Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1838461 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.1 - for 34.09 :)
« Reply #4335 on: May 18, 2012, 03:04:03 pm »

@dox:The sleeping room layout looks familiar, I distincly remember a giant volcano fortress I had using that design. BY HAND I might add, that was before I knew Chromafort/Quickfort.

I honestly dont know how this would be done, but since I am kind of spamming in the Phoebus thread anyway, I might as well ask this as well. :)

@werdna:
I don't use danger rooms or weapon traps
Danger Rooms cant be used in this mod without heavy casualties, and weapon traps are heavily nerfed. At least the trap comps, if you fill them with actual weapons, they still work as usual.

@moisesjns: Tears of Armok are aquifer gems, and produce unlimited water... when mined out, they drop a gem that you can use in the alchemists lab to fill unlimited amounts of buckets with water... or just cut and sell it the caravans.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 03:06:21 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Sirmaril

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm from Poland, so sorry for my bad english.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4336 on: May 18, 2012, 03:16:15 pm »

Edit: an example of what I'm talking about http://i48.tinypic.com/2dw7n76.jpg

I would TOTALY LOVE this mod if it included the Maydays graphic pack. I dislike the Phoebus walls, beds, doors etc. and would be very happy if the same cold be done for this mod. Really i don't ask for Maydays animals and creatures, just the basics from the /data/art folder like dwarfs, walls, buckets and all the others. And since Meph included the Ironhand, so maybe?..

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4337 on: May 18, 2012, 03:19:22 pm »

Mayday got the least amount of votes when I asked about tilesets, so it will be done last. But yes, sooner or later, the mod will also inlcude Mayday. The thing is that Mike Mayday has no time for DF right now, and there is no one updating the tileset for 34.09, with tracks and minecarts and all. If someone makes an updated version, I might feel tempted enough to add it. But they way it is, rather not...

EDIT: I love this community. Phoebus was kind enough to answer rather quickly to your (dox) request:

Not only is it possible, but by using the tileset assembler you're making it significantly easier to create your mod and keep the mod up to date with the latest changes with the game.

You can open the file "data/config/tilesetassemblerdata.zip" to see how the tileset assembler works.
You can copy your own custom mods in the directory "data/config/tilesetassembler/", and the tileset assembler will use them.

You should specifically look at "GroundMod_Floors_Smooth", copy & rename both the PNG and TEXT to "GroundMod_Floors_Mayday" and edit the PNG so it has mayday's old floors instead of the smooth floors.
so, yeah, the answer is YES, can be done. Is added to my list.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 03:29:54 pm by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
Re: MASTERWORK Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.1 - for 34.09 :)
« Reply #4338 on: May 18, 2012, 03:41:49 pm »

My favorite siege technique is to order a LOT of turrets from the caravan, and then,  when they bring them, deconstruct the depot and steal the turrets. Then raise the fortress value quickly, and pay them back next year. 5 Slade Turrets + 5 Warpstone Turrets=Dead Siege.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

DoX

• Bay Watcher
  • No, seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4339 on: May 18, 2012, 04:09:43 pm »

Mayday got the least amount of votes when I asked about tilesets, so it will be done last. But yes, sooner or later, the mod will also inlcude Mayday. The thing is that Mike Mayday has no time for DF right now, and there is no one updating the tileset for 34.09, with tracks and minecarts and all. If someone makes an updated version, I might feel tempted enough to add it. But they way it is, rather not...

EDIT: I love this community. Phoebus was kind enough to answer rather quickly to your (dox) request:

Not only is it possible, but by using the tileset assembler you're making it significantly easier to create your mod and keep the mod up to date with the latest changes with the game.

You can open the file "data/config/tilesetassemblerdata.zip" to see how the tileset assembler works.
You can copy your own custom mods in the directory "data/config/tilesetassembler/", and the tileset assembler will use them.

You should specifically look at "GroundMod_Floors_Smooth", copy & rename both the PNG and TEXT to "GroundMod_Floors_Mayday" and edit the PNG so it has mayday's old floors instead of the smooth floors.
so, yeah, the answer is YES, can be done. Is added to my list.

-YOU- love this community? I got the Masterwork Modmaker AND Phoebus to respond to my questions in the same day. This community is freakin' exceptional.

Twopences

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4340 on: May 18, 2012, 04:35:49 pm »

i was wondering i really like this mod :) but i do also like the genesis mod and would like to know if its possible to use both mods at the same time ?

azrael300

• Bay Watcher
  • WERE GOING TO LIVE :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4341 on: May 18, 2012, 04:48:57 pm »

>>>>>>Sam<<<<< as always, with some additions. Extract ridium/silver/gold strands for runes, or make wooden mechanisms/querns/millstone. A little upgrade for the craftsdwarf, not much. You can also generate a few new items here, candles, unravel cloth, make some new wooden items, order specific crafts and more.

misspelled same
or did you fix it in 1.9.1?

and by making diamond out of coal you mean adamantine? right? because they called diamonds,adamantine way back then.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 04:53:17 pm by azrael300 »
Edit. Oh Jesus Christ, Necro would be proud. The second horse in the caravan came in and immediately caught on fire. I looked into his inventory and found a burning pig tail fiber bag. Curious, I looked inside.
quote above is by yuriruler90

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Zen, thanks I'll have another go at that, when I tried to change the world size it reset the parameters but if you say it can be done then it probably can! Still I did enjoy learning how the advanced options worked.
Yes that warning scared me to, but the world still generated and still looked as it should. Keep us posted on how it works out for you please :)
Personally, I prefer MW's style of iron&flux at every embark vs classic DF, it results in a better game and less embark searching.  But it does result in very early steel because the components are so easy to locate in the first year and I think that is what I am getting at - I like the guaranteed steel components on every embark , but I dislike that I am able to easily have all my dwarves outfitted before the first siege.

