Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1836999 times)

Lamorak84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.7.2 NEW: Updated MAC Version
« Reply #3585 on: April 18, 2012, 02:41:47 pm »

All ammo needs quivers. So yeah, Guns need Bullets, Bullets need Quiver. Would be nice to mod in cartridges, but this is sadly impossible.

Damn... well...
Since you have one of the most successful mods for DF... you could write to the creators so they maybe make it moddable. Making it moddable so you can choose which ammo goes in what ammo container would help in a lot of situations, not just for the guns... also for the turrets, which would solve ALSO the turret ammunition clutter in a really elegant way ^^

Would also make adding a more balanced flamethrower possible and some other things... ^^ Like... well... grenades and their mobile ammo storage.

As for the tank I did mention (just out of curiosity). Would it be possible to make it as creature 2x2 tiles big with some kind of ballista as weapon? I think a tank should have the ballista damage behavior (if your people stand in the way, they are dead too ^^)...that would also restrict its usage a little making it less overpowered... as you dont want to have a tank firing into an underground brawl XD... well maybe you want to have it like this, if you know your melee squad will not survive either way ^^ Maybe there could also be some kind of tank/ram... just for the situation were you want to pierce that Megabeast leg so it falls over ^^

Also... how does golem injury work? How can I heal them?

Lockesly L`Crit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3586 on: April 18, 2012, 02:47:50 pm »

Also... how does golem injury work? How can I heal them?

Their bodies become metal, so self-healing doesn't happen. They become creatures (pets), so hospitals don't work. Golems are essentially really big, stompy migrant coffins chunks of metal you just leave out in a pasture to defend the fort. They will eventually die from extended combat, but it took the entire Clown Car to down just two of my steel golems (the other 8 bitchslapped the Clown Car back to the Circus), so you don't really need to worry all that much if you play with 1.7.1. I haven't played with the 1.7.2 changes yet.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3587 on: April 18, 2012, 03:25:27 pm »

I will most notable ot interfere with whatever TodayOne wants to do. I bet he gets many requests from modders about things he does not need for Vanilla DF. If I go down this way it wouldnt be long till people ask for custom profession names and skills, full graphic support and so on. Just because I made this mod, which is based to 50% on other peoples work, I wont start making requests. Multitile creatures and using ballistas on them is also hardcoded and not possible.

Golems are nerfed in 1.7.2 btw, you wont defeat the circus with them. Same goes for Frost Giants, they are not the super-dudes anymore they were used to be.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Kalithor123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3588 on: April 18, 2012, 03:54:13 pm »

heyho! is it possible to mod out berserker mood? an anti tantrum spirale light mod-mod ?  :)

btw if found a game optimizing tool named "game booster 3", it disables unnecessary  windows services in the background. maybe it can help for some extra fps

masquerine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3589 on: April 18, 2012, 03:59:01 pm »

A blizzard man came to my new fort, and fought against some mastiffs. There are 196 pages of "The stray mastiff shakes the blizzard man around by the head, denting the head's fat!/tearing the head's skin!/tearing the head's muscle! They bit a few other areas once in awhile, and blizzard man constantly fell down in exhaustion/unconsciousness. It led to this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It goes down and down in the same message.

All work and no play makes jack a dull boy.

He's currently chilling on the other side of the mountain, away from the puppies. I just found that combat report amusing. His scars have scars that have scars on top of scars. All over his head. It takes me over 20 seconds just to scroll to the bottom of his injury list.

The puppies found him and are very slowly tearing him apart as a chew toy. More and more scars.

Finally killed it and regained 165 fps. His scar list was so long that it ate up 165 fps (out of 200).
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 04:40:24 pm by masquerine »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3590 on: April 18, 2012, 04:03:05 pm »

Not sure if this is good or bad gameplaywise, but it certainly makes the game harder. I will mod the FD mod for the next release though.

Great -- Yeah, 1 or 2 of anything in the countryside is OK, but of the warbeasts that i have seen in sieges there is nothing good gameplaywise to encounter in sieges.  It's not just that it's a bit harder ... there is simply no good way to prepare or tactical solution to face 10-20 of them.  Magmahounds are almost impervious to small injuries like bolts and bullets, and kill your FPS if they get stuck in a boiling water.   Spirits are deadly too in their own way, mass incapacitate your whole melee group.  Even 1 or 2 plaguebearer kill all their own 'friends' so there's no battle, just deadly, deadly cleaning (maybe? the cleaning music works on it if you're lucky enough to have that instrument).

Maybe it would be different (still not sure good) if they come in year 10 when you have riflemen and slade turrets lining the walls, but they come with the fortress defense races, when your militia owns 3 copper spears and shares the one leather hat :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3591 on: April 18, 2012, 04:10:21 pm »

Blizzardman are always like that, even in vanilla, they cant bleed to death, tough bastards.

About the warbeasts: Well. You have a valid point there, so I have to meddle in the entity files again. Do you happen to know if only the FD races bring them, or if the Giants/Automatons/etc have them as well ?
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

the_game_hunt

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_MERCY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3592 on: April 18, 2012, 04:22:25 pm »

For me that I played so well DF i decided to play this mod, but my first fortress I ended it by abandoning, my 7 starting dwarf at the first 10 minutes were "miserable" by "He was annoyed to talk to a pilar of sociaty", something like that.

I removed castes and i didnt have this issue,What caused it?

