Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1837465 times)

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.7.2 NEW: Updated MAC Version
« Reply #3780 on: April 29, 2012, 08:16:11 pm »

I go for a ditch early, removing the ramps, adding drawbridges.  Its a lot faster than a wall, which I add later.  The only advantage of the wall is protection from ranged ambushers, and since those come on a trigger you have some control over when they show up (don't build any wealth early).  The fast ditch can save you from wandering monsters a lot more efficiently. 

For nasty flyers, I just make sure to use early bones on a stockpile of bolts and xbows, and draft 10 dwarves.  Flyers rarely have armor so a flurry of bone bolts can really chew them up.
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.

Shadow Creator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3781 on: April 30, 2012, 01:09:32 am »

I have a fort that has reached past its 4th year but suddenly some of the features in this mod stopped working. I have had a large steeloak farm running from the beginning and after getting my first harvest after the first year I promptly cut the small trees into steeloak logs then easily refined them into steel getting my first batch of 80 steel. Now after getting a much larger harvest and having cut the trees into the respective logs I am no longer able to refine them. I have tried removing the steeloak logs from stockpiles, forbidding/reclaiming/moving fuel around (400 units of charcoal and 350 units of coke), as well as deconstructing/reconstructing the timberyards with no change.

I also noticed that my stone stockpiles which were created to only accept schist are accepting cave fungus. I have tried removing the stockpiles and only enabling schist again and the darn stuff follows. Now that part didn't bother me as I planned to turn it all into cheese to get rid of it but now I find out I am also unable to use anything specific in the kitchen or brewery as well. I am able to select any version of meal such as lavish or to brew drinks and they will use any respective reagent but I am no longer able to pick specific items like plump helmet wine.

I have tried many times saving/loading various parts of my fort with no success. I have tried using the masterwork launcher and reselecting all the appropriate options then hitting save/load/save/load launch DF to just be ultra sure. I am very confused now since it was working fine earlier in the day and then decided to stop letting me use these awesome features while still teasing me with their red listings. Any suggestions or help is greatly appreciated!

EDIT:
I had similar issues, but not as severe as that!  As a poster here suggested, use the Jobs Manager (j->m->q) to queue the reaction you want - for some reason the reactions work fine if it is issued via Job orders instead of at the workshop.

I confirmed that this workaround was successful. Though the original issue still exists this is more than enough to keep everything going. Thanks again Werdna!
(Listed as a bug on the Masterwork wiki from release 1.6)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 07:28:33 pm by Shadow Creator »
☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - V.3 -
 - A comprehensive mod pack with 25% higher FPS -
Download @ DFFD ::: WIN ::: MAC ::: LINUX

allison

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3782 on: April 30, 2012, 04:33:02 am »

Whoa, I moved my beloved 30 year fort from Masterwork 1.6 to 1.7.2, and suddenly all my dwarves are tantruming from nakedness... is there any way to mod out clothing-related bad thoughts? Or re-enable the clothier's workshop? (I've got one, but it seems unable to make any clothing at all)

Cusi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3783 on: April 30, 2012, 07:47:35 am »

Whoa, I moved my beloved 30 year fort from Masterwork 1.6 to 1.7.2, and suddenly all my dwarves are tantruming from nakedness... is there any way to mod out clothing-related bad thoughts? Or re-enable the clothier's workshop? (I've got one, but it seems unable to make any clothing at all)

I can't remember if the two are compatible, but I think they are ... you may try deconstructing your clothier shop and reconstruct, I believe he simplified the choices.

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3784 on: April 30, 2012, 10:04:38 am »

I have a fort that has reached past its 4th year but suddenly some of the features in this mod stopped working. I have had a large steeloak farm running from the beginning and after getting my first harvest after the first year I promptly cut the small trees into steeloak logs then easily refined them into steel getting my first batch of 80 steel. Now after getting a much larger harvest and having cut the trees into the respective logs I am no longer able to refine them. I have tried removing the steeloak logs from stockpiles, forbidding/reclaiming/moving fuel around (400 units of charcoal and 350 units of coke), as well as deconstructing/reconstructing the timberyards with no change.

