Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1838089 times)

SAFry

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Seb
    • View Profile

Meph, I read up on Fortress Defence and it says don't do long histories and that it can be badly unbalanced so I've disabled all the fortress defence races and started again.

Guess I just happened to generate a world where the snake men had a surplus of dragons and liked kicking everyone's assess with them.

reilwin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

About the two handed weapons that cant be used by dwarves: Bollocks. That is simply not true. All twohanded weapons have [MINIMUM_SIZE:52500], and dwarves are usually 60000. So that is good, I even got a report about a demonbound that did dual-wield greataxes, one slademantine, the other iridium-artefactmade. The two-handed:xxxxx simply refers to how big a creature must be to wield them one-handed, and most dwarves cant pull that of usually.

Whoops, my mistake! I must have been looking at the wrong tags.

Sirmaril

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm from Poland, so sorry for my bad english.
    • View Profile

I use phoebius with masterwork color, but without masterwork font. And I think that rbble floor and walls look the same. You can see difference when you smooth them. But it take some time and it scared me at first. So I modded it and now umined rubble shows up in dark grey color not black. The same with Living Stone.

I forgot to upload the picture, so here it is:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

alligabb

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Becomes available for us Mac users?
I also wanted to mention that the Dwarf Therapist that is included with the mod doesn't seem to be working, which has made assigning labors in my 50+ fort quite a chore.
Zenerbufen started with the mac GUI, but I dont think that a realease will be ready soon. The dwarf therapist is definetly working , I use it all the time in test fortresses.
To clarify, this is what happens when I run the included Dwarf Therapist. As the picture shows, Dwarf Fortress is running in the window below it, but it won't connect. However, I have very little experience with Dwarf Therapist on the Mac, so it might just be something I'm doing wrong.
https://picasaweb.google.com/113341626213222229582/DwarfFortressDwarfTherapist?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCJLQnIjqyfSnLg&feat=directlink#5742316804345864498

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

34.08 out with a lot of changes. A lot of work for Meph now - all boulders drop only 25% and all reactions now gove 4 times more toys bars and such to supplement that. And we all need a lot of time to familiarise ourselfes with minecart railguns:)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I will start working on the update this evening, already downloaded and checked the changes, it is not too much, but I will have to multiply some things by 4 in my custom reactions. Otherwise all is good and I am certin that I will be done this evening. I will still have to wait for the therapist by splinterz, mouse fortress and the updated dfhack before I upload anything, so please be patient. I will try to add some bugfixes as well, but otherwise wont  add new features. I hope to find the time for the updated manual as well.

I am now off, to explore the city a bit, made it to mexico city yesterday evening.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

2 things I noted in my fledgling fort:
1. Kobold thieves (and only kobolds) show up wearing two small silk cloaks and carrying a dagger, but they have no bag.
2. Werecreatures seem to pass their curse on instantaneously. Had a werewolf bite a ranger, the ranger immediately turned and killed the werewolf, then went after the rest of my guys, bit someone else, he turned and they fought, this continued until the full moon ended and I locked him in the quarantine room to starve to death.

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Becomes available for us Mac users?
I also wanted to mention that the Dwarf Therapist that is included with the mod doesn't seem to be working, which has made assigning labors in my 50+ fort quite a chore.
Zenerbufen started with the mac GUI, but I dont think that a realease will be ready soon. The dwarf therapist is definetly working , I use it all the time in test fortresses.
To clarify, this is what happens when I run the included Dwarf Therapist. As the picture shows, Dwarf Fortress is running in the window below it, but it won't connect. However, I have very little experience with Dwarf Therapist on the Mac, so it might just be something I'm doing wrong.
https://picasaweb.google.com/113341626213222229582/DwarfFortressDwarfTherapist?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCJLQnIjqyfSnLg&feat=directlink#5742316804345864498

Sorry that is my fault. For some reason Dwarf therapist won't connect to my bundled up version of masterwork dwarf fortress. It will work with the vanilla version of dwarf fortress. Sorry I missed that :( It was working in my older (no longer available) release.

edit:
Found the problem, will have a fixed version (1.8.1 even) uploaded soon.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 11:40:57 am by zenerbufen »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

If you wait till tomorrow you might get a df 34.08 compatible version of masterwork to work with from me. Just saying. ;)

EDIT: Oh, just realized: Can somebody please kill me now ? If I rebalance all the reaction to suit the new amounts of rock... then I have to redo all the building guides as well.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 12:10:44 pm by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

vomov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

EDIT: Oh, just realized: Can somebody please kill me now ? If I rebalance all the reaction to suit the new amounts of rock... then I have to redo all the building guides as well.

