Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1838282 times)

Draevos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Apothecarius being in a burrow, and the woodstockpile being outside of this burrow ? Both material and workshop have to be in the same burrow, even if it is not active. Please report if that was the case.

You are my savior. I wondered why, one game my magma forges wouldn't work with resources which were 100+ z-levels away and in a different burrow...  :P

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile

Don't want to seem rude, but I am the one who figured that out. It has puzzled modders for a long time.

EDIT: Meph, will spiked minecarts make it in to this release?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 10:03:24 pm by tahujdt »
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

It is not rude. That was a triumph. A true success ;)

It is also listed in the little .txt I include in the main folder, called: Known Issues. It reads like this:
Workshop reactions are red, even with all the materials aviable.
Bug:      
If a workshop is in a burrow, even if the burrow is inactive, then it accepts only materials within the same burrow.

Solution:
Make a bigger burrow including the materials, or keep the material stockpiles within the same burrow. Or delete the burrow.

Spiked minecarts, and bladed minecarts are in. Yes, they will be aviable in the next version. And just if anyone wonders why I am constantly online today: I try to up and download some stuff, just a few hundret mbs... pics up, mp3s down... and it is maddening with the speed here. 100mb... 1,5h remaining. ARGH.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, it's apparently in this "manual" Meph keeps talking about which I am too lazy to read... :P There's probably more useful stuff in there too...
It's good, and not really that long. Give it a quick read.

Meph: I like the building guides, I don't like the windows help format that you use for the manual. They are not easily readable on mac/linux. Another graphical material guide would be cool for the special rocks (warpstone,live rock) and new trees plants and other such, that showed what was special about them and what the new materials are useful for.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 10:35:41 pm by zenerbufen »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I could make a .rtf or .txt version, just copy paste everything out from the chm file. Would have no hyperlinks and pictures though... which format would be good ? .doc, .odt, .rtf ?

☼MASTERWORK☼ DF - 1.9 - Succession Fort - Self promotion, anyone wants to lead the official 1.9 testfort ?

EDIT: The graphical guide are super easy to do. You think one for new inorganic mats would be helpful ? Metals, Minerals, Wood, and so forth ? It is strange... some people dont read the manual, because it is too long, others havent found the graphical guides, other yet again ask for more details in the manual. I am a bit baffled as to what to do... the wiki is, sadly, a failure, no one updates it, and it only leads to two different sources of conflicting informations. I already took it out of the main post, and might take it from my signature as well. There have been literally no changes in a month, but (with 1.9 close) 3 new versions of the mod.

PS: zach123b is working on some fancy animals with extra butchery options, as soon as this animal/farming update is done I will certainly do a graphical guide for those.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 10:47:37 pm by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I could make a .rtf or .txt version, just copy paste everything out from the chm file. Would have no hyperlinks and pictures though...
One of the items on my todo list is to convert that to an html version and convince you to use it. I could even add a little html viewer into the masterwork launcher, and include all the building guides.
☼MASTERWORK☼ DF - 1.9 - Succession Fort - Self promotion, anyone wants to lead the official 1.9 testfort ?

*raises hand* Pick me :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

So in addition to converting and tending to the Mac and Linux versions, AND writing the GUI for them, you also want to volunteer to rewrite the manual AND become the Overseer of the test fortress ?

Good Sir, if you are willing to invest so much time in this, then please, go ahead ;) An html-offline version, or something online ? I/We/You could decrease the filesize if the 4mb manual is outsourced to a website. Of course that would cripple people who dont have a constant internet connection, so forget that idea.

So, I will certainly do the graphical guides for inorganics and the new animals, as soon as they are done. If you want to write the html-help file (you can just copy the content of the updated manual I have here) and become the overseer of the Fort, so be it. What do you say ?

EDIT: Overlooked that when I read your message the first time: The building guides IN the actual manual would be helpfull. :) I might have to standardize the pixel count and layout then, right now they are all differently sized.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 11:14:24 pm by Meph »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution

I think he ment offline HTML that links to other pages within the foulder/sub foulders I made one for my personal offline wiki, also it's like to have all the page links on one index, instead of typing in the darn search box every time  >:(

They are very simple to make, I'm just too lazy to make mine fancy (two frame index, inwhich clicked pages on the left open the desired page on the right frame, no jumping back and forth between pages.)