Or re-enable the clothier's workshop? (I've got one, but it seems unable to make any clothing at all)

I had similar issues, but not as severe as that!  As a poster here suggested, use the Jobs Manager (j->m->q) to queue the reaction you want - for some reason the reactions work fine if it is issued via Job orders instead of at the workshop. 
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.

Spray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3785 on: April 30, 2012, 11:28:55 am »

Well, im Pretty sure i found a bug.

When i open my frontgates, everytime about 10 dwarfs run out.

they dont collect something
they dont work on something
they dont fish
they dont drink
they do nothin

the dwarfs only run about 10 tiles away from the doors, then run in small circles on that spot.

they do this for EVER. only way to get them in is assign them to an military squad und station them inside, then lock the doors.

they dont even have a job tag outside.

what could cause this?

maybe autodumping with dfhack?

Srial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3786 on: April 30, 2012, 11:50:51 am »

Do you have a meeting hall designated outside for some weird reason?  Maybe around where the wagon was?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 11:56:45 am by Srial »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3787 on: April 30, 2012, 01:06:40 pm »

If you have no meeting hall all dwarves will count the former place where the wagon was a the default meeting area.

I am online for the first time in a week. Read all the feedback, first of all thanks for all that. Also big thanks for the people who answered questions while I was away.

A few things I want to note: I am having a great time in my RL, consisting of remote mayan ruins, ketchi villages, a cute redhead girl, diving in the carribbean ocean and a free 1000km lift I just got yesterday. While all this is good news for me, it is bad news for you guys, since I havent touched my laptop this last week ;)

About the future of the mod:
I will redo the animal biomes. I rather likes getting attacked by ogres early on, but can understand that this is not everyones idea of fun. Regard the current design as a test, I mostly released this version because people asked several times about the music system.

I will redo (and make optional) the dwarf chocolate features. I wrote the author of the mod, SethCreyid, already about the balancing and will do some balancing of my own on it. I havent playtested the mod myself, and the omnipresent invisible liches that spam spells do not seem to be intented like that.

Bloodbeasts will also be nerfed, maybe I can even add a way to find, isolate and SAFE the "secret"dwarves, because I get the feeling that people do like the feature, but mislike that they cant do much after they identified the stricken dwarf.

I noted down all the feedback, some of it I really like and will implement without a doubt. :)

Just let me quote this about the mac version again:
Update: I found the problem. This is NOT a problem with the latest masterwork mod. This is a problem with the latest mac version from Toady that Meph is using.
FULLSCREEN and TTF fonts are broken in the mac version. If you turn off ttf (F12) You will find that you can now enter the build menu. It was crashing because there is an error in the code to determine the width of the text to draw the menu using True Type Font.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Danv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.7.2 - I am online, juhu
« Reply #3788 on: April 30, 2012, 02:08:24 pm »

ok, adventure mode, human, playing for long time, killing only bad guys, for whole day was cleaning out dungeon under castle in human town, when finally i climb up to the first floor, victorious and exhausted, friendly (?) queen who was there immediatly turn me into dying slug (lolwut?) and after a while set me on fire (wtf? why??) and i burned to death... wtf is this? why? for what? this is not fun, it's BS

Shadow Creator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3789 on: April 30, 2012, 07:18:32 pm »

I just got home and gave this a try and it worked beautifully, thank you very very much Werdna for the workaround! While it gets the job done, thanks again for saving my fort, it is bothersome to have to mass manager orders to get the same job as simply setting one task to repeat. If more people experience this perhaps it should be noted as a bug otherwise if only a couple people ever had this issue I will take it as unfortunate/bad luck.

