Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1837527 times)

Xen0n

• Bay Watcher
  • Took joy in ‼SCIENCE‼ lately.
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.7.2 - I am online, juhu
« Reply #3840 on: May 03, 2012, 05:44:04 pm »

@Xen0n: That would be difficult, because those are massive changes in all raw files, more or less. I use dummy plants, trees and animals with a common name and redirect all other materials through them. Inorganics I reduce to a lower amount...

Thanks for the reply!  I'll just keep my fingers crossed for that potential 'FPS DF' mod ;)  Looking over the mod proper though I may get it as is and play around; it looks quite impressive!  Do you happen to know whether the method of raw altering that the old Dwarf Fortress Mod Manager used could be used to integrate other minor mods into this, or is it such a total conversion mod that it isn't easily modified?

barkalot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3841 on: May 03, 2012, 06:22:13 pm »

Any idea on a timeline for a linux version of masterwork?  I would love to play this mod. 

eyneill

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3842 on: May 03, 2012, 07:33:07 pm »

I have a few bugs to report for mac.
In arena whenever you are creating a creature and modify one of its stats it immediately creates the creature.
In fortress mode pressing the (b)uild key will crash the game

(by the way, from what i can tell, this is an awesome mod.  Keep up the good work!)

azrael300

• Bay Watcher
  • WERE GOING TO LIVE :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3843 on: May 03, 2012, 08:51:00 pm »

what attributes are needed for this mods in order to be the best adventurer and what are the ones that is or nearly is usless?
thx
Edit. Oh Jesus Christ, Necro would be proud. The second horse in the caravan came in and immediately caught on fire. I looked into his inventory and found a burning pig tail fiber bag. Curious, I looked inside.
quote above is by yuriruler90

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3844 on: May 03, 2012, 08:51:47 pm »

what attributes are needed for this mods in order to be the best adventurer and what are the ones that is or nearly is usless?
thx

Exactly the same as normal.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

azrael300

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3845 on: May 03, 2012, 08:53:33 pm »

thx

Exactly the same as normal.

thank you
Edit. Oh Jesus Christ, Necro would be proud. The second horse in the caravan came in and immediately caught on fire. I looked into his inventory and found a burning pig tail fiber bag. Curious, I looked inside.

azrael300

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3846 on: May 03, 2012, 08:55:34 pm »

in the arena i made a army of dwarfs and a army of zombie dwarfs(zombies are 10 times larger than the normal dwarfs)and i tried to kill a banished undead with a kill power, but it did not die.then i remembered.(wait its already dead.......)and also it seems that dfhack is in the mod to so.... what command makes me super dwarfen (atribute)?
thx (to anyone who awnsers)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 08:57:40 pm by azrael300 »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3847 on: May 03, 2012, 09:44:01 pm »

Erm, what do I need to do to get the neat Masterwork GUI thing to work? My computer just gives an error message about the aplication not initializing properly.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

iofhua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3848 on: May 03, 2012, 09:44:44 pm »

How do I get the mod to work with Dwarf Fortress? I have unzipped the .rar but have no clue what to do with all the files. I have looked at the masterworkmanual.bat file and while it has extensive explanations of how to use everything in the mod, it has no instructions on how to get the mod to work. I am also surprised that there are no "how to" instructions stickied in the DF Modding forum!

Shadow Creator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3849 on: May 03, 2012, 09:51:21 pm »

Hey guys, if you are using windows all you have to do is unpack Masterwork and then there should be a 'Masterwork Settings' .exe that brings up the GUI. You should not have to mess around with any other files besides that. IIRC when you launch utilities from the GUI, such as soundsense, you will need to point it to the gamelog which is found under the 'Dwarf Fortress' folder. I hope that helps.

Meph, I am not sure if this was intended or not but now that I am getting my forts past five years I am constantly getting into scuffles with my elven allies. In Vanilla I wouldn't care but they happen to be very useful in your mod, I mean they bring dragons! The problem is that they keep telling me I am demolishing the forests and must stop. I barely cut down 1/3rd of the map when I first started to clear space for my large above ground fortress and since then only used extensive tree farms which appear to trigger their diplomats. When I agree to limit the amount of tree cutting I did I saw the number climb as I processed steeloak or my regular farmed trees (Farm plot trees just to be clear). If it was intended I guess I will have to get pets early and kill the pointy ears after a couple years but if it was not intended is this possible to fix or no?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 09:57:52 pm by Shadow Creator »
☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - V.3 -
 - A comprehensive mod pack with 25% higher FPS -
Download @ DFFD ::: WIN ::: MAC ::: LINUX

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3850 on: May 03, 2012, 09:53:13 pm »

in the arena i made a army of dwarfs and a army of zombie dwarfs(zombies are 10 times larger than the normal dwarfs)and i tried to kill a banished undead with a kill power, but it did not die.then i remembered.(wait its already dead.......)and also it seems that dfhack is in the mod to so.... what command makes me super dwarfen (atribute)?
thx (to anyone who awnsers)

Same as normal. This mod changes nothing other then fixing crap and adding awesome stuff.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3851 on: May 04, 2012, 12:45:11 am »

Any idea on a timeline for a linux version of masterwork?  I would love to play this mod.

It's being worked on currently.

Milkbot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • dA Page
« Reply #3852 on: May 04, 2012, 06:44:36 am »

How does the thatchery deal with stacks of plants? Does it split the stack and take 2?

Are dark strangler vile forces supposed to have weapons and armour? IIRC, they didn't in earlier versions and served as an easy stepping stone to the harder hordes. With weapons they tear through my guys though, especially lashers.

Keep up the fantastic work Meph, you're the greatest!
(*v*  )         FRO-
/(  .    )\         STED
_|   _|             BUTTS

Spray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3853 on: May 04, 2012, 12:30:57 pm »

eheheh 7 zombies killed 2 war dragons, seems legit-.-
how can 3 heads, 2 chitins and 2 hands kill 2 WAR DRAGONS ?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #3854 on: May 04, 2012, 12:49:22 pm »

eheheh 7 zombies killed 2 war dragons, seems legit-.-
how can 3 heads, 2 chitins and 2 hands kill 2 WAR DRAGONS ?
Team work I'd say, the heads overlook and shout orders. The chitins distract while the hands sneak around and choke the dragons.
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 749