Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1837236 times)

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.7.2 NEW: Updated MAC Version
« Reply #3735 on: April 26, 2012, 11:51:32 am »

Is it possible to eliminate the warpstone? I constantly have all of my miners lying in bed vomiting and bleeding everywhere which my other dwarves are lazy to clean. Once I decided to not mine it, my bedrooms were completely screwed up seeing as there was warpstone all over that area.

Thanks.

Open up the launcher, turn off Harder Mining.

But I want to keep coal dust. I've gotten rid of the weak warpstone syndrome in the raws already though.

Kire93

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3736 on: April 26, 2012, 12:04:26 pm »

Is there any way to remove the stones that leave slime when mined?

Smitehappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3737 on: April 26, 2012, 01:34:18 pm »

I've got a problem with a bleeding hear dwarf of mine. In that he literally has a bleeding heart. A while ago I noticed blood was appearing all over my fort. Looking at it identifies it as a dwarf that has the same first name of one of my dwarves but not the same last name. I eventually track the dwarf down who shares the same first name and check his wound list. Turns out his heart is yellow. Every other part of him is completely fine, just his heart got hurt. I check the logs/reports and there are no reports of him being in any combat. He won't seek medical help for this either and has been bleeding all over my fort for the last year. Is there anything in Masterwork that could have done this to him?
Interestingly, Armok's name actually originates from arm_ok, a variable in one of Toady's earlier games that kept track of how many of your arms weren't missing.

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Technical problem
« Reply #3738 on: April 26, 2012, 02:35:10 pm »

I'm running the mac version on snow leopard and every time I try to open up the 'place building' sub-menu, the program crashes. I thought perhaps it was a conflicting keybinding but, even with the key changed, the game still crashes the first time I press any key associated with the building command.

I'd greatly appreciate any assistance that anyone can offer. Perhaps this problem has already been addressed somewhere in this gigantic thread and I just didn't see it. If so, my apologies.

I'd be happy to post the error message if someone thinks it would help. Just so long as that person is also willing to show me how to do that spoiler alert junk and stuff. Thank you.

I can confirm this, I reproduced the same problem with masterwork 1.7.1 on Tiger. This problem does not exist is vanilla DF. No solution as of  yet.

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3739 on: April 26, 2012, 02:54:13 pm »

Update: I found the problem. This is NOT a problem with the latest masterwork mod. This is a problem with the latest mac version from toady that Meph is using.

FULLSCREEN and TTF fonts are broken in the mac version. If you turn off ttf (F12) You will find that you can now enter the build menu. It was crashing because there is an error in the code to determine the width of the text to draw the menu using True Type Font.

wags747

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3740 on: April 26, 2012, 08:24:59 pm »

How do I use the pre-set worlds?

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3741 on: April 26, 2012, 10:44:26 pm »

How do I use the pre-set worlds?

Main menu:  Design New World with Advanced Parameters.  Preset worlds are on the list on the right.
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.

wags747

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3742 on: April 26, 2012, 10:50:33 pm »

Thanks man!

lewtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3743 on: April 27, 2012, 01:46:18 am »

Is there any way to figure out which of your dwarves have been bitten by something bad.  I have a save I keep messing with that has one of my dwarves turn into a blood beast.. once this happens death ensues and then a tantrum spiral i can't get under control.  Trying to figure out what causes him to turn into this for future forts.

Is there a syndrome, or sickness, or illness he has I can locate through the medical doctor, or DFTherapist or something?

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3744 on: April 27, 2012, 02:34:43 am »

i believe your dealing with the caste of dwarf, in the launcher turn off secret under creatures to stop them
but check the combat logs (r) for dwarves fighting by themselves to tell which will change then what they're doing to tell what they'll become

no way to prevent a dwarf from changing, only thing is how soon and how many friends
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3745 on: April 27, 2012, 04:25:21 am »

Blood Beasts are not caused by a syndrome or anything preventable, look in your combat logs or alerts for the message: "Urist Mcevil draws a pentagram in blood" or similar. This appears to be just something that some random dwarfs do if you have secrets enabled.

The blood beast itself does leave a pretty nasty syndrome on anyone exposed to it if I recall my last experience with one correctly though.

masquerine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3746 on: April 27, 2012, 07:37:27 am »

I had a blood beast in my fort once. Anything that came in contact with it's blood had instant necrosis and basically was instantly rotted to death. So as they cut off limbs and it attacked, everyone in the fort was doomed. The blood was everywhere. It could also spray the blood as an attack, so there was no way to contain it from spreading everywhere and on everything nearby. It ripped through my steel armored guys like they were not even wearing anything. Not only that, but because everyone had necrosis, I couldn't even see what was going on. It was just giant clouds of purple everywhere with death messages popping up.
Unless you're looking for something to basically wipe your fort when you least expect it from the inside, you'd be better off turning the "secrets" off. Good luck trying to reclaim against something like that too lol. Between the blood and it capable of ripping dwarves in armor in half with it's mouth, it'd be a lost cause.

Talanic

• Bay Watcher
  • Struggling author / pizza delivery guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3747 on: April 27, 2012, 11:37:22 am »

Just watch for those Secret messages in the combat log.  They're not hard to spot and you have plenty of lead time to do what you want to do.  Also, every dwarf description includes some form of giveaway.  If there's a message about the dwarf being "A short, sturdy creature fond of <noun> and industry" then it's not a normal dwarf!
I'm an aspiring Science Fiction and Fantasy writer.  I'm telling the tale of a hapless cyborg everyman lost in a savage fantasy world.

My first review from a real magazine!

CarpeDiem

• Bay Watcher
  • I just love Dwarves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3748 on: April 27, 2012, 08:19:15 pm »

I am not getting any migration waves (other than the first 2) and am stuck at like 13 dwarves (way under pop. cap) I check civilizations list and a Dwarven one shows up with a cyan P next to it which has no important leaders, maybe they all died out so I can't get migrants? are there any ways to work around this like a way to give myself migrants?

edit: also not getting any strange moods.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 08:23:00 pm by CarpeDiem »

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3749 on: April 27, 2012, 09:07:55 pm »

So, as a consequence of Dwarves being set to live in Cities, I find that my Dwarven civs have been ruled over many times, in legends mode, by HUMANS!

While it's kind of interesting to be able to find Dwarves in the "wild" so to speak, it's probably not worth all that.  Additionally, the cities that get built on the edges of mountains are almost completely impassable and cause HUGE slowdowns.

So while it's an interesting "feature", there should be a way to turn off Dwarven Towns.
I like fortresses because they are still underground.
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 749