Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1838582 times)

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.1 - for 34.09 :)
« Reply #4410 on: May 20, 2012, 02:14:06 pm »

You have the wanderer reactions but not the wanderer objects. It makes adventure mode a little odd.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #4411 on: May 20, 2012, 02:23:18 pm »

Hello again! Anyone else had problems with turret industry?

After a near-disaster of an ambush by clockwork men, I decided it was time to get me some turrets. After some research I found what workshop makes them and how and got the industry going to get me the resources for 3x slade, 1x bullet and 1x warp. Only there's a problem!

The warp turret fails to create. The bullet and slade turrets create fine and get put in my tool pile. But when I use a spawn location workshop to assemble them, instead of a badass defense emplacement, I get a puff of "Bullet turret" or "Slade turret" smoke and naught else. Drat!

Is this a known issue? I tried searching the thread but came up empty.
Keep using it, the maker needs to inhale the smoke. after awhile he/she should get the insperiation to make a turrent

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4412 on: May 20, 2012, 02:30:51 pm »

@Tierre: No, they dont. They are toggled in the entity file, and it works fine.

@broseph stalin: Mh... seems not many people do use it then, because I have it in the game since... ever. First report I got about it. What exactly is happened in adv. mode then ? I will download a new version of wanderers friend and update/fix it.

@zenfiero: The spawning works with transformation and boiling stones. Like all other boiling stones you have a chance that the dwarf gets affected by a syndrome. While testing I had a successrate of ~90%, so I figured it is ok. The puff you see is the boiling stone that must affect the dwarf. Only real problem is that mages/healed secret dwarves will never work for this, since they are already transformed. Sometimes I hate the restrictions DF puts on me. There is no other way. I used a workaround for the golems and pets, you can use the reagent unlimited times, since you already need golems and pets as extra reagent. BUT I cant do this for landmines and turrets, since you could simply spawn unlimited turrets then. If anyone has a solution for this, I would like to hear it. Narhiril has the same problem with her mechanical spiders.

@hugo: There is a problem with "keep using it"... the reagent is used up.

::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

FalseDead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4413 on: May 20, 2012, 02:45:38 pm »

:o

@falsedead: heals everything, broken bones, lost limbs, adds the ageless tag... but they have to be fit enough to go to the building and do the interaction, so you still need a hospital ;)

:-\ Suddenly My Super hospital(20 3x3 rooms with 4 beds, cabinet, Water-source and a stockpile of medical supplies across the hall from every room) is obsoleted....... the irony being I placed the fountain in a center commons area in the hospital...
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 02:49:21 pm by FalseDead »
"Ah the Internet; where the men are men, the women are also men, and the little girls are the F.B.I."

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4414 on: May 20, 2012, 02:47:08 pm »

@Tierre: No, they dont. They are toggled in the entity file, and it works fine.

@broseph stalin: Mh... seems not many people do use it then, because I have it in the game since... ever. First report I got about it. What exactly is happened in adv. mode then ? I will download a new version of wanderers friend and update/fix it.

@zenfiero: The spawning works with transformation and boiling stones. Like all other boiling stones you have a chance that the dwarf gets affected by a syndrome. While testing I had a successrate of ~90%, so I figured it is ok. The puff you see is the boiling stone that must affect the dwarf. Only real problem is that mages/healed secret dwarves will never work for this, since they are already transformed. Sometimes I hate the restrictions DF puts on me. There is no other way. I used a workaround for the golems and pets, you can use the reagent unlimited times, since you already need golems and pets as extra reagent. BUT I cant do this for landmines and turrets, since you could simply spawn unlimited turrets then. If anyone has a solution for this, I would like to hear it. Narhiril has the same problem with her mechanical spiders.

@hugo: There is a problem with "keep using it"... the reagent is used up.

People have been reporting it actually, they just haven't vocalized it very well. The complaints about sewing pants with figurines and needles turning into chessboards are because the reaction requires or produces TOY_NEEDLE which doesn't exist in the vanilla raws.  DF responds by creating a random craft or using a random craft. Same deal with scrapers and anything else that Wanderers added. It looks like you just forgot to add ITEM_WANDERER when you added REACTION_WANDERER. I made a quick DIY patch by adding the necessary file and changing TOY into TOOL.

moisesjns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4415 on: May 20, 2012, 02:50:34 pm »

quick question. how do i make iron golems be useful? i mean they just stay in the fort meeting area and i dont know how to position them outside to guard. i did the chain thing but thats a small amount of room. i also cant assign them to my millitary dwarfs.

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4416 on: May 20, 2012, 02:58:37 pm »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=98196.msg3299460#msg3299460

I have my save... I think this is a bug.  I had another user look at it n he couldn't figure it out either.

I do have an idea, its called dfhacking some magma onto the leper, but I shouldn't have to cheat to fix it.

The hand likely got on the tree when someone killed the leprechaun - it is common for pieces that go 'sailing in an arc' to land a z level higher on walls, trees, etc.  I see it all the time.  It later animated either because your map resurrects the dead, or a necromancer is around.

Try putting the cursor on the tree, go to the dfhack window, and type 'extirpate'.  This will remove the tree, and hopefully cause the hand to fall.  The non-cheat option is to kill it with archers, then try to quickly remove the tree or build a ramp, and dispose of the body part before it re-animates. 

