Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 290 291 [292] 293 294 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1838495 times)

jesusmod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.1 - for 34.09 :)
« Reply #4365 on: May 19, 2012, 01:37:57 pm »

okay, I always manually check dwarf descriptions to get caste info and all that, and I came across on that said :a short, sturdy creature fond of blood and drink. just..just what? I'm pretty sure that's not normal. to prove I'm not hallucinating here,   :-\

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4366 on: May 19, 2012, 01:45:01 pm »

A vampire?

btw Meph did you think of adding CivForge into Masterwork? I like xelics for instance:)

nekronuke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4367 on: May 19, 2012, 02:13:27 pm »

a friend and i get crashes on worldgen, anyone else?

Mithril Leaf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4368 on: May 19, 2012, 02:57:28 pm »

I'm sorry that I'm too lazy to check the whole 300 pages of this thread, but is there a plan to have a gui for the linux version? I'd really like to pick features instead of just having the default.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4369 on: May 19, 2012, 03:18:17 pm »

A vampire?

btw Meph did you think of adding CivForge into Masterwork? I like xelics for instance:)

seriously!

I love xelics and sand raiders!

but nooooo!!!! the community voted against it!.

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4370 on: May 19, 2012, 04:10:35 pm »

I'm sorry that I'm too lazy to check the whole 300 pages of this thread, but is there a plan to have a gui for the linux version? I'd really like to pick features instead of just having the default.
yes
a friend and i get crashes on worldgen, anyone else?
are illithids on? if so turn them off. they use a ton of memory and cause out of memory crashes often,
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 04:12:15 pm by zenerbufen »

andy_t_roo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4371 on: May 19, 2012, 06:04:27 pm »

okay, I always manually check dwarf descriptions to get caste info and all that, and I came across on that said :a short, sturdy creature fond of blood and drink. just..just what? I'm pretty sure that's not normal. to prove I'm not hallucinating here,   :-\

iirc, that was one of the secrets, not specifically a vampire -- perhaps a blood beast, or something (not a positive one anyway - watch that dwarf, and if he starts drawing pentagrams or something, seal him off, as he might turn into a monster.

there might also be a cure, but again, i'm not sure, as i normally play with secrets off, so i don't have to vet all ariving dwarves to see if they are some type of monster.
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
Hell if I know.  Pretty humourous suggestion, but utterly useless in the case of roleplaying, if indeed the whole game world was one whole huge ass field of fruit.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4372 on: May 19, 2012, 06:13:27 pm »

Lastly sauropods can be difficult, but my hunters/archers are able to kill them in no time. They run off when they are being attacked. In that sort of frenzy they do not rage or charge. Figure it is supposed to be that way, but lord over 10000 units of meat can see you through the game.
That figure might be a bit high... and again, I might habe to rebalance Dwarf Chocolate additions.

@zenfiero: No, caste changing is no longer possible, it messed up the Therapist and the other transformations.

@sirmaril: Nope the reagent names can be absolutely random, no problem here.

@corai: Yes, migrants might bring copper or iron golems. These low-tech golems can be bought from caravans as well.

@maki32: The font has no gender symbol. but I might be able to fix that in future. Just did not get around doing this. And No, I wont make a pdf manual, but a html version is in work.

@thistleknot: The output for the Therapist is for splinterz version anyway. And yeah, the dfhack is a hacked together dev version. Was tired of waiting.

@jesusmod: It is a "secret" dwarf. You can cure him with a ward against possesions. Or lock him up, your choice.

@Olidot: Update your windows .NET framework to the newest version, and the GUI should run without problems.

@nerkonuke: Again, Illithids might cause crashes. Again, I dont get them in my worldgen, so I dont really know how to fix it, except rewriting them from scratch, what I will eventually do. Thats the reason they are OFF by default.

::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

YuriRuler90

• Bay Watcher
  • We will bury you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4373 on: May 19, 2012, 06:17:07 pm »

So... Dwarf caravan came in, unloaded their goods, and then spontaneously combusted. What the hell.

Morwaul

• Bay Watcher
  • ..............boo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4374 on: May 19, 2012, 06:24:46 pm »

So... Dwarf caravan came in, unloaded their goods, and then spontaneously combusted. What the hell.

Now there is a feature worth having!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4375 on: May 19, 2012, 06:25:28 pm »

Sounds like the brought a boiling stone of some sort. But I just checked the dwarven trade selection, they just have normal stone. All looks good. Do you maybe have a safe for that ?

One thing I noticed: The damn dwarves have (of course) bifrost bars for trading. Sure, since you have a reaction to create them, your home civ has the same reaction. Damn. I will have to use the same workaround I did use for the volcanic. No bar making, but only custom items, that the caravan cant bring. Sometimes I dislike some of the game mechanics. Well... you can get bifrost items from dwarven caravans for now.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

YuriRuler90

• Bay Watcher
  • We will bury you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4376 on: May 19, 2012, 06:38:27 pm »

Do you maybe have a safe for that ?

I save scummed and had to go back 6 months. I'll make a save before they appear and post it if it happens again.

Twopences

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4377 on: May 19, 2012, 08:06:47 pm »

one of my dwarf became a carp acolyte of the carp god XP and killed my entire fort (only just started) never saw that 1 comming

moisesjns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4378 on: May 19, 2012, 08:51:27 pm »

my game crashes if i make a steel plate at armory. not sure why.

edit: it does it when i  try to make any plate.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 08:53:57 pm by moisesjns »

Asva

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4379 on: May 19, 2012, 09:13:10 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I think the reaction is not updated. Should give 4 blocks or 3 at least (as a punishment for not knowing magmasafe types of stone).
Pages: 1 ... 290 291 [292] 293 294 ... 749