Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1838016 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

@siegeops: thanks, the hotkey will be changed then. The blast furnace already smelts batches of ore... or do you mean: "Smelt a batch of 6 ore" that will accept any ore and give the fitting bar in the end ?

@azrael300: Were did you read that ?  The only weave magic I can find is in the warlock witch, it would cause:
            [CE_FEVER:SEV:100:PROB:100:START:50:PEAK:403200:END:12000]
            [CE_NAUSEA:SEV:100:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:START:50:PEAK:50:END:12000]
            [CE_DIZZINESS:SEV:100:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:START:50:PEAK:6000:END:12000]
            [CE_PAIN:SEV:500:PROB:100:START:50:PEAK:500:END:12000]
            [CE_COUGH_BLOOD:SEV:1000:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:START:5:PEAK:100:END:1200]

@shoesandhats: Ah, well, I wouldnt know about any cheat reaction anywhere, certainly not the disabled one in the still I use for testing...
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

azrael300

• Bay Watcher
  • WERE GOING TO LIVE :)
    • View Profile

@siegeops: thanks, the hotkey will be changed then. The blast furnace already smelts batches of ore... or do you mean: "Smelt a batch of 6 ore" that will accept any ore and give the fitting bar in the end ?

@azrael300: Were did you read that ?  The only weave magic I can find is in the warlock witch, it would cause:

@shoesandhats: Ah, well, I wouldnt know about any cheat reaction anywhere, certainly not the disabled one in the still I use for testing...
guess what ..... im a warlock witch
(Of fever pain coughblood dizziness and nausea)
oh and i also found it in warlord mad scourcerEr?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 01:08:40 am by azrael300 »
Edit. Oh Jesus Christ, Necro would be proud. The second horse in the caravan came in and immediately caught on fire. I looked into his inventory and found a burning pig tail fiber bag. Curious, I looked inside.
quote above is by yuriruler90

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile

If such a cheat were to hypothetically exist, how would one activate it?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Ah, and still you persist. Send you a PM.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If other people have nice screens, please feel free to post them. :)
If you insist.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's still not finished yet.

More/better Invaders, has allot of votes... If you add more invaders, you should add ALIENS!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 12:59:08 am by zenerbufen »

Sirmaril

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm from Poland, so sorry for my bad english.
    • View Profile

Ah, and still you persist. Send you a PM.

I find them too in entity_default.txt but it only give me the option to enable or disable them. What do they do? Of course it's a highly hypotetical question, because we know that these cheats don't exist.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are flesh-men suppose to be everywhere I go? Its irritating having them hanging around my wagon, bugging my women!
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

The_Final_Stand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Could I mention what appears to be a bug?
Beings don't appear to aim for vulnerable parts like the head after rendering their foes unconscious anymore, something I'm fairly sure happens in vanilla DF.

I first found this when my meager military got into close combat with some goblin archers and proceeded to not mash the head in, losing entire limbs to wayward shots, and verified this when testing Steel equipment of Armok Vs otherwise equivalent. (Armok gear won with no casualties.) The vast majority of kills were "Dwarf X has bled to death" rather than "Dwarf X had been struck down". Looking through the reports, a dwarf would fall unconscious and then get beat on for a long while until they bled out. The few "struck down" reports seem to be unrelated to decapitation or jamming the skull through the brain, tearing the brain.

Is this intentional?

Sirmaril

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm from Poland, so sorry for my bad english.
    • View Profile

About the poll.

I like the idea of updated manuals and I think that it would be superb if you did workshop guide like this for the MW workshops like chemistry and so:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

starsfire

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Anyone have a link for 1.8.1? I can't download it from the original site. It disconnects me after about 5-10 minutes.
Thanks!

SeigeOps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Meph
While that would be a nice feature for the lazy smelters, I was actually mistaken when looking at the blast furnace reactions as I'm still used to the old way of looking for the ore in the smelting menu rather than the product (I also need to stop posting in the dead of the night).

So instead I'll fall back on an older request of mine.
Do you think its possible to be able to upgrade bullet turrets to shoot out other metals like: say brass, iron, steel, etc? Maybe as a permanent transformation similar to armoring pets?
I only ask this because I really like the idea of clockwork turrets and I am somewhat saddened that they are less than effective against anything that has a hint of armor (at least until I get to the slade version).
I guess what I'm asking is that there be a more gradual change between 'useful for only harassing wildlife and thieves' (copper) and 'Boom Headshot' (slade).

(Of course this request hinges upon the assumption that the globs that the turrets fire out are affected significantly by their metal composition. If there is no appreciable difference then please ignore me. I'd test it out myself, but my modding skills are non-appreciable.)

Edit: Also could you make it so that we can turn fungiwood into scrapwood?

