Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1838116 times)

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

just waiting on dfhack.
Do a non-dfhack release. Let all the spoiled windows users see what it's like playing masterwork on a Mac! ;)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 03:22:03 am by zenerbufen »

Rep

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Often absent
    • View Profile

just waiting on dfhack.
Do a non-dfhack release. Let all the spoiled windows users see what it's like playing masterwork on a Mac! ;)

Look on the bright side. Our Macs may not run many games or much custom software, may be virtually impossible to upgrade and may have cost a fortune, but at least we're not nerds.

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Look on the bright side. Our Macs may not run many games or much custom software, may be virtually impossible to upgrade and may have cost a fortune, but at least we're not nerds.
My mac can run anything! Windows, Dos, Linux, BSD, Mac OS X, Mac os 9, Nintendo, gameboy, etc.

It just uses allot of power to run multiple operating systems at the same time. This means my lap is burn and my fans are loud. Also the high memory usage causes everything to bog down when you have multiple modern operating systems running side by side with multiple programs. Rebooting between them is such a pain, windows 7 takes FOREVER to boot in bootcamp. Why reboot between programs when you can Command-Tab?

Between virtualization, emulators, and bootcamp macs are very flexible, and who really upgrades computers anyways? You usually have to upgrade everything anyways. New motherboard = new slots. upgrade your cards, memory, new form factor means new case, oh new drives are faster and use new connectors, so your old drives are no good with the new board either. Then does everything even work together? no.

I have a few D3 guest passes if anyone would like to play with me.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 10:00:58 am by zenerbufen »

Weaselcake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Where's my update?

I need my Masterworks + wheelbarrows. ;_;

zenfiero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hello!

I've been enjoying this wonderful mod, but ran into a spot of trouble. Where do I go to report bugs? Thanks ahead of time for your help!

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

but ran into a spot of trouble. Where do I go to report bugs? Thanks ahead of time for your help!
You found the place already, right here. Whats wrong?

zenfiero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Woo!

Well I'm happily dwarfing along, trying now to get a book industry going so I can start educating some of my dwarfs with the neat new scriptorium. It's going well enough so far; tannerdwarf is making some bookcovers, presser's making sheets of paper and a dwarf is deeper down making ask for ink.

It's spring, the 14th of Felsite, and Dwarf Fortress crashes! It's been slightly crashy up until now, lost a few months a couple times before, but since I've been saving regularly not I'm not too upset. But this one always happens! I'd managed to save seconds before it all went wrong.

Since the time that I posted I've been systematically testing to see what could be causing the issue. I cancelled everyone's jobs and I seemed to stabilize the game. I narrowed it down (I think, at least) to the dwarf making book covers. I cancelled his job from the Jobs screen and the world continues on! I then reassigned someone else to the job and he finished the job, but something strange happened; he made a chitinplate mining cart! O_o

Then he tried again, and the world ended. I'm guessing that since it seems to be generating random leather somethings, it also randomly generates something which is extremely problematic.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Since the time that I posted I've been systematically testing to see what could be causing the issue. I cancelled everyone's jobs and I seemed to stabilize the game. I narrowed it down (I think, at least) to the dwarf making book covers. I cancelled his job from the Jobs screen and the world continues on! I then reassigned someone else to the job and he finished the job, but something strange happened; he made a chitinplate mining cart! O_o

Then he tried again, and the world ended. I'm guessing that since it seems to be generating random leather somethings, it also randomly generates something which is extremely problematic.

Mh... this sounds like a badly named product. I will check the raws, but my guess is that the product is a tool that does not exist, so he takes a random one. If the random one he picks cant be made from leather (soft) then the game just says: Sorry Dave, I am afraid I cant do that, and leaves. I did replace all custom toys with tools 1 version ago, to give them proper graphics and a better place in the stockpiles, I will just check.

@rest: Still waiting for dfhack. ;) Version is done though.

EDIT: FOUND IT.
ITEM_TOOL_PARCHMENT  <== product in the reaction.txt
ITEM_TOOL_PARCHEMENT <== name of the tool in the tool.txt

You can fix your save by going into the /data/save/regionXYZ/Raw folder and opening reaction_masterwork.txt, find the item_tool:parchment and change the name to parchement. Or change the name in tool_masterwork.txt, same thing. Thanks for the report, and sorry that I messed that up.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 11:50:36 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

zenfiero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mh... this sounds like a badly named product. I will check the raws, but my guess is that the product is a tool that does not exist, so he takes a random one. If the random one he picks cant be made from leather (soft) then the game just says: Sorry Dave, I am afraid I cant do that, and leaves. I did replace all custom toys with tools 1 version ago, to give them proper graphics and a better place in the stockpiles, I will just check.

Awesome, thanks! Without those book covers I won't be getting my scriptoriums up and running, but I still can't wait to try the rest of the features! I'm new to this mod and it's fantastic so far for sure :D

edit: Oh, wow! You're fast :O
Awesome! I'll put that in now, thanks much!

edit2: Haha, it totally worked! Leather bookcovers! Education, here we come!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 11:58:43 am by zenfiero »

Draevos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh gawd, I haven't even tried the education system yet. I've been focusing on the other 50 new systems. Tell me how it goes please :)

Rep

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Often absent
    • View Profile

who really upgrades computers anyways?

You usually have to upgrade everything anyways. New motherboard = new slots. upgrade your cards, memory, new form factor means new case, oh new drives are faster and use new connectors, so your old drives are no good with the new board either. Then does everything even work together? no.

I honestly can't tell if you're being serious.

Draevos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Does Masterwork have a way to chop down wooden furniture, weapons, armor , etc. back into logs? I was just in a situation playing vanilla .34.08 where I needed one stupid log to start my metalworking industry and hadn't dug into the caverns yet. It was during a siege so I couldn't send my dwarves outside, and I had just used up my last log.

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

who really upgrades computers anyways?

You usually have to upgrade everything anyways. New motherboard = new slots. upgrade your cards, memory, new form factor means new case, oh new drives are faster and use new connectors, so your old drives are no good with the new board either. Then does everything even work together? no.

I honestly can't tell if you're being serious.
Honestly I haven't owned anything but laptopsPortable Desktops that burn your man parts if you use them on your lap, since last century.

reilwin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

New motherboard = new slots.

Depends on how long ago it was since you last upgraded your computer. DDR3 memory slots have been out for quite a while now and seem likely to stay for a while longer. Not so familiar with Graphics card slots but I believe those have been standardized and unchanged for a very long time.

new form factor means new case

Form factors are standardized and you can easily find a motherboard to fit the form factor of your current case.

new drives are faster and use new connectors

Only necessary if you want a SSD really since those are the only drives which even come close to making the most of SATA2 and SATA3 connectors. If using a regular hard drive it doesn't matter which you use, you can just choose a motherboard which fits with your current hard drive(s).

irsmert

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Hello fellow Masterwork Mod users! I just downloaded the new version (1.8.1); it seems to hang up on world creation at about year 46... DF just crashes... any advice or files I can upload to make debugging easier? I've tried multiple world gen presets, did a full clean install, and am out of ideas. Masterwork 1.7.2 worked just fine, so I suspect it must be something from 1.8.1?  Thanks for the help.

*Edit: After some SCIENCE!!! it appears that there's some bug with the illithids (sp?). Would DF crash during world gen if all dwarf civilizations were killed off?

Irsmert has been taken by a fey mood and has begun a mysterious construction (got DF working)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 02:53:10 pm by irsmert »
Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 749