@Meph:  Just a suggestion, but perhaps the 'Secret: Y/N' button could be renamed 'Secret !Fun!: Y/N'?  The 'Fun' tag might give folks a better head's up that enabling this is a difficulty boost.  Oh!  And while I'm at it, any chance you could add the mod version to Settings.exe?  Helps me catch when I forget to update my desktop shortcut, etc.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 03:04:36 pm by Werdna »
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.

jesusmod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4417 on: May 20, 2012, 03:02:35 pm »

oh dear god...

I was trading with an elven caravan, when apparently I just now found out that there's an elven ambush going on... with plaguebearers... oh god oh man oh god what do I do?

oh god now they're all on fire...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 03:05:36 pm by jesusmod »

zenfiero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4418 on: May 20, 2012, 03:09:10 pm »

Oooh, I see. I got a dwarf to make a turret, he caught the syndrome and all. He wandered a bit before the turret popped out, though, so it ended up somewhere not so useful. I might give it another go somewhere a bit further away. Maybe I can also try making a golem! In the last game for 1.8.1 I could move the turrets I bought from the caravan around like a pet, assigning it to zones or chains, but this one generated a friendly entity beyond my control. I hadn't tried to create any for myself in that one, and I haven't yet had a chance to find a turret for sale in 1.9.1.

Still expanding the scope of my fortress and thus my testing! Going fantastic so far! No other issues that I can think of, so far. I found a magma pool this time around and I've just built a magma temple and deployed a blessing! I just need to beef up my army.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4419 on: May 20, 2012, 03:12:09 pm »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=98196.msg3299460#msg3299460

I have my save... I think this is a bug.  I had another user look at it n he couldn't figure it out either.

I do have an idea, its called dfhacking some magma onto the leper, but I shouldn't have to cheat to fix it.

The hand likely got on the tree when someone killed the leprechaun - it is common for pieces that go 'sailing in an arc' to land a z level higher on walls, trees, etc.  I see it all the time.  It later animated either because your map resurrects the dead, or a necromancer is around.

Try putting the cursor on the tree, go to the dfhack window, and type 'extirpate'.  This will remove the tree, and hopefully cause the hand to fall.  The non-cheat option is to kill it with archers, then try to quickly remove the tree or build a ramp, and dispose of the body part before it re-animates. 

@Meph:  Just a suggestion, but perhaps the 'Secret: Y/N' button could be renamed 'Secret !Fun!: Y/N'?  The 'Fun' tag might give folks a better head's up that enabling this is a difficulty boost.  Oh!  And while I'm at it, any chance you could add the mod version to Settings.exe?  Helps me catch when I forget to update my desktop shortcut, etc.

I got it by immolating the tree

but that's a good tip

my archers wouldn't shoot at it for whatever reason.

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4420 on: May 20, 2012, 05:12:51 pm »

I agree on the first point, on the second I use "Masterwork Dwarf Fortress (version).app" when I'm testing, but then rename it to "Masterwork Dwarf Fortress.app" before release. Because of how the game works currently (it refers to its self by name) the name is hard coded inside the bundle and must be updated when renamed. Should I stop doing this?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 05:17:17 pm by zenerbufen »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4421 on: May 20, 2012, 06:12:16 pm »

About pets, golems and turrets.

Turret (bought from caravan/brought by migrant)
 - Station by making a 1x1 pasture.

Golem  (bought from caravan/brought by migrant)
 - War train, then station by making a 1x1 pasture.

Landmine  (bought from caravan/brought by migrant)
 - Station by making a 1x1 pasture. Better: Build a murderhole.

Turret (deployed)
 - Friendly. Will stay where you deployed it.

Golem (transformed)
 - Go to nobles screen, make them militia commanders
 - Go to military screen, make a new squad.
 - You can now directly control your golem by giving it orders.

Landmine  (deployed)
 - Friendly. Will stay where you deployed it.

@jesusmod: You got elven traders and an elven ambush ? Do you play with both good and evil elves at the same time ?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4422 on: May 20, 2012, 06:58:10 pm »

This is....odd. I force-embarked on a mountain and there was silk EVERYWHERE. Defaq?
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

azrael300

• Bay Watcher
  • WERE GOING TO LIVE :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4423 on: May 20, 2012, 06:58:13 pm »

i found something in the workshop section of the buildings menu , spawn location
what does the spawn location do?

corai the silk god hates you
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 07:11:10 pm by azrael300 »
Edit. Oh Jesus Christ, Necro would be proud. The second horse in the caravan came in and immediately caught on fire. I looked into his inventory and found a burning pig tail fiber bag. Curious, I looked inside.
quote above is by yuriruler90

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4424 on: May 20, 2012, 07:05:30 pm »

Oh, ick.  My mastiff just ripped the head off a Plaguebearer before dying from a plague blast.  I couldn't find the body, but tracking the head down via the body parts in the z-menu, I zoom in on it and find it in the butcher's shop.  Tasty brain, plaguebearer skull, and plague fluid seconds later.  Brilliant, fellas, I guess that's where the body went.  Bon appetit!
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.
Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 ... 749