Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1837027 times)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.7.2 NEW: Updated MAC Version
« Reply #3600 on: April 18, 2012, 10:08:10 pm »

About the warbeasts: Well. You have a valid point there, so I have to meddle in the entity files again. Do you happen to know if only the FD races bring them, or if the Giants/Automatons/etc have them as well ?

Sorry, i didn't last long enough to observe the Frost Giants:

Year 3:  Tigermen queen leads her glorious vanguard of giant rattlesnake riders to assault the fort.  Awesome!  Squad of 8 war spiritwebbers.  Squad of 8 war dragons.  Wow, what a combination.  Webs burn, by the way.

On the plus side, Tun 'Blockshielded the Malign Spiral' took two of the bastards down with him.  He was the only one with a tower shield, I think it might have helped a bit.

Next time, I'll play with more of your races on, and no F.D., let you know what I see.  The only other odd thing I notice is that the human diplomat offered to bring some funny stuff including Fail Stone.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 10:29:15 pm by smakemupagus »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3601 on: April 18, 2012, 10:37:51 pm »

Fancy, I will try out the new Garden of Gaia with volcanoes. I think I might also dig out the perfect world utility and maybe make a glacier world, and a river/lake world, somehow these are missing.

@smake: I think it was this one: [INORGANIC:SLAVE_STONE], it was using STONE_TEMPLATE instead of STONE_VAPOR_TEMPLATE.  But the warbeasts are a bit much, yeah. lol, how in hell should you fight 8 dragon with the webbing backup ?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Blakmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3602 on: April 18, 2012, 10:54:39 pm »

Glacier world would be awesome.

Just reporting on your poll to say that I am indeed still having issues with naked dwarves and bad thoughts. I think the problem is that they take too long to claim and wear clothing, and the negative thought buildup is too quick and too strong. By the time they have finished their current task/s and decide to claim clothing, they are already miserable.

Lockesly L`Crit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3603 on: April 18, 2012, 11:20:56 pm »

About the warbeasts: Well. You have a valid point there, so I have to meddle in the entity files again. Do you happen to know if only the FD races bring them, or if the Giants/Automatons/etc have them as well ?

Never once have I seen Undead bring mounts with them. Probably because those forts I play rarely last beyond the second year. Automatons piss me off too much to bother turning them back on, so I don't know about them.
The chance of War Elephants bringing animals with them, on the other hand, is 100% across all forts I've played with them, provided I survive a few years.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3604 on: April 18, 2012, 11:31:57 pm »

Well, I just removed COMMON_DOMESTIC_MOUNT and PERMITTED_LABOR:ANIMAL_TRAINER from all FD races, that might help :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Spacepup18

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3605 on: April 19, 2012, 12:17:33 am »

If you are interested in a heavily bastardized Gaia gen, I finally tweaked my Gaia World Gen to where I like it.  It has 50 volcanoes, no peaks, no oceans, more magic, more savagery, and generates a random region.  The land is somewhat flatter but not as much as I wanted.  My goal was to have volcanoes that were not on the top of peaks (40 z levels of cliffs gives me a headache) and though it is not the 50/50 split I was looking for there are usually 2 to 3 volcanoes that are in areas with only 4 or 5 Z levels of cliffs.  With all the Races and Creatures options set to yes I get all 4 Dwarves, Drow, Elves, and Humans in sufficient numbers on about 1/4th of the maps I gen.

Anyway, here is an example map of one world I genned and the code you would need to paste into your world_gen.txt file if you are interested.

Map
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Code
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I don't know what you did here but the first embark I found with a relatively flat volcano, Prospector tells me that I have 143k of Silver, 140k of gold, and 137k of Tetrahedrite, also 4k Mithril and 2k wolfram (but only 1500 hematite).

What am I going to do with all this stuff?  I'm pretty sure I could a statue as big as Armok out of that much precious metal.  I'm thinking of maybe dropping embark-tile sized hammers of constructed gold down on intruders, but I'm sure there's more I can do with that much stuff.

Seraphyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3606 on: April 19, 2012, 12:32:54 am »

I actually managed to do a gaia map that retains its basic shape but randomizes rivers, volcanoes and savagery. Which is pretty cool. I can't post it here though since it apparently exceeds the 40k character limit lol.

Lamorak84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3607 on: April 19, 2012, 03:14:48 am »

Add this to the entity_default for your dwarves.
   [HELM:ITEM_HELM_CAP:COMMON]
   [HELM:ITEM_HELM_HOOD:COMMON]
   [GLOVES:ITEM_GLOVES_GLOVES:COMMON]
   [GLOVES:ITEM_GLOVES_MITTENS:COMMON]
   [SHOES:ITEM_SHOES_SOCKS:COMMON]
   [PANTS:ITEM_PANTS_LEGGINGS:COMMON]
The main question however is: Why would you want to do that ?

Just because of the Flavor... most people dont like different clothes to choose from, I do.
I did add all van clothes back for my dwarves... the other civs I did not touch and so it should not UBER-clutter my game. Not more than usual... ^^

DorfMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3608 on: April 19, 2012, 04:30:36 am »

I think there is a bug with drakes and frost giants corpses and parts not rotting away and not being butcherable. It's not a big deal really... just a minor nuisance when there is hundreds of blue frost giants parts laying around not wasting away and making my eyes spin.
I find atom smashing to be undwarfish so I am going to try making a dump site in my hellfire turrets firing range. 

simonthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • ¤Death¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #3609 on: April 19, 2012, 06:52:59 am »

I had 10 dwarves die to centaurs in year 1. Glory
Quote from: Syndic
Sentry towers, manned by orang-utangs./quote]

DorfMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3610 on: April 19, 2012, 07:03:29 am »

also is there a way to make dwarves respect cloths better. I mean, if there is a shirt available in stockpile they dump their shirts in their rooms when there is minimum x..x wear showing and run to the stockpile for a new one. It would be nice if they done this at least when there is XX..XX wear. For now I need a whole industry going just for my dwarves to be satisfied and have rooms full of junk.

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3611 on: April 19, 2012, 10:00:05 am »

I think there is a bug with drakes and frost giants corpses and parts not rotting away and not being butcherable. It's not a big deal really... just a minor nuisance when there is hundreds of blue frost giants parts laying around not wasting away and making my eyes spin.
I find atom smashing to be undwarfish so I am going to try making a dump site in my hellfire turrets firing range.

Do bonfires destroy corpses?  I know I used them to burn away low-quality items in my last fort, but can't recall if I used it to get rid of bodies or not.  Anyway, a big corpse bonfire sounds pretty dwarfy!
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.

reilwin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3612 on: April 19, 2012, 10:22:08 am »

Edit: I asked about why breweries weren't working and found the issue on the bugs page of the wiki. Thank you for the mod, I greatly enjoy it!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 10:28:21 am by reilwin »

DorfMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3613 on: April 19, 2012, 12:17:35 pm »

That's it! I've had it!

They have 1000 pairs of shoes stuffed in their bloody rooms.

I'm not making a single bloody pair more!

I hate saying no to you, but NO!
Wear you stinking old ones you darn fools!

Let's see how long this fortress lasts till it dies of no shoes... muahahahhaah... :| 

Talanic

• Bay Watcher
  • Struggling author / pizza delivery guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3614 on: April 19, 2012, 02:14:56 pm »

Any word on the Gem Workshop?  Items made there are of extremely low value and don't appear to be that worthwhile.  Also, decorating armor and weapons with gems there doesn't appear to apply quality modifiers to the resulting decoration.  I've tried with some fairly skilled gem setters and never gotten any other result, but I could be wrong.  Still, so far the whole Gem Workshop seems to be a waste.
I'm an aspiring Science Fiction and Fantasy writer.  I'm telling the tale of a hapless cyborg everyman lost in a savage fantasy world.

My first review from a real magazine!
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 749