Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1836851 times)

Seraphyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.7.2 NEW: Music for the Masses
« Reply #3495 on: April 16, 2012, 01:03:28 am »

Not sure if this was just a random bug but the creature research lab wasn't detecting a platinum skill essence laying around. They weren't on the same z-level but if there's anything you can do to prevent this from happening it would be great.

Hate having to destroy and rebuild workshops and hoping it detects things properly, or destroying them again if it doesn't and trying to build them on another z-level.

HammerDave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3496 on: April 16, 2012, 01:40:45 am »

i think turrets have to be adjacent to the fortification
I had tried that, didn't seem to help.  But I tried it 1 z above, do they have to be level with targets?
can you be a bit more specific what you're doing for the bleeding to death at the magma arc furnace?
Grind a stone, smelt matching bar, repeat.  Didn't notice if it was specific kinds of stones, I queued them up as I found them.

I noticed most of the new magma buildings don't have a dark green square.  It would be nice if the channeled tile was blocked by the workshop after build -- fire elementals et al have a nasty habit of coming up through the workshops.  To avoid this, build them on solid ground -- dig a tunnel underneath and put fortifications between the magma and the tunnel.  Doesn't help though, if magma critters are allowed to spawn there.  And you can't build them on top of a grate, unfortunately.  But I didn