Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 292 293 [294] 295 296 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1838580 times)

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.1 - for 34.09 :)
« Reply #4395 on: May 20, 2012, 12:54:47 am »

@thistleknot: Shoot it ? But what do you mean: Up a tree ? You melee dwarves should be able to attack a leprechaun, they cant fly.

it's literally one z level above a tree.

my melee dorfs arent shooting, maybe they don't have the right weapon equipped.

UPDATE:

here's my save

http://www.mediafire.com/?qh3e6cocs7iy3gt
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 01:00:43 am by thistleknot »

The_Final_Stand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4396 on: May 20, 2012, 01:00:05 am »

There really ought to be a way to manufacture Wards.

A cultist of the Carp God came in my first migrant wave, set himself up, and there weren't any Wards with the Caravan. The Fortress fell when it was revealed it was the Militia Commander, and that he'd inducted his squadmates.
On a related note, they seem to have MAXAGE:1:2. I'll admit I'm not a modder, but doesn't that mean that they only live for 2 years, the first of which is "childhood"? That seems alarmingly short for something you will want a few of in case of multiple infiltration attempts.

Sure, Losing is Fun, but not when nothing's even happened yet.

Awaen

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4397 on: May 20, 2012, 01:01:24 am »

@awaen: This was a typo in the raws an E was missing. It is fixed since 1.9

If its fixable without a new world gen, can you tell me where it was so I can keep my main fort?

Edit: Nevermind. I found the typo, its a fatal issue. :(

On to 1.9 I go!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 01:30:14 am by Awaen »

FalseDead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4398 on: May 20, 2012, 04:29:38 am »

So Is the ageless from the Fountain of youth just the ageless tag? or is there more?

And what does "fully healed mean? Does that mean limbs regrown? Bones instantly healing?

Does it obsolete my Hospital for all but the most serious of injuries?
"Ah the Internet; where the men are men, the women are also men, and the little girls are the F.B.I."

YuriRuler90

• Bay Watcher
  • We will bury you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4399 on: May 20, 2012, 07:23:05 am »

Ran another 6 months, any my dwarf traders exploded a dozen steps into the map. Here's the save.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6345

Edit. Oh Jesus Christ, Necro would be proud. The second horse in the caravan came in and immediately caught on fire. I looked into his inventory and found a burning pig tail fiber bag. Curious, I looked inside.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 07:27:09 am by YuriRuler90 »

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4400 on: May 20, 2012, 08:55:19 am »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=98196.msg3299460#msg3299460

I have my save... I think this is a bug.  I had another user look at it n he couldn't figure it out either.

I do have an idea, its called dfhacking some magma onto the leper, but I shouldn't have to cheat to fix it.

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4401 on: May 20, 2012, 08:55:36 am »

LOL Bag with magma:) Guess volcanic workshop and materials need some reworking here.

I had a question to Meph - i heavily mod all my DF games and wanted to implement a lot of things from MW... though with current RAW structure of MW it is a bit dificult. So about glazes - then i turn them on file reaction_glaze becomes working but he got no reactions.... why do you need it at all?
I found those reactions in reaction_masterwork and so i try to understand why do you need that raction_glaze file:) Also reaction_u and reaction_nc - i can't grasp any difference in those reactions. They are absolutaly same.

I guess i will be asking questions about such things a lot now Meph - sorry and thanks in advance:)

PS... Suddenly thought that you might object in me using your ideas in my mod (which i am 99% sure i won't post on wimbli) - so wanted to ask specific permission to use ideas and ask questions about your changes. If you want i can go to PM questions instead.

PS2 also found this in Unicorn raws:

[BIOME:ANY_LAND][BIOME:FOREST_TAIGA]
   [BIOME:ANY_LAND][BIOME:ANY_TEMPERATE_FOREST]
   [BIOME:ANY_LAND][BIOME:ANY_TROPICAL_FOREST]
   [BIOME:ANY_LAND][BIOME:SHRUBLAND_TEMPERATE]
   [BIOME:ANY_LAND][BIOME:SHRUBLAND_TROPICAL]

Should it be like this?
I use MW with all options turned off and then turn them 1 by 1 and see that changes in files.