Original issue was that after playing the fort for over a few years, all within the same day, I lost the ability to refine steeloak, order specific drinks, or make specific items in the kitchen whereas for the first year everything was fine.
(Listed as a bug on the Masterwork wiki from release 1.6)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 07:29:11 pm by Shadow Creator »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3790 on: April 30, 2012, 07:44:52 pm »

ok, adventure mode, human, playing for long time, killing only bad guys, for whole day was cleaning out dungeon under castle in human town, when finally i climb up to the first floor, victorious and exhausted, friendly (?) queen who was there immediatly turn me into dying slug (lolwut?) and after a while set me on fire (wtf? why??) and i burned to death... wtf is this? why? for what? this is not fun, it's BS

Calm down. Sounds like a dwarf chocolate feature, which will be balanced by me for the next release. Why the queen attacked you I cant tell. BUT this mod is for fortress mode, it has never been marketed for Adventure mode, I do no adv. mode testing and never play adv. mode. I do take suggestions however for it and try to add them. The thing is that I dont know a first thing about it, never will, and therefore cant foresee the reactions caused by changes for fortress mode.

@shadow creator: A user narrowed it down to skill essences appearing, once you get one of those the custom buildings sometimes dont accept reagents anymore, only through the manager. Quite frankly I never encountered this myself, which makes it hard to fix. I am aware of the issue however and will do more science on it.

@weaselcake: What did you do that adamantine is missing in the inorganic files ? wow... could you send me a PM with some details ?

And about the fortress that was transported from 1.6 to 1.7.2: There is no fix for bad thoughts from no clothing, all this is hardcoded by Today. Hope you have a 1.6 save left.

Please give this guy some help, he has a brilliant idea, just needs a little help it seems.
DF Word Project - 400 additions
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 07:46:57 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3791 on: April 30, 2012, 08:07:59 pm »

Again, after 10-15 minutes of gameplay my keyboard and mouse die. If I do vanilla DF I go on fine. Masterwork, it just gives my keyboard/mouse a seizure.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Cusi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3792 on: April 30, 2012, 08:14:47 pm »

If you have no meeting hall all dwarves will count the former place where the wagon was a the default meeting area.

I am online for the first time in a week. Read all the feedback, first of all thanks for all that. Also big thanks for the people who answered questions while I was away.

A few things I want to note: I am having a great time in my RL, consisting of remote mayan ruins, ketchi villages, a cute redhead girl, diving in the carribbean ocean and a free 1000km lift I just got yesterday. While all this is good news for me, it is bad news for you guys, since I havent touched my laptop this last week ;)

I will redo the animal biomes. I rather likes getting attacked by ogres early on, but can understand that this is not everyones idea of fun. Regard the current design as a test, I mostly released this version because people asked several times about the music system.

First of all, glad to hear your vacation is going well, continue to enjoy it :)

Secondly, maybe you can make the animal biomes toggable, so a choice whether to be on or not. In my last map I have some rogue Rashakas in ambush and looking at the combat reports its basically "Stun, blind, repeat a few times and kill" .... quite scary. I wonder if theres any defense against magic specifically.

Shadow Creator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3793 on: April 30, 2012, 08:24:44 pm »

I will redo (and make optional) the dwarf chocolate features. I wrote the author of the mod, SethCreyid, already about the balancing and will do some balancing of my own on it. I havent playtested the mod myself, and the omnipresent invisible liches that spam spells do not seem to be intented like that.

Meph stated today that he will be working on the biomes so we can look forward to that! I personally like seeing all these things I normally wouldn't but it definitely makes it harder not to mention defeats the purpose of looking for specific spots such as 'Mirthful/Calm/Savage' etc. As for the Rakashas, I have had those as well, you can wait until someone else comes along and they fight, wait them out, or trap/fight them en masse. If I get magic users I just wait for one or two other races/beasts to show up and duke it out since I am constantly getting new assaults by various races. Also note he will be working with the chocolate mod which is where the magic stuff comes from apparently.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 08:27:12 pm by Shadow Creator »

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3794 on: April 30, 2012, 09:27:07 pm »

Meph, you still taking submissions for your 5 year challenge? I am nearly to ten now and have have a save if you want it at some point.
Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 749