I don't envy you, but I do admire your dedication!
But take it easy; a few bugfix-releases are likely to come up in the next couple of weeks.

alligabb

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

If you wait till tomorrow you might get a df 34.08 compatible version of masterwork to work with from me. Just saying. ;)

Just wanted to add something that shows just how awesome this mod is: I actually prefer playing Masterwork Dwarf Fortress without Dwarf Therapist compared to playing Vanilla Dwarf Fortress with Dwarf Therapist! It's just that much more streamlined and playable. Now don't work yourself to death trying to get 34.08 compatible, take a day off to enjoy mexico city, you deserve it!

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just wanted to add something that shows just how awesome this mod is: I actually prefer playing Masterwork Dwarf Fortress without Dwarf Therapist compared to playing Vanilla Dwarf Fortress with Dwarf Therapist! It's just that much more streamlined and playable. Now don't work yourself to death trying to get 34.08 compatible, take a day off to enjoy mexico city, you deserve it!
Now you can have both. 1.8.1 for Mac with working Dwarf Therapist. Now for the bad news, Dwarf Therapist hasn't been updated yet on OS X. Us mac users may not get therapist when we go to 34.08.

*wait wait wait* Ok, uploads done.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Yes, I am most horribly worked to death... being financially independent and all that, horrible life I have :P Oh, and on that note: Got a brilliant message yesterday, I will have company for the 3 months I cycle through the states. Someone was impressed enough to cancel her tour through central america and will fly to san diego and buy a bike, to meet up with me. HA, take that, Planning.

My update for 34.08 is done btw, I will do a little bit of workshop stuff and add the bugfixes, do the guides and manual this evening, and lets hope for Therapist and dfhack tomorrow. :) I like doing productive things ;) I rebalanced the ore and boulde reactions, was a lot less then I thought.

Here the changelog for now:
 - Modded grass, evil grass and good grass for more flavor.
 - Doubled/quadrupled amount of gunpowder made in the ammo mint.
 - Archeologist need 5 stones, instead of 10 for excavation.
 - Arc Furnace now makes 4 bars from one bag of ore-powder.
 - Brick Oven now makes 4 bricks from 1 boulder, or 4 ornamental bricks from 2 boulders.
 - Crucible can now "cold hammer" metals with 1 ore for 2 bars. 50% as effecient as the smelter reaction with fuel.
 - 6 new reactions for the Arc Furnace: Cold hammer" metals. 1 ore for 2 bars. 50% as effecient as the normal reaction.
 - Blast furnace now makes batches of 12 bars, instead of 6, using 3 ore for it.
 - All fuel/coke producing reactions are untouched, because of logic. If everything makes 4 times as much bars, then you need 4 times less coal to make the same amount of bars. And since coal drops only 25% of the times now, this is balanced automatically.
 - Removed "research magic tomes" from tech lab and splitted it into three new reactions.
 - Added 3 new reactions to tech lab: Recreate dwarven rune/grimoire of death/tome of life. 9% sucess chance.
 - Thatchery now makes 4 blocks instead of 1.
 - Changed "distill tears of armok" to "extract water from a tear of armok" which fills a bucket with water, but preserves the tear of armok.
 - 6 new reactions for the transmutation chamber. Transmute the adv. metals.
   - 2 wolfram for titanium and back, 2 mithril to slade and back, 2 cobalt to chrome and back.
 - Rebalanced Craftsdwarf, Stonecutter and Rockforge. You need either less boulders, or get more products.
 - Boneyard now makes 4 blocks from 1 stack of bones.

Sirmaril

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm from Poland, so sorry for my bad english.
    • View Profile

My update for 34.08 is done

GREAT, I was working my ass off for whole week and ten years in game to make this beautiful fort and a update came out and I need to start once again. FML.

Draevos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My update for 34.08 is done

GREAT, I was working my ass off for whole week and ten years in game to make this beautiful fort and a update came out and I need to start once again. FML.

That's seems to be how all my fortresses end: not with a bang or a whimper, but with an "Oh look! new shiny version!"
Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 749