Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1838065 times)

allison

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

About the superpowered sauropods, I think I've narrowed it down a bit... when a group of them wanders onto the map randomly, they can be killed normally except for the last one, which suddenly gains super speed (outruns fastdwarf'd soldiers) and nearly all attacks just "pass right through it"

[edit] sorry, not true - superpowers seem to be granted randomly within a group, just found two superpowered ones in a group of five - managed to propel one into a wall and blow it apart though

[POPULATION_NUMBER:30000:30000][UBIQUITOUS]9:15][CLUSTER_NUMBER:3:5][FREQUENCY:100]1][DIFFICULTY:3]

I see some mismatched brackets, could this be causing the problem? Haven't tried fixing it in my save yet though.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 09:38:23 am by allison »

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile

Allison:
Those are there because in making everything have near infinite population and making the game display as many different creatures as it can, Meph seems to have done a Find/Replace on all the POPULATION_NUMBER and FREQUENCY tags.  The original values are the ones that are unbracketed.

Look back a few pages and I have a regex string that can undo those if you want, but ultimately it doesn't change much except you would then be able to depopulate a region of a specific animal.
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Yes, I did a find and replace. The half-open brackets are ok and dont cause any problem, I just wanted to keep the original numbers for population and frequency.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

alligabb

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Thank you Meph! This mod has made my DF experience so much more enjoyable and fun!

I have but one question: How far off would you say the GUI update is for Mac, so that this:

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-ZRvU05nvdlc/Tx4sZkynC6I/AAAAAAAAJ8M/4NFcs7dSZSw/s640/preview.PNG

Becomes available for us Mac users?

I also wanted to mention that the Dwarf Therapist that is included with the mod doesn't seem to be working, which has made assigning labors in my 50+ fort quite a chore.

allison

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, I did a find and replace. The half-open brackets are ok and dont cause any problem, I just wanted to keep the original numbers for population and frequency.

I see, thanks Jeoshua and Meph :)
Hmm, I think I have it...

[BODY_SIZE:5:0:3000000000]

That's three billion, greater than INT_MAX (2147483647) - just a programmer's hunch, I suspect it's wrapping around and turning negative. I'll change it to 1 billion and see if it's fixed
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 10:48:33 am by allison »

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile

Curses! I embark on a beautiful good-natured biome, perfectly flat, nice river, and obsidian as a layer.
Within seconds, my entire embark group caught a disease. Luckily for me, it was only the type that causes blood being coughed out and fevers.

EDIT: I have an axedwarf who has slain two vampire lords. Now that is a badass.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 04:11:22 pm by GaxkangtheUnbound »
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

FalseDead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So will we ever be able to make Firearms and munitions out of materials other than steel?

Cause I have Small Slademantine industry in one game and Large amounts of untapped Mithril in another

I kinda want to arm my "Elite" Soldiers with full Slademantine Equip including Bayonet Rifles and Bullets

"Ah the Internet; where the men are men, the women are also men, and the little girls are the F.B.I."

Sirmaril

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm from Poland, so sorry for my bad english.
    • View Profile

I found that Living Stone and rubble have the same color floor and wall whic make it pretty difficult to tell if it's mined or it's floor, you can tell the difference only when smoothed or engraved. I needed to chang color for rubble so I can see clearly if it's mined out or not.

SAFry

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Seb
    • View Profile

I really like this mod, I don't want to play without it but am I missing something? I managed to make a nice big world, 300 years old (anything else crashes on finalisation) and started a game...

Got about 3 years in and fought off a couple sieges then suddenly Raptomen show up with 10 war dragons and kick my ass.

So, started a different embark, miles away from the raptomen and 3 years later, 10 war dragons fly down the volcano and rip up my fort!

Is this mod all about war dragons kicking your ass?

*edit* actually I think they must have been serpent men, nagas, snakes and such. If that's an easy race I'm way out of my league. I've lost 2 dwafts, had less then 50 migrants. I don't have a chance of defending against 10 flying building destroyers 
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 03:41:13 pm by SAFry »

Riun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have a lot of trouble concerning wards - i had a pretty early plague in my fort (the one causing fever).
I was not able to outfit a ward against it for pretty long. After trading 2 more wards i was able to outfit one against rage (hulk?) and one against black death. After one or 2 seasons, they transformed back and ever since (~5 seasons) i was not able to outfit them again.
One of my two embark wards vanished and is found under missing in the unit tab.

in the job manager (j-m) i found a way to make obsidian from stone  - in the changelog i found this reaction to be related to the magma factory (which doesnt exist anymore). Any other ways to generate obsidian without pumping lava/water?  I really want that stonebound dwarfs :D

Do Magic castes change their description? i have a druid training in the fountain for 1 year now, just want to know if i can see when he transforms.

My 3 automaton ambushes all did not have/use any weapon attacks. Sharpshooters and stuff all going full melee.

New invader race: Ork-elves. Female elves getting abducted and...convinced to mate with orks. Outcast race with strong/agile attributes but not accepted by either orcs or elves.

I REALLY love the magic buildings, they are looking great. Price to built is pretty low i think. The necessary iron i can melt in second summer (aka as soon as i get huge migrant wave). Mats for Philo stone can be demanded from caravan. If i dont order them, its REALLY hard, way harder then the bone/iron requirements though. Furthermore, where can i research the untranslated dwarfen rune and alike? tech research lab, but which reaction?

Training in Magic buildings is really fast too - from 0 to 7 in about 3 seasons, getting only faster now.

Great update all in all:)

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile

On Future of the Mod:

Overwhelmingly, I see the need for polishing what is already there.  You have a great mod going here, and it's just getting a bit hairy with all the nifty added things.  So what I suggest is more of 1.8.1's tweaks and improvements, coupled with a cleanup of the behind-the-scenes issues in the raws.  From there, once you complete it, it will not only work better (as you WILL find some issues when you start looking), but it will also be much easier and more likely that this mod will see a very nice 2.0
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Becomes available for us Mac users?
I also wanted to mention that the Dwarf Therapist that is included with the mod doesn't seem to be working, which has made assigning labors in my 50+ fort quite a chore.
Zenerbufen started with the mac GUI, but I dont think that a realease will be ready soon. The dwarf therapist is definetly working , I use it all the time in test fortresses.

[BODY_SIZE:5:0:3000000000]
Yep, I tweaked this down by 00, and will do some arena testing. It is the only thing that did spring to mind when I looked at the raws.

@falsedead: Will be done in the next part of the workshop overhaul. I chose steel because it is rather high-tech, and the ranged damage is the same for copper, steel or adamantine rifles. Just wanted to avoid that people build cheap stuff that is overpowered.

@sirmaril: In which tileset ? In phoebus they dont look like floor much, at least to me. But I noted it down, just give a little bit more info please.

@riun: Wards will be overhauled, they are a test. Seems that quite a few people cant use them properly, and I myself havent got the opportunity to test them in a real diseases outbreak in a big fortress. I think I will instead transform dwarves, and use the wards only for the temple and the secret enemies that come along. Magic casters do have a new description, yes. You should also get the "has transformed into a name-dwarf"

Automatons are dumb bastards, why dont they produce their stupid guns. Humans do, I know their guards carry them. Have to revisit the automaton raws again then, thanks for the report. :) Orc-Elves are a bit... normal. I personally thought about Goblins<Orcs<Ogres, but again, too normal. Well see what it will be in the end. In the techlab you have: Research magic tomes, that gives a low chance for any of the three "books"

@jeoshua: I do agree. The manual is quite outdated, and many things could be made... nicer. I will focus on that, and the Vanilla-DF upgrade when it is released.

EDIT: About the war dragons: The enemy shouldnt have those, and as far as I know, all the races I did write dont. I cannot vouch for FortressDefense races, and since you speak of snakemen or nagas, I do assume that you enabled those ? I will try to solve this, but it is difficult to allow these creatures to elves, but not the any other race that uses any_pet_race. Testing is slow as well, I hope I can solve this in future. It is of course no fun having a giant siege with dragons or plaguebearers.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 06:58:55 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Riun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright, thanks for the reply! good luck with the automatons then ;)

Sirmaril

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm from Poland, so sorry for my bad english.
    • View Profile

I use phoebius with masterwork color, but without masterwork font. And I think that rbble floor and walls look the same. You can see difference when you smooth them. But it take some time and it scared me at first. So I modded it and now umined rubble shows up in dark grey color not black. The same with Living Stone.

Draevos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Magmamancers:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hell yes.

However, soon after that my magmamancer started flashing with an injury. I checked and it said his chest was melting! What? He died several seconds later but no explosion... What killed him? I thought they were immune to their own fire. He was wearing full steel armor.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 01:22:29 pm by Draevos »
Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 749