Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1837716 times)

Dwarf_Fever

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Heh, I assumed the edible concubines were a bug, I don't think it makes any sense dwarves would eat other dwarves, but whatevs.

On a related note, I also noticed my kennels no longer have the option to train war dogs. What gives?

Figured this one out. However, all of my kids apparently refuse to put on pants and inevitable go insane from the shame.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 09:37:23 am by Dwarf_Fever »
"Whatever exists, having somehow come into being, is again and again reinterpreted to new ends, taken over, transformed, and redirected by some power superior to it; all events in the organic world are a subduing, a becoming master, and all subduing and becoming master involves a fresh interpretation, an adaptation through which any previous 'meaning' and 'purpose' are necessarily obscured or obliterated."

Srial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright, I can't figure out this kinda masterwork related stockpile question.

What do I need to set up in a stockpile so bags of slade powder are stored there?  I can't find a way to define powders or anything like that.   The round trip from the magma arc furnace to the generic furniture stockpile they're putting them in now is driving me crazy.   Making slade bars is taking forever as the dwarves travel 130 z levels each way to drop them off, then pick them up for bad making.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Concubines do not appear to be off by default. The subtext says it should be and you're a sick person for turning it on.

Riun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

First Post in these forums, just wanted to tell you how awesome Masterwork is. Thanks for doing this, meph.

Furthermore, i have (had, 1.7.2) a problem with the magma safe workshop/magma safe blocks.
As far as I understood, diorite should be a magmasafe/non-economic stone, yet neither the magma safe workshop accepted them (neither when assigned through manager, nor when stockpiled directly next to the workshop), nor did blocks made from a mason count for building the tech research lab. (copper blocks didnt work either).

In best regards, Riun.

Bodyless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

do the concubines make children with all dwarfs or only with other concubines?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution

do the concubines make children with all dwarfs or only with other concubines?
All MALE dwarves will breed with the Concubines, Right now I'm doing a playthrough. Currently I'm looking at golems for meph, His raws for them are... hap-hazared and in dire need of re-organization. So far I embarked wit 6 concubines and 1 went mad when one of my miners died from a large beetle (darn those buggers (no pun intended))

One thing of interest concubines have all peasent labors enabled (hauling, caring for wounded, gathering wounded, and cleaning)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Group Name: The Medical Night of Torching.

Because, you know, it's the only way to be sure you've stopped the plague.

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If it's happening at 1gig of memory usage then it's crashing before using all available resources.  Like I said, I have an 64bit Windows 7 machine with more than enough ram for Large Address Aware.

Thats the odd thing about it. Even as a non LAA app, it should be able to access 2 gigs. For what it's worth I'm running 64bit as well. Maybe the world generator is coded to only sets aside 1 gig? Without access to the source, or toady we will never know for sure :(

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution

Odd... I can now assign my stray concubines to the army

This has potential.

Morwaul

• Bay Watcher
  • ..............boo
    • View Profile

I am finding it almost impossible to gen a new world due to crashes.  I am using the Garden of Gaia map but have crashes on the other ones as well while testing this.  If it helps, I have Win 7 64bit with 16GB Ram.  Currently 13GB Available, 9.5GB Free.  I do not have this issue with 1.7.2 or any previous version of MW. 

Edit:  Research!  I just genned 10 worlds without a crash.  To do so I simply switched from Ironhand back to Phoebus.  It appears there is some issue with the Ironhand graphics in MW.  Maybe it uses more memory?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 02:58:05 pm by Morwaul »

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am finding it almost impossible to gen a new world due to crashes.  I am using the Garden of Gaia map but have crashes on the other ones as well while testing this.  If it helps, I have Win 7 64bit with 16GB Ram.  Currently 13GB Available, 9.5GB Free.  I do not have this issue with 1.7.2 or any previous version of MW. 

Edit:  Research!  I just genned 10 worlds without a crash.  To do so I simply switched from Ironhand back to Phoebus.  It appears there is some issue with the Ironhand graphics in MW.  Maybe it uses more memory?
Same problem Win 7 64bit with 4GB Ram.

Fixed by going ASCII no Truetype and switching back after gen.

Arek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For some reason, i cant boil eggs even when they are in a barrel two tiles from kitchen.
At the same time, i cant cook them either, they don't even appear on kitchen cook/brew screen, as if they were not recognized as possible food source.
This will be troublesome, since i embarked on glacier and planned to make them my main food source.

Anyone encountered same problem or know how to fix this?

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile

There is an issue with the settings, or with the Automatons, I think.

RawExplorer opens up the Masterwork DF mod just fine.  However, if one switches off the Automatons, RawExplorer will crash.  Somewhere in the changes that are made for them, there is a syntax error introduced that is being evaluated incorrectly.  I'm not sure if this crops up in-game, but if it doesn't fit the expected syntax it could very well be a problem in-game as well.
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Same problem Win 7 64bit with 4GB Ram.

Fixed by going ASCII no Truetype and switching back after gen.

This would explain why I had to make my world so big to get it to crash while others didn't. I was using true-type off/phobeus.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

When I changed to Ironhand, which I far prefer over Phoebus, and went into the init editor Phoebus was still the active tileset. Something is not working right. I manually changed to Ironhand.
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 749