Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 273 274 [275] 276 277 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1838086 times)

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile

I love your raw organization Meph it got to be the best I've seen, It make the editing so much easier
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

the to do list is looking promising, Meph.  Wish I had some more Ideas off the top of my head to toss your way

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

EDIT: oh, and for those who care: MY TO DO LIST

Bless dwarves with NOT_LIVING, to avoid their corpses being reanimated.
Wouldn't that affect childbirth, lifespan and things like that?
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I love your raw organization Meph it got to be the best I've seen, It make the editing so much easier
Is this sarcasm ? I know I did sort them once, but that was... 7 versions ago, they are a mess by now.

Out of curiosity, do clothes from silver/gold/iridium succumb to worn?
That is an interesting question. I unfortunatly cannot answer it, since I havent played extensivly since 34.

Bloodsteel and Ironbone could indeed be replaced with steel and iron, the same I do with ironbark and steeloak. But elves still have their steeloak-wood armor and weapons, and I want drow to have the evil materials. They should pose an alternative. If they were only parts of the boneyard, yes, I would make them optional, but since the drow use them as well I do intent to keep them in the game. I will work on reducing flavor items a bit and make them optional though.

@cheating chicken: Yes, indeed it does help. These will all be fixed for the next release, thanks a lot. :)

About sauropods: I can post the raws for them, but I dont see anything wrong with it one a first glance. So, here you go, have fun with it. There is not even a speed value assigned, so they should have the default value of 1000.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Wiki says: NOT_LIVING : Cannot be raised from the dead. I dont think it affects anything else but the tag Fit for reanimation, the rest it ignores. Opposed to life... now that is one I wouldnt want my dwarves to have.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution

- Add more "secret" dwarves, possibly harmless ones, to cause paranoia.
Ha love the "She's a Witch burn her!" fact :P might make those spies,bloodbeast, etc harder to find

NOT_LIVING
AFAIK
doesn't affect Childbirth I can confim that with my automations from
Spoiler: off topic (click to show/hide)
As for Lifespan, I think MAXAGE still has hold in that field (never tested, as my inorganic creatures don't have lifespans other hen horrible dismemberment)

Gatallorsith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just passing by to say I like the work you've done A LOT, especially how you made the actual DF better by optimising here and there (that's exactly what this game needed and still needs :))
I'm still in the "documenting phase" so I'll comment on the actual playthrough later. In the meantime, all my thumbs up.

PS: Isn't DFhack compatible?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 07:11:17 pm by Gatallorsith »

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Gatall, it has DFhack built in.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Gatallorsith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

XD ah wonderful, just like the newb pack. Have yet to click on "play" :D

jesusmod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

From what I've seen so far, making a hunter a magmamancer at the Hall always means the end of a fort. It always ends with dragonfire coated corpses being hauled from the lvl 3 caverns being prepared for consumption by melting dwarves. It ends badly for everyone. Also, I checked the raws on that dragonfire and holy shit, fixed temp at 90,000?! I know that attack's supposed to be devastating, but isn't it a bit overkill if everytime that magmamancer can't break the grip of a giant cockroach's pincer on his left ear, he has to kill every living thing on the 3x3 map area he's on? Because that dragonfire DUPLICATES in water... :o

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

@jesusmod: Well, they need a negative side, otherwise mages are too overpowered. ;) But I did not know that dragonfire would stay in water, it should evaporade, and not leave pools/splatters. But yeah, these guys are highly unstable, but I did mention that now and then.

@gatallorsith: The code of my GUI is based on the Lazy Newb Pack, it is no wonder it looks alike.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Odd, my problem has dissipated in newer versions, maybe my CPU just couldnt handle it.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Good to hear that.

I just updated the first post a bit, made it look nicer and added some new screenshots. If other people have nice screens, please feel free to post them. :) I also added the to-do list next to the changelog at the bottom, and made a new poll, since most people voted for: Oh, now I am sad... its your own fault :P

SeigeOps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just a minor thing, the hot keys for building a fountain and placing a totem are the same (alt+o). Hardly worth noting, but I just wanted to get it out there. Also a request: can we have blast furnaces also batch smelt ores? Or is that too much?

In other news I was previously drowning in mastiffs and peckts(sp?). Had to cage them all and sell em to the next caravan. Got me ~14000 db's and 20 fps in exchange.

azrael300

• Bay Watcher
  • WERE GOING TO LIVE :)
    • View Profile

what does weave magic mean?
Edit. Oh Jesus Christ, Necro would be proud. The second horse in the caravan came in and immediately caught on fire. I looked into his inventory and found a burning pig tail fiber bag. Curious, I looked inside.
quote above is by yuriruler90

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile

I notice that in the raws (I forget where) it has a cheat section. How do you activate it?
Pages: 1 ... 273 274 [275] 276 277 ... 749