Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1837722 times)

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile

Out of curiousity, how do you make turrets and landmines and the such?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution

Out of curiousity, how do you make turrets and landmines and the such?
Creatures with IMMOBILE tag so they can't move, and use interactions to attack. I helped Meph build his Landmines, turrents are pretty easy. just have a look here at some of the "Inorganic" creations I am making.

Plus I might have to fix Meph's golems, that code is upsidedown and shuffled

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am finding it almost impossible to gen a new world due to crashes.  I am using the Garden of Gaia map but have crashes on the other ones as well while testing this.  If it helps, I have Win 7 64bit with 16GB Ram.  Currently 13GB Available, 9.5GB Free.  I do not have this issue with 1.7.2 or any previous version of MW. 

Edit:  Research!  I just genned 10 worlds without a crash.  To do so I simply switched from Ironhand back to Phoebus.  It appears there is some issue with the Ironhand graphics in MW.  Maybe it uses more memory?
Same problem Win 7 64bit with 4GB Ram.

Fixed by going ASCII no Truetype and switching back after gen.

This would explain why I had to make my world so big to get it to crash while others didn't. I was using true-type off/phobeus.

Sorry to be this guy, but I was experiencing my crashes with Truetype off and the Phoebus tileset, though I did use the Phoebus editor to change the skeletal remains, water, and font to Guybrush.  I used to prefer Ironhand honestly till I got used to using Phoebus with earlier versions of Masterwork, and the Ironhand sets look to dark to me now.  Also, I prefer the Guybrush font, just seems more videogamey to me, like original Dragon Warrior/Dragonquest like.  :P

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thatchery, Why does it use Woodworking???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

lewtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

MWDF 1.8    ...what am I missing...  I see no plump helmets or plump helmet spawn for embarking items... 

Is the world just void of plump helmets by some rare random chance?  Could make this world interesting...

masquerine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

MWDF 1.8    ...what am I missing...  I see no plump helmets or plump helmet spawn for embarking items... 

Is the world just void of plump helmets by some rare random chance?  Could make this world interesting...
That sometimes happens with worldgen. The homeciv that you chose (if you have access to multiple) didn't have access to plump helmets, so you were unable to embark with them. It can happen with other plants and things too, just random when it does. You can get by without plump helmets easy enough, just plant extra pigtails and brew some. Little more tricky when you don't have access to pigtails but have plump helmets instead.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

@Jeoshua: nice report, but unfortunately mostly wrong. the frequency and ubiquitous tags have nothing to do with the biomes, and the creature_mat:animal is needed for the standardized materials.

@pan: wiki is very outdated in parts. Golems wont flee, and can be made milita captians to be ordered around. they do take kill orders as well.

@different embark races: Is in my to do list... at the very end of the end, somewhere in a dark corner. A very deep one at that. With a locked hatch.

@crashes at worldgen: Is anyone having those with the default settings ? With the included 6 pre-set worlds, with 65*65 tiles ? Or do you guys try to do standard worldgen with large/very large worlds ?

@neyvn: Wow, weird errorlog, this is definetly not from me. Never modded anything on the keybindings. And what other skill should thatchery use ? mh... now that you mention it, plant processing would fit...

@tierre: humans dont have pets, dwarves cant use pet_exotics, and elves and drow have the warbeasts. The frequency is [FREQUENCY:10] so they appear rarely in the wild. Could be [FREQUENCY:0] to have no wild versions at all, and would still work for trading, but I want people to run into them at some point.  dwarves use common_domestic and cavern animals, those cant be used by elves/drow. :) But I think there is a slight problem with turrets being aviable to elves (?) currently... testing this is slow, needs all diplomats to come by.

@riun: did you check the stone stocks screen to see of diorite was set economic ?

@morwaul: thanks for the heads up on ironhand crashes at worldgen. I only test default settings with phoebus, so I will double check all the changes between ironhand and phoebus. Damn, now I have to do three sets of raws. ^^

@bigD145: The png. name is always phoebus, so I dont have to meddle with the init.txt the actual tileset in it changes.

@empfan: You cant  make them, only buy them from caravans.

@hugo: The golems raws are not messy, they are beautiful :) Modern Art I call it. Freedom of Speech I call it. Dont you dare to question art. :P

FUTURE OF THE MOD

I did play a little testfort myself, made 1,5 years so far. Many issues caught my eye, mostly the damn elves trying to sell my turrets. Turrets, but not landmines. Both creatures have the same biome/pet tags... this is impossible, damn these elves.