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Masterwork succession fort? Rar!

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So in addition to converting and tending to the Mac and Linux versions, AND writing the GUI for them, you also want to volunteer to rewrite the  manual
Yes Although the html guide/gui are going to take time. (D3 beckons)

AND become the Overseer of the test fortress ?
I'd love to maintain it for you while your away (keep track of turns/overseers, address issues that come up, etc,) but don't want to take the first turn, I'm taking my turn on another fort at the moment. I'll probably jump in later down the line.

Good Sir, if you are willing to invest so much time in this, then please, go ahead ;) An html-offline version, or something online ? I/We/You could decrease the filesize if the 4mb manual is outsourced to a website. Of course that would cripple people who dont have a constant internet connection, so forget that idea.
If I was in charge Id have the most recent version online, and bundle it up for each release. It could be an optional download.
So, I will certainly do the graphical guides for inorganics and the new animals, as soon as they are done. If you want to write the html-help file (you can just copy the content of the updated manual I have here) and become the overseer of the Fort, so be it. What do you say ?
What should I work on first, GUI or Guides? I think both these projects would increase usability on mac/linux/windows. The GUI will take much longer, but will benifit windows users as well. I'm adding a few features such as civ page, graphics/colors, and it will eliminate all the .net issues people are having. Did you see the screen shot I posted a few pages back?

I'll just drop these here, if any one is interested:

Masterwork 1.9 for Macintosh
Masterwork 1.9 for Linux
Masterwork 1.9 for Windows

Please test :)

« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 05:31:18 am by zenerbufen »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I tried to upload the Linux version to the DFFD and I got his:
Error
This file type is currently not accepted through upload or URLs on our archive.

It is a tgz file. The last time you did send me a zip, which appearently works fine. I will just repack the tgz. (what is that?) into a zip and reupload it. And for everyone who wants to try the windows version: Note that it is untested and has no dfhack.

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I tried to upload the Linux version to the DFFD and I got his:
Error
This file type is currently not accepted through upload or URLs on our archive.

It is a tgz file. The last time you did send me a zip, which appearently works fine. I will just repack the tgz. (what is that?) into a zip and reupload it. And for everyone who wants to try the windows version: Note that it is untested and has no dfhack.
a tgz is a Gzipped Tar. A very popular (default?) compressed archive format on linux.

aaron32

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry to rain on your parade, But masterwork 1.9 for linux doesn't work for me. It seems to be that you named some png files with .PNG's, Which give me an error when trying to run, Like "Not found: raw/graphics/puppy.PNG". (Not that there IS a puppy.PNG or png, But still, You get the point.) I don't know what I should do to get the game to run. Thanks!

EDIT: Also, It happens when I try to run either arena or try to create/load a world. And it seems renaming files with .PNG's to .png fixes the problem for that file.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 02:03:29 am by aaron32 »
(Probably Ex)Admin on Urist McStation, A space station 13 server.
Link: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=123140.0

It's pretty cool. Check it out.

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry to rain on your parade, But masterwork 1.9 for linux doesn't work for me. It seems to be that you named some png files with .PNG's, Which give me an error when trying to run, Like "Not found: raw/graphics/puppy.PNG". (Not that there IS a puppy.PNG or png, But still, You get the point.) I don't know what I should do to get the game to run. Thanks!

EDIT: Also, It happens when I try to run either arena or try to create/load a world. And it seems renaming files with .PNG's to .png fixes the problem for that file.

Meph! You told me you fixed that! Anyways my fault for not checking, I'll fix that and re-upload. Thank you aaron32 for being my Guinea pig. You can fix it by changing all the filenames to lowercase, then changing the filenames in the corresponding txt's. Last time it was only like 3 of the files.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 02:29:16 am by zenerbufen »

Whivy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm wondering, isn't the new gem things a bit overpowered? I mean, I usually struggle to find good metal to build my weapons and armor, but gems are very easy to find (too much in my opinion). Making gems weapons and gems furniture seem an easy way to have high value things easily. Or am I wrong?
Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 749