EDIT: Also any fix on ALL of my freaking military getting all of their nerves destroyed/severed? This is why this awesome mode is too far away from me.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 04:40:00 pm by the_game_hunt »
The spinning (silk shoe) strikes the Baron in the left upper arm, bruising the skin!
The Baron has been shot and killed.

WARNING! I'm not responsible for damaging/destroying your post!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3593 on: April 18, 2012, 05:13:31 pm »

For me that I played so well DF i decided to play this mod, but my first fortress I ended it by abandoning, my 7 starting dwarf at the first 10 minutes were "miserable" by "He was annoyed to talk to a pilar of sociaty", something like that.

EDIT: Also any fix on ALL of my freaking military getting all of their nerves destroyed/severed? This is why this awesome mode is too far away from me.
All 7 starting dwarves ? I did not mod the characters, it is standard Vanilla DF to have dwarves that are annoyed by "pillars of society" Just dont have any idles and seperate them. It was just a random occurence.

The nerves are part of the mod, if your shoulder nerve gets cut, you loose the function of the upper arm, lower arm and hand. This is part of hugos advences bone structure mod, and when I introduced it I only got "Yeah, awesome" reactions about that. It also works on invaders, so it is balanced.

the_game_hunt

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_MERCY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3594 on: April 18, 2012, 05:19:02 pm »

All 7 starting dwarves ? I did not mod the characters, it is standard Vanilla DF to have dwarves that are annoyed by "pillars of society" Just dont have any idles and seperate them. It was just a random occurence.

The nerves are part of the mod, if your shoulder nerve gets cut, you loose the function of the upper arm, lower arm and hand. This is part of hugos advences bone structure mod, and when I introduced it I only got "Yeah, awesome" reactions about that. It also works on invaders, so it is balanced.

Yeah I know, but "balanced", i dont agreed here.

Since almost all migrant soldier have "novide dodger", they will rarely dodge an attack, meaning they will have nerves severed, 1 of every 25 soldier end up being heroes ( I remove them from military beacuse they cant use both arms),in vanilla all end up being heroes

EDIT: Nice to hear the MAC update, now my friends can play this.
The spinning (silk shoe) strikes the Baron in the left upper arm, bruising the skin!
The Baron has been shot and killed.

WARNING! I'm not responsible for damaging/destroying your post!

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3595 on: April 18, 2012, 05:19:27 pm »

Pillar of Society can be a moderately good or slightly bad thought depending on the personality of the dwarf, but it should be a very small emotion.  In vanilla, it has to do with nobles.  I don't know of any connection to castes.

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2012:List_of_Dwarven_Thoughts

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #3596 on: April 18, 2012, 06:15:53 pm »

A blizzard man came to my new fort, and fought against some mastiffs. There are 196 pages of "The stray mastiff shakes the blizzard man around by the head, denting the head's fat!/tearing the head's skin!/tearing the head's muscle! They bit a few other areas once in awhile, and blizzard man constantly fell down in exhaustion/unconsciousness. It led to this:
It goes down and down in the same message.

All work and no play makes jack a dull boy.

He's currently chilling on the other side of the mountain, away from the puppies. I just found that combat report amusing. His scars have scars that have scars on top of scars. All over his head. It takes me over 20 seconds just to scroll to the bottom of his injury list.

The puppies found him and are very slowly tearing him apart as a chew toy. More and more scars.

Finally killed it and regained 165 fps. His scar list was so long that it ate up 165 fps (out of 200).

That happened to me once, in the Wizard Tower mod for 31.25. I built a sorcerers' tower out of ice, and I was having my homunculus kill off everything...

He reached legendary fighter by the time my earthmovers put the BM down with a digging spell to the head.

Also, the cold made it bug so that homunculus blood was being shot like web.

Cool mod. Shame that its creator left it to work on dwarf chocolate.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Lamorak84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3597 on: April 18, 2012, 08:41:52 pm »

So... I did find out I can loot/buy socks and that my dwarves had silk socks at embark, but as of 1.71 I can not make socks o.O

How do I add socks and other clothes back to the game?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3598 on: April 18, 2012, 09:36:18 pm »

Add this to the entity_default for your dwarves.
   [HELM:ITEM_HELM_CAP:COMMON]
   [HELM:ITEM_HELM_HOOD:COMMON]
   [GLOVES:ITEM_GLOVES_GLOVES:COMMON]
   [GLOVES:ITEM_GLOVES_MITTENS:COMMON]
   [SHOES:ITEM_SHOES_SOCKS:COMMON]
   [PANTS:ITEM_PANTS_LEGGINGS:COMMON]
The main question however is: Why would you want to do that ?

Morwaul

• Bay Watcher
  • ..............boo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3599 on: April 18, 2012, 10:05:29 pm »

If you are interested in a heavily bastardized Gaia gen, I finally tweaked my Gaia World Gen to where I like it.  It has 50 volcanoes, no peaks, no oceans, more magic, more savagery, and generates a random region.  The land is somewhat flatter but not as much as I wanted.  My goal was to have volcanoes that were not on the top of peaks (40 z levels of cliffs gives me a headache) and though it is not the 50/50 split I was looking for there are usually 2 to 3 volcanoes that are in areas with only 4 or 5 Z levels of cliffs.  With all the Races and Creatures options set to yes I get all 4 Dwarves, Drow, Elves, and Humans in sufficient numbers on about 1/4th of the maps I gen.

Anyway, here is an example map of one world I genned and the code you would need to paste into your world_gen.txt file if you are interested.

Map

Code
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 749