I also worked more on the workshop overhaul.
 - Stonegrinder is gone.
 - Magma-safe workshop is gone.
 - Magma Factory is gone.
 - These three and the Stonecutter are merged to the new Stonecutter & Rockforge.
 - Craftsdwarf can make specific instruments, toys and crafts now. Good for mandates/demands.
 - Rockforge can make all weapons out of stone.
 - Gemworkshop can make all weapons out of gem, can decorate a specific weapon with gems.
 - Storage unit can open 22 crate types more. Slade from drow, handcannons from humans, hellwood from elves...

Currently working on:
Boneyard

Boneyard will have:
bone furniture
bone weapons (is there a want for this ??)
bone armor (the parts that the craftsdwarf wont do)
"bone to flux" reaction
making of bloodsteel and ironbone (steel and iron-like metals, known from drow already)
bone blocks for constructions
bone mechanisms/quern/millstone

FULL CHANGELOG
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Some new designs (woodcarver not planned right now)

AND WOW, how in gods name do you get crashes at worldgen again ? I will test some ironhand worldgens now, but really I never, ever, ever, ever had a single on, from V.01 till 1.8. Ever. And I have a netbook, not a fancy gaming pc. But then again I only test with the default settings...

Noted down all the rest, nothing serious really. A bit sad that these world-gen crash reports overshadow the rest.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can't gen any world that goes longer then 20 years...

ALSO, seems that being able to build Walls or such out of Thatch bundles would be cool, at least so I can make Thatched Roofs for my Houses. I play mostly Aboveground. Last Fort died due to ONE Raashaka (or what ever that Tiger Headed Wizard Monster is) inflating all my Dwarves in one go...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

-snip-

@crashes at worldgen: Is anyone having those with the default settings ? With the included 6 pre-set worlds, with 65*65 tiles ? Or do you guys try to do standard worldgen with large/very large worlds ?

-snip-
Mine have been using any tileset besides ASCII with Truetype OFF
Crashes with phoebus were on Garden of Gaia.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 08:14:12 pm by Urist McBeanie »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution

Ok Meph, It's not a mess. But I wasn't one with love for modern art :P But I guess it works, in some sick twisted way it can drag it's horriblly assembled body through the raws :P

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@crashes at worldgen

Most of my crashes were with large island advanced option, as that was my control when testing, but when I first downloaded and started crashing, I also tried the Garden of Gaia preset gen a couple of times with the hopes of "tricking" the program to generate one world successfully and maybe doing so with the rest, but experienced crashes trying to generate GoG as well.

Wouldn't say my computer is a beast gaming computer by anymeans...It's a Dell Studio xps 1640 laptop...but it IS a maxxed out one.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@bigD145: The png. name is always phoebus, so I dont have to meddle with the init.txt the actual tileset in it changes.

Ah, I see.

No crashes from several vanilla medium worlds without island settings.

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Been crashing for me too during the history portion of worldgen if I use Phoebus and/or TrueType on.

Generating the world in ASCII+ and TrueType off allows it to be made with no problems, then you can turn those options back on, so annoying but not game breaking, for me anyway.

Morwaul

• Bay Watcher
  • ..............boo
    • View Profile

@ Crashes

I have done some further testing with the crashing.  I am using Garden of Gaia for all tests.

I can gen 15 to 20 world in succession (gen, allow to complete, abort, repeat) with Phoebus before getting a crash.  Once it crashes it will continue to crash until I reboot.  With Ironhand I can gen 1 to 3 worlds before crash and again, once it crashes it will continue until reboot or switch to Phoebus.

Also, I noticed that when I switch from Phoebus to Ironhand it changes my Materials Options.  I play with all Simple set to YES and More Food types set to YES with all other More options set to NO.  Switching to Ironhand set Simple Gems, Soil, and Stones to NO and More trees, plants, and food to YES.  I am not sure if this has anything to do with anything but leaving it as is or changing it back does not seem to affect the crashing.

DVNO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

friendly reminder A new version of Fortress Defense came out
Al mondo mal non e senza rimedio

Reach me via Bitmessage ~ BM-2DC7sWixk2iSKThdX9thhyrxWBeWRXUEv9
Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 749