PS3 now i see that even more creatures got that in the raws... is it really working well with such strange biome deinition?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 09:00:28 am by Tierre »

Olidot

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4402 on: May 20, 2012, 08:57:50 am »

@Olidot: Update your windows .NET framework to the newest version, and the GUI should run without problems.

I did this, and now it gives this complaint:
Code: [Select]
Unable to find a version of the runtime to run this application

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4403 on: May 20, 2012, 09:39:48 am »

surrounded the tree by level 3 water, immolated the tree, was able to attack the leprechaun.

saved the day!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 09:44:03 am by thistleknot »

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4404 on: May 20, 2012, 10:23:27 am »

Arf, I see that the flux stone in the search for a site is still broken, Toady didn't fix it after two versions?
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

Awaen

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4405 on: May 20, 2012, 10:57:19 am »

I've been seeing "FLUX" show up lately on one world; haven't tried search with it on though.

You can generally find it pretty easily by hand though; prospect from dfhack works on the world map and can tell you if an embark has flux.

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4406 on: May 20, 2012, 11:33:44 am »

I think you got a mistake in glazing reactions. In reaction_masterwork make glaze_u and make glaze_nc all use glaze_mat_u. That's in 1.9.1

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4407 on: May 20, 2012, 12:05:45 pm »

:o

750 downloads in a day, and tons of feedback coming in. I quickly checked for that "magma" bag, but will be difficult to find. Magma is the default name for any molten rock without a specific name assigned, so it could be pretty much anything. testing is ongoing.

@tierre: Thanks, should be glaze_nc. About the biomes: The biome_anyland are from me, the others are the originals. You will find the same with population numbers and sometimes frequencys. I added a new value for the mod, but left the old one, inactive, in the raws. This way I can see how the original was set up. All works, there is no problem with that. And yes, you can use everything in this mod for your personal mod.

@olidot: Dont know then... should work with .NET. I think greatwyrmgod had the same problem once, maybe ask him how he solved it.

@falsedead: heals everything, broken bones, lost limbs, adds the ageless tag... but they have to be fit enough to go to the building and do the interaction, so you still need a hospital ;)

@the final stand: If you think they are too hard, turn them off with the "Secrets Button" in the creature tab. But I know what you mean, I want to rework the wards a bit, both for this and for the plagues. Btw, your ward would reveal the leader, and that guy is a tiny bit stronger then the acolytes. Can only say: Tough luck that you got the cult in the first migrant wave.

EDIT: Funny how it goes... quote from IT-000 today.
I fixed a bug that caused potassium nitrate to be made as magma. Now I'm thinking of making 'workshop accidents' that spawns fire in certain workshops. I sort of liked the 'oh Fun' moment that the flaming workshop caused. But that needs to wait for a future release.
Sounds familiar, I suspect my "mercury/quicksilver" to be the culprit. Dont know why dwarves would put it in bags though, and not jugs...
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 12:12:01 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4408 on: May 20, 2012, 12:25:16 pm »

I think you wanted to move all glaze reactions to reaction_glaze. They are still in reaction_other, and reaction_glaze is empty. So expanded glazes are always on regardless of settings.

zenfiero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4409 on: May 20, 2012, 12:48:19 pm »

Hello again! Anyone else had problems with turret industry?

After a near-disaster of an ambush by clockwork men, I decided it was time to get me some turrets. After some research I found what workshop makes them and how and got the industry going to get me the resources for 3x slade, 1x bullet and 1x warp. Only there's a problem!

The warp turret fails to create. The bullet and slade turrets create fine and get put in my tool pile. But when I use a spawn location workshop to assemble them, instead of a badass defense emplacement, I get a puff of "Bullet turret" or "Slade turret" smoke and naught else. Drat!

Is this a known issue? I tried searching the thread but came up empty.
Pages: 1 ... 292 293 [294] 295 296 ... 749