QFT, I love that i know I will always be able to find flux.. but sometimes it seems to easy to get. ESP flux from bones, with a couple of fisher dwarfs and a kitchen(or was it butchers) you can grind up a TON of flux. Maybe more bones could be required or use a differant building could be used. (experiance based on older version, maybe this has already been changed.) My experiance with masterwork has usually ended up being, more flux than i know what to do with and not enough iron to use it, but maybe thats just how I play. I still havn't gotten very deep on my forts before starting fresh, and I usually keep my fortress value pretty low.

Also, I don't play that much.. I spend more time tinkering on things than playing currently, so take my input in this regard with a grain of salt.

@Meph: Ah, I've never tried the maps that come with Masterwork.  Maybe I'm just missing some stone that can be used as flux then, but looking at the list of flux stones on the wiki I can say for sure I've never seen any of those in my current fort and I've dug to the magma sea.  Maybe next time I generate a fort I'll try the included maps.

If you are short on flux, designate a fisherdwarf and turn those fishbones into flux, if you lack access to water you could breed kittens, then butcher them for their bones, and grind that to flux, to make your steel armour. Even better, make your armour out of the bones of your enemy's BWAHAHA :)

It's just never happened before, and no traders at all? Not even drow? Plus, I am getting migrants. If there's no dwarf civilization, where are they coming from?
I think the drow are shy. It usually takes several years before they show up in my experiance.

Looks like I have some more work to do

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4343 on: May 18, 2012, 05:28:06 pm »

wow, i was away for a while (Witcher 2 and Mass Effect 3), mind is spinning from all the changes to both vanilla DF and masterwork.  MW1.8 sounds awesome!

fun weekend coming up :)

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4344 on: May 18, 2012, 07:11:33 pm »

huh meph, i think i found a bug

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

edit:added the can't farm to the spoiler
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 07:22:53 pm by zach123b »
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

chaosgear

• Bay Watcher
  • Pants-on-head retarded
    • View Profile
« Reply #4345 on: May 18, 2012, 07:37:51 pm »

Hmm. This is odd.
DF crashes every time I try to gen a new world. It gets to year 30ish and then freezes.
Uh...what do?
I always seem to end up with a magnificent burial complex and nowhere near enough bodies to fill it, or far too many bodies and nowhere to put any of them.

Twopences

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4346 on: May 18, 2012, 07:49:24 pm »

Hmm. This is odd.
DF crashes every time I try to gen a new world. It gets to year 30ish and then freezes.
Uh...what do?

try to lower the amount of setting u have like less races items and so on that helped for me

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4347 on: May 18, 2012, 08:13:20 pm »

@chaosgear: Try without Illithids, they somethimes still cause problems.

@zach123b: yes, you did.
A size of 150 is typical for BAR, POWDER_MISC, LIQUID_MISC, and DRINK
You get 150 times more then you should, because I wrote 5 instead of 750 in the reagent. Somehow that leads to the conclusion that the refine drink reactions are also messed up, but strangely I remember them to work fine. 
EDIT: Wait, did the dwarf grab the entire stack of 1500 (should be 10) shrooms and managed to fill the output into just one barrel ? dwarves... they still dont know about physics.

@smake: Welcome back, was wondering where you are ;)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 08:33:21 pm by Meph »

LordBadger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4348 on: May 18, 2012, 09:13:52 pm »

Been a bit... I should really send my regards more often. Game still plays great, even at it's worst and most confusing-It can always make me smile.

You know, (And I have never turned them on before) Automatons look like a creature graphic from a really old game called "Questron". That part does not matter much, and you may not have used a sprite from that game, however I think they look cool.

I have gotten in a fight with a wandering Frost giant. She got stuck in a cage, and was still counted as "Friendly" And furthermore I was given the option of training her... That did not work, I tried to trade her to the elves for a Dragon and a magma hound. (BTW I love that those things can be ordered now) She got out, no real surprise there, so the dwarfs and the eleven caravan had to kill her. Good times.

Lastly sauropods can be difficult, but my hunters/archers are able to kill them in no time. They run off when they are being attacked. In that sort of frenzy they do not rage or charge. Figure it is supposed to be that way, but lord over 10000 units of meat can see you through the game.

Guess that was not lastly, the merchants now can escape from locked rooms. That is just ducky, really holds me back from being a thief. So good work, still am not sure how to play this game (To include vanilla) with a military, but your mod makes learning fun.

Been out of the loop for sometime, but I hope you are still having/had fun, well down south. You have done a great job Meph and associates.

FalseDead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4349 on: May 19, 2012, 12:50:01 am »

Guess that was not lastly, the merchants now can escape from locked rooms. That is just ducky, really holds me back from being a thief. So good work, still am not sure how to play this game (To include vanilla) with a military, but your mod makes learning fun.

Create a Airlock Via Bridges around Your depot... and Close it up after Clearing all the Perishables from the Depot

Watch the Merchants get put down by their guards and Gain a Free army by opening into your fort!

I Right Now have 14 Dwarven Caravan Guards locked inside my fort

I don't Need No stinking Military!
"Ah the Internet; where the men are men, the women are also men, and the little girls are the F.B.I."
Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292 ... 749