Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 277 278 [279] 280 281 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1838144 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution

Why not play till the bitter end? then update :P

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile

Why not play till the bitter end? then update :P

But... the shiny...  :-[
Haha I understand quite well... quite well indeed...

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Toady actually wrote that it is compatible with saves...mostly:) Just try to change raws in save.

Gatallorsith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Since I spent hours learning PerfectWorldDF and since I've just created a hell of an awesome world (with 34.07 MasterworkDF)..the question is: when 34.08 will be out, (how) can I port my world in the new version without causing massive problems?  ??? (just the world, dind't start any fortress yet)

PS: take your time Meph, we'll gladly wait :)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 03:28:22 pm by Gatallorsith »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

You can take the worldgen settings, but not the world... well, you can take the world for the new df 34.08 stuff, most of it at least, but not for the new reactions I'll be adding

EDIT: shiny. Patched Therapist for 34.08
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 03:51:52 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Just a quick question: What do you guys think ?

A custom tileset for the mod, using the same font, you can even see it now in the descriptions, or everywhere with Truetype off (although truetype still looks much better). Ironhand plants, the "globs" lying around the map, mostly turret ammo, now looks like ammo, the chains/barrels have a background floor tile, vermin/demons/spiders look a bit different, minerals, coal and jewels dont stand out so much, the entire thing is based on phoebus, but looks darker. I also made a custom tile for the armor/helmets/boots that I personally prefer to the phoebus solution. The tileset is 24*24.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Draevos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think : Hell yes.

I love Phoebus and I love these changes. I use the Masterwork font and color changes already so this looks awesome.

Draevos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Any way you can remove the 3 wheelbarrow limit to a stockpile for the next release or is that possible? A limit makes no sense :/

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

What limit ? I havent played the version yet. But I dont think that I can mod stockpiles in any way.

Oh, and got a new idea... Custom Artefacts... kind of. See this example:

This is just a test, but I like the concept, since it is well known from other fantasy games, unique, powerful items. I cant really restrict them to one of each, but if I add some of those in the future they will be rather expensive. The tileset does not work quite right though, I somehow mess up the transparency and dont know exactly how to fix it. Will be postponed. Building Guides and Manual are done though, just waiting on dfhack.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 11:38:34 pm by Meph »

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

3 Wheelbarrow limit is hard coded. Each stockpile can only make use of three wheelbarrows at a time, anyone else trying to haul stuff around has to go at normal slow pace. It makes lots of smaller stockpiles more efficient than fewer large stockpiles.

Draevos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Right. I now have to split up my big stone stockpile into 5 smaller ones to get enough dwarves hauling with wheelbarrows. If I want to make changes to the stockpile I have to edit each one. The only thing that the limit does is make me have to make the same changes 5 times instead of once.

Makes no sense. :/

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Talk to Toady. Don't know what his reasoning behind it was. I do know that with the new workshop stockpile changes its a heck of a lot easier to just have a bunch of small specific purpose stockpiles.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile

Leave stone and wood to 0, stone and wood count as heavy hauling and thus wheelbarrows are used automaticlly

FalseDead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Talk to Toady. Don't know what his reasoning behind it was. I do know that with the new workshop stockpile changes its a heck of a lot easier to just have a bunch of small specific purpose stockpiles.

Cause you are supposed to use smaller piles centered around the corresponding/bound workshops
"Ah the Internet; where the men are men, the women are also men, and the little girls are the F.B.I."
Pages: 1 ... 277 278 [279] 280 281 ... 749