Edit Edit: Are Stone Decoys supposed to be blind even though they have the observer skill?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 07:29:32 am by SeigeOps »

Gatallorsith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A few questions before my first try :)

1- Harder farming enables grazing..how much is needed, compared to the default DF? I'd like grazing to be enabled, btw :)

2- Am I wrong, or adamantine is now good even for blunt weapons? (I'm no expert but I think in default DF you could have good blunt weapons with copper, silver, iron, or steel alike)

3- Clothes: I'm not sure I've understood: clothes still wear out (cloth ones) but I have to make only 4 of them (to avoid bad thoughts)? I mean shirts, pants, shoes and caps.

4- Doctors: what skill do they train when making soap\wards\...?

5- Prayer: have you done\Can you do something for the "health" interface? I hate that thing more than everything else :\ (or maybe there's an easier way to find\check wounded dwarves I do not know)

I have to say I already love this mod even before trying it. The new font alone caused me a virtual orgasm :D

MiamiBryce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Meph, all this sweet/sick evil stuff you're adding really makes me want to play Drow, screw Dwarves they're too nice.

Rep

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Often absent
    • View Profile

About the stairs: Remove ramps will also change up/down stairs to downstairs. And with multi-z-lvl designations that did happen to me quite often when it was introduced as well. Great wtf moment.

Hey I just said that couple of post ago. And I must say that I was really suprised when it happened to me and I began to wonder why dwarfs don't do they job and die of thirst/hunger.

Thanks. But I'm fairly sure I'm not mistaken.

On two of the three occasions the up/down stairs were deep underground, far removed from any incidents of accidental landscaping. Furthermore, one pre-vanish save had no landscaping designations, and possibly no active miners, either. I haven't been able to recreate this, though. It's weird because on the one hand I wonder what Meph could possibly have changed with stairs (nothing) and yet on the other I look back over three years of problem-free vanilla -- including a month of multi-level 34.07 designations -- versus two weeks of using the MW mod where this oddness has occurred approximately once per fortress and I wonder what's up.

But since all I can do is give you my word, and since nobody else seems to be having this issue, I'll just shrug my shoulders and bid you adieu, gentlemen.

Yup. Right after I stuff my pockets with condiment sachets. You don't need those.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

@rep: Well, I guess if this is something mod related, then I just have to wait till other people report it. With that amount of players it should not take long.

@miamabryce: See it that way: Now your dwarves can be evil too. :)

1- Harder farming enables grazing..how much is needed, compared to the default DF? I'd like grazing to be enabled, btw

2- Am I wrong, or adamantine is now good even for blunt weapons? (I'm no expert but I think in default DF you could have good blunt weapons with copper, silver, iron, or steel alike)

3- Clothes: I'm not sure I've understood: clothes still wear out (cloth ones) but I have to make only 4 of them (to avoid bad thoughts)? I mean shirts, pants, shoes and caps.

4- Doctors: what skill do they train when making soap\wards\...?

5- Prayer: have you done\Can you do something for the "health" interface? I hate that thing more than everything else :\ (or maybe there's an easier way to find\check wounded dwarves I do not know)

I have to say I already love this mod even before trying it. The new font alone caused me a virtual orgasm
Farming: 2*2 area for each animal. Candy is still horrible for blunt weapons, try slade. Clothes still wear out (if I remove the attribute that makes them wear out, they are not counted as clothes anymore) but you only need Shirt, Pants and 2 shoes. Caps are optional ;) The Apotecarius uses any medical skill, so they train a random one. I cant change the health interface...

Do you think its possible to be able to upgrade bullet turrets to shoot out other metals like: say brass, iron, steel, etc? Maybe as a permanent transformation similar to armoring pets?

Edit: Also could you make it so that we can turn fungiwood into scrapwood?

Edit Edit: Are Stone Decoys supposed to be blind even though they have the observer skill?
Bullet Turrets: Yes and No. Yes I can do it, No it wouldnt have a big effect. The only thing that counts is density, and that not much. Almost all the blunt weapons are the same ingame, if you make them from silver, steel, bronze or iron, doesnt change much. Same with the bullets. I chose one Metal (Copper) randomly and slade for the better version. I can make ten others, but they would be similar in use then the copper one.

Each wood should have different uses. You cut up wood = scrap wood, you cut up fungiwood = fungi. I dont want to have both do the same, and this way you need above ground treefarms for one, and underground treefarms for the other. Balancing. :)

Stone Decoys are supposed to be blind, so they dont run to/from the enemy, this way before the IMMOBILE tag existed. It does not matter anymore, but then again, what should they do with eyesight ? They cant move anyway. I think ambushes are revealed be proximity, not be being seen, but I will enable it back for them, just to make sure.
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 749