Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1838535 times)

moisesjns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.1 - for 34.09 :)
« Reply #4380 on: May 19, 2012, 09:27:11 pm »

^^^ is that to me? where do i put this reaction?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4381 on: May 19, 2012, 09:32:28 pm »

@moisesjns: Cant reproduce, just tested. Here:

Works fine for me... and the reaction posted was not about your problem.

@Asva: Good catch, that should be 4, yes.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 09:36:28 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

moisesjns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4382 on: May 19, 2012, 09:41:05 pm »

hmm thats odd. i have no idea what i did wrong. i did not edit the building files at all. i have iron i have copper bars and gold. but the game crashes when i try to make irion plates. but i can add plate to my breastplates and boots and stuff.

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4383 on: May 19, 2012, 09:49:18 pm »

first attempt at an above ground fort.  within the first year i have a child grow to an adult, a rope reed mini skirt artifact, nymphs stole my only artifact, a werebunny attacks and transforms back into a human after killing some wildlife and an undead siege in late winter

damn nymphs

but as far as bugs go, the corpses were attacking an elf engraver sorcerer which i think came with them, i don't know if it's masterwork problem though

edit: i looked away and the game crashed, the sorcerer died and there was fire everywhere because of him, i saw some combat report of him fighting corpses earlier though.  no idea about the crash :-X
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 09:53:17 pm by zach123b »
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4384 on: May 19, 2012, 09:58:10 pm »

Undead can be a little weird about who they consider an enemy, this is a df thing and is perfectly normal.

If two necros show up and start raising corpses for example, the undead would fight each other and the ally necro's even if the necro's are friends. The undead are mindless re-animated corpses. What do you expect, extravagant diplomatic relations? Nope..they just wanna eat brains, brains, BRAINS! They don't care if it's in a friendly necro or a dwarf. And any other undead are just obstacles in the way.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4385 on: May 19, 2012, 10:18:44 pm »

So... Dwarf caravan came in, unloaded their goods, and then spontaneously combusted. What the hell.

Yeah. Same here, I think they brought fire-bolts, or a burning skull.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4386 on: May 19, 2012, 10:40:23 pm »

I think corpses are OPPOSED_TO_LIFE, that's why they attacked the sorcerer who was not NOT_LIVING.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Awaen

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4387 on: May 19, 2012, 11:21:17 pm »

Been a lurker for a while; found Masterworks through one of the various forumite signatures.

I love the work you've put into the mod; thank you for it.

Now: I do have a bug report.

I'm using the previous version of Dwarf Fortress (The latest patch BEFORE minecarts were added), along with the Masterworks version that was packaged with it at that time. The problem for me is:

Whenever I attempt to do the "Create bookcover from leather" task, Dwarf Fortress just crashes ("DF has stopped working", might be a segfault type deal). From the timing, it appears to occur right when the actual item is created.

Looking at the "Make a book" task gives reagants of

"TOOL"
"STACK"

output:
"BLANK BOOK"

I didn't see this issue listed anywhere; though I might have missed it; is it possible that this is a previous version bug; or just a general bug with the reaction?

It's occured across multiple forts with different Masterworks settings, I have the save files for the second fort available if you would like it.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 11:25:12 pm by Awaen »

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4388 on: May 19, 2012, 11:33:50 pm »

Just wanted to say

this mod really makes the game zoom

it's pretty nice, I mean that in a subdued way, cuz it's really f'n awesome the way it plays.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4389 on: May 19, 2012, 11:35:05 pm »

I love how I keep getting set on fire when the dwarves come to trade.

Im gonna try and play as the Drow!
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4390 on: May 19, 2012, 11:46:20 pm »

I got this annoying undead leprechaun hand sitting on top of a tree that I can't seem to attack and it's totally disabling my entire fortress

I don't know if it's doing some sort of mind control, but all my dorfs are interrupted in their labors even tho he's just sitting there

I can't attack him as he's above ground (I tried to send archers, but they just sit outside him)

I dunno what to do.

I tried to build a ramp to get up there, but it's not happening, any help would be appreciated.

UPDATE:

everyone seems to not be red in anger, but I have a ton of starving people and they are all buzzing around my entrance for some reason (I already set the wagon to deconstruct).

I'm wondering if this evil ass leprechaun is interrupting my dwarve's from doing basic things like eating, cuz I got food.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 11:58:27 pm by thistleknot »

Sirmaril

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm from Poland, so sorry for my bad english.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4391 on: May 20, 2012, 12:15:07 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dwarves it they are not in millitary will be scared and run away if they see a monster. You might try to build a ramp and wall as close as you can and send markdwarves there. If it's not possible you can try to burn it down with bonfire. If everything else fails you can cheat and mod-out fear so they will not be scared. If you need help with cheating send me a PM.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #4392 on: May 20, 2012, 12:23:13 am »

Sounds like the brought a boiling stone of some sort. But I just checked the dwarven trade selection, they just have normal stone. All looks good. Do you maybe have a safe for that ?

One thing I noticed: The damn dwarves have (of course) bifrost bars for trading. Sure, since you have a reaction to create them, your home civ has the same reaction. Damn. I will have to use the same workaround I did use for the volcanic. No bar making, but only custom items, that the caravan cant bring. Sometimes I dislike some of the game mechanics. Well... you can get bifrost items from dwarven caravans for now.

Bifrost bar issue my friend, I has the solution. Make a non-exsistant metal ore (shows up nowhere) and frost giants drop it on death. so you smelt it through vanilla smelters, thus since no one can dig out bifrost ore, no one can trade it. allowing only players access when a dead giant drops it *success*

PS sorry for any un understanble-ness of writing, kinda still fazed from the party
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 12:26:56 am by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4393 on: May 20, 2012, 12:38:37 am »

@Hugo: I might try that and see if it works. Otherwise I use the same tactic I do for the volcanic material: Custom items. No bars at all. That way the homeciv never trades it.

@awaen: This was a typo in the raws an E was missing. It is fixed since 1.9

@thistleknot: Shoot it ? But what do you mean: Up a tree ? You melee dwarves should be able to attack a leprechaun, they cant fly.

::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #4394 on: May 20, 2012, 12:40:09 am »

@Hugo: I might try that and see if it works. Otherwise I use the same tactic I do for the volcanic material: Custom items. No bars at all. That way the homeciv never trades it.

@awaen: This was a typo in the raws an E was missing. It is fixed since 1.9

@thistleknot: Shoot it ? But what do you mean: Up a tree ? You melee dwarves should be able to attack a leprechaun, they cant fly.

I bet my plan will work, maybe.

also the leprecon in the tree is acually an animated hand i think. probally from some over zealous axedwarf?

PS. anywhos sleep time cometh
Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 749