Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1837200 times)

brgmahiko

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.7.2 NEW: Updated MAC Version
« Reply #3705 on: April 23, 2012, 12:01:48 pm »

i have a problem... my soldiers refuse to read books!

yes i have set the workshop profile to them only (they're only 2 guys.)

If i remove the profile... any idler reads (which proves that it works), but specifically these two wont.

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3706 on: April 23, 2012, 01:19:23 pm »

i have a problem... my soldiers refuse to read books!

yes i have set the workshop profile to them only (they're only 2 guys.)

If i remove the profile... any idler reads (which proves that it works), but specifically these two wont.

You probably have your soldier squads set to non-stop Train, and Train orders are set to max # of soldiers (it defaults to 10).  You probably need to either give them a month where they don't have orders to Train (and are thus all free to do other jobs, like read), or you can set the (# of soldiers to train) to a few less than the squad size*, which allows a few soldiers at a time to take a break and go do other jobs, like read.  Of course then its random chance if the soldiers you want to read are the ones that take time off.

Some people like to give squads month-long breaks every 3rd or 4th month, usually with pump-operating to pump up stats.  This gave squads relief from the "angered at long patrol" thoughts but this is currently bugged (they act like they didn't get a break).  Its a good habit to get into in any case once the bug is fixed, and it'll give your soldiers a perfect opportunity to go read.

* edit the Train order, use the +/- keys to adjust squad #, Shift-enter to save, then remember to copy/paste that to the other months if you want
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.

Talanic

• Bay Watcher
  • Struggling author / pizza delivery guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3707 on: April 23, 2012, 01:29:12 pm »

More on concubines:
Concubines appear to be able to leave ghosts, yet do not show up on the engrave list, this means if you butcher them you can't lay them to rest.

I can confirm this; I think I've had a few (dead) concubines starting a tantrum spiral.

In my fortress, after embarking I removed the [PET] flag from concubines, which allows you to see what's causing them to tantrum, among other things.  I suspect that it'll fix your problem too - but keep in mind that you need to put it in again if you want concubines on embark.
I'm an aspiring Science Fiction and Fantasy writer.  I'm telling the tale of a hapless cyborg everyman lost in a savage fantasy world.

My first review from a real magazine!

spriksprak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3708 on: April 23, 2012, 03:48:52 pm »

Hi,

This mod looks incredibly cool but I'm a little confused by some of my experiences with it. Firstly do you need to absolutely use the pre-genned world designs in the advanced world creator? Secondly and linked to the first even after a very short gen in one of the preset designs (and a standard one) I'm finding that pretty much all 'bad' creatures that everyone hates such as the vampire lords and almost every (and sometimes every) megabeast are killed within the first 25 years. Elves and zombie creatures seem to blame for a lot of it. In particular the Sentinels got trashed in the first year.

Was just wondering if I'm missing something because as it stands the new epic creatures are wiped out v.quickly in legends.

Finally I can't seem to get the Soundsense app from the launcher working. I've selected my game log, run an update and seen that the game log is working but no sounds register or activate.

Sorry if any of this stuff is blindingly obvious but I don't want to sink time into a fort if there's something vital to be done first.

Cheers for any help.

Alexander86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3709 on: April 23, 2012, 03:56:57 pm »

Holy crap! I embarked with 10 concubines for...!!Science!! reasons....And by spring there was like 30 kids! They breed like rabbits

CarpeDiem

• Bay Watcher
  • I just love Dwarves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3710 on: April 23, 2012, 07:41:29 pm »

soundsense has a really good page on the wiki (and a good explanation of a work around if you don't have Java runtime environment 7)

I am wondering if there is any use for caged shadow men

lewtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3711 on: April 23, 2012, 07:46:45 pm »

Is there a way to change the color of the Living Blood and Cave Fungus stone.  I just dislike the blue and red colors.

Lockesly L`Crit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3712 on: April 23, 2012, 09:42:08 pm »

Firstly do you need to absolutely use the pre-genned world designs in the advanced world creator?

Nope. They are there just for easier or more Fun embarks.

Is there a way to change the color of the Living Blood and Cave Fungus stone.  I just dislike the blue and red colors.

Open up inorganic_mineral.txt and search for cave fungus and living blood, then change the DISPLAY_COLOR to your liking.
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2012:Material_definition_token

CarpeDiem

• Bay Watcher
  • I just love Dwarves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3713 on: April 23, 2012, 10:53:59 pm »

Anyone know what saw dust/ scrap logs are good for?

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3714 on: April 23, 2012, 11:04:56 pm »

saw dust should evaporate making a poof at the workshop, i believe.  turn temperature on if it's not

scrap logs are primarily for making charcoal, at least that's the impression i got from them
could use them for fort stuff, no value means less fort value which in turn less migrants... i think
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
  • ETHIC:NONBELIEVER:SHUN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3715 on: April 24, 2012, 07:23:05 am »

The only special weather I seem to get is honey bee honey and sheep's milk (I think).

Despite part of my embark being slightly evil.

..and then the child Praiseincest shall be dipped in the river of Pregnantjuices! Rejoice! The son of Armok has been born!
My dwarf worships the goddess of suicide. This can only bode well.

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3716 on: April 24, 2012, 10:21:19 am »

oops, wrong window.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 03:10:53 pm by Panopticon »

reilwin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3717 on: April 24, 2012, 10:40:08 am »

Anyone know what saw dust/ scrap logs are good for?

You get 2 scrap logs per rough wood log. Splitting it into 2 gives you more wood at the cost of value. So don't use it to make beds or other furniture, but charcoal, barrels or paper work out nicely.

GhostRiiide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3718 on: April 24, 2012, 01:57:41 pm »

Is this mod worth it for adventure mode? Does it add crafting? Is it compatible with Wanderer mod?

Alexander86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3719 on: April 24, 2012, 11:11:57 pm »

Can someone tell me how to get the mountainking?
Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 749