last I checked his round a 'bouts were near the 5).  Maybe you should reach out to him, share what you've done modding wise with him.  I'm sure he'd listen you coming from around the world on your trip, contributing so much on his forum.  I dream of just making a drive by thru his area and offering to take him to lunch, maybe you should say hey.  Maybe we can all (on your thread) say hey if you do indeed intend to make a trip through.  Recommend raw features for power generation! ;)

The area is mother f'n beautiful.  It's ALL GREEN, all year round, but not like jungle green, more like grass green, but there are a ton of trees, and mountains!  Cuz it's next to the rockies.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4482 on: May 21, 2012, 10:15:35 pm »

Be careful on the silk road, thats where the Black Plaque started! We dont need any Meph Husks running around!
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4483 on: May 21, 2012, 10:17:26 pm »

Anyway, no disrespecting women here. Keep it civil, I know it is the internet, but still... ;)

As a fellow member of the poor, misunderstood people of the United States, I would like to say that... you just didn't get the joke.  No disrespect to women was intended in cc's post there.  Just a light-hearted comment.

And if you didn't catch it... most of this posting was completely sarcastic, except the part about cc not being a woman-hater ;)
I like fortresses because they are still underground.
Pages: 1 ... 297 298 [299] 300 301 ... 749