Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1838300 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

@zyxterman: This is curious... most people run it just with .NET 4.0

@azreal: No spamming. Told you before. And most of these "suggestions" dont even make any sense.

@rest: Here the changelog, did a little bit on the materials, the high end stuff is really rare. And better balanced I hope.

- Added [HEATDAM_POINT:NONE] to magmamancer. They were fireimmune_super, but just to make sure...
 - Edited the Automaton entity... hopefully they bring weapons next time.
 - Fixed all the 255 tiled creatures that were invisible in ASCII mode.
 - Updated the Manual
 - Removed the buildings section from the manual, and instead linked to the building guides, they are better then text.
 - All buildings guides updated.
 - Upped layer permit of plate greaves
 - Fixed Parchement/Parchment naming error
 - Updated Mouse Fortress and Dwarf Therapist to df 34.08
 - Added speared and bladed minecarts
 - Sorted the entity_default into catergories. Much nicer to read.
 - Added [DO_NOT_CLEAN_GLOB] to slade and copper, so that turret ammo is certainly not collected anymore.
 - Added new building: Great Magma Forge
    - Makes Obsidian and Slade
    - Creates Weapons and Armor from volcanic. A new material, composed of steel, obsidian and slade.
    - Volcanic is half as good as adamantine and makes triple damage against Frost Giants.
 - Frost Giants now drop a "bifrost" boulder upon death. This can be made into a bifrost bar in the Creature Research Lab.
 - Bifrost is almost (80%) as good as adamantine.
 - Slade Metal is now (20%) as good as adamantine.
 - Iridium is now (60%) as good as adamantine

Here the new material guide I made for it: (WARNING, big file)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT: and the building guide for the great magma forge (better title anyone?)

Still waiting on dfhack :P
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 06:58:19 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

McCrow

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Quick question:

In terms of effectiveness for weapons/armor, how does Welded Cobalt (cobalt-iron alloy) rate in regards to similar metals? Steel, meteorite.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Quick answer: Look at the post above yours, click on the first spoiler, and... behold... a material guide, including the values for cobalt and all other metals. :)

EDIT: And because I am so nice: Slightly above steel, but still below Mithril.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

McCrow

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Quickly excellent!

I had not noticed the in-depth material guide, had just been using the Manual.batch. Thanks!

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile

It appears, according to that, that slademantine is worse than adamantine. Why is that, and how good IS slademantine?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

It is worse, because:
You can order it from caravans.
You can steal it from civs who have it.
You can "dilute" adamantine, and with 1 adam and 1 slade make 2 slademantine bars. This means you can double your adamantine reserves... but make it slightly worse in the process.

How good is it ?
It is epic for blunt weapons and ammo, and for the rest almost as good as adam.

Draevos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It appears, according to that, that slademantine is worse than adamantine. Why is that, and how good IS slademantine?
Just look at the weight/density. It takes the best property of slade: the weight/density (adamantine's weakness), and combines it with the properties of adamantine; probably the best for armor too. Also what Meph said...

Names for the Great Magma Forge:

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile

I personally think that 'Deep Forge' sounds good. Perhaps it could be the only building that can work frostbrand(The conceptual frost giant drop)?
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile

and the building guide for the great magma forge (better title anyone?)

Volcanic Forge
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Draevos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Volcanic Forge

!!Thievery!!

I'm glad to hear (and see) that you updated the manual and such, Meph. Did you include stuff about the new noble positions as well? (Overseer, Preacher, Psychiatrist, etc.)

I personally think that 'Deep Forge' sounds good. Perhaps it could be the only building that can work frostbrand(The conceptual frost giant drop)?

I like the frostbrand idea, I like Frostbane as a name for the forge for that, but it does more than the frost giant stuff, (slade, obsidian, volcanic).
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 08:03:16 pm by Draevos »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I will leave it a Great Magma Forge for now. Deep Forge is nice, but wouldnt quite fit volcano embarks with it on the summit ;)

I will not have it work bifrost. Why ? Two different game mechanics here. The forge gives volcanic material and needs magma. The Frost Giants give Bifrost and need to be killed first. The actual metal is made in the creature research lab, that handles all the other creature drops as well. This way people who mine for magma get a reward, OR the people who fight the Giants got one.

I also finally splitted the gemworkshop in two. Gemcutter and Gemforge, same style as the Stonecutter and Rockforge. That means for you that you can now make gem furniture as well.

EDIT: new nobles only have this note in the manual:
You can appoint a priest to console dwarves, have a philosopher in the fortress that just bums around and can appoint an "Overseer" for succession games.

EDIT2: Oh, and the new version makes two projects I was planning to do unnecessary.
1. Blockfactory... you can now link stockpiles to workshops, so no need for this anymore.
2. Specific Stone Crushing... with only 25% as many stones this is rather obsolete as well.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 08:18:49 pm by Meph »

SeigeOps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm, for some odd reason, my Apothecarius menu is completely red and I have no idea why. I have plenty of logs (I actually underestimated the output of my tree farms and am currently drowning in wood) so that can't be the problem. It's not really a problem seeing as I can still get medical supplies through carpentry, but its still there. Any ideas on what's causing it?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Apothecarius being in a burrow, and the woodstockpile being outside of this burrow ? Both material and workshop have to be in the same burrow, even if it is not active. Please report if that was the case.

SeigeOps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah yes. That is indeed the case. I've never really worked with burrows before, so I was not familiar with that particular qwirk. Thanks for the quick reply, Meph. Eagerly awaiting the next update. Sounds like its going to be as impressive as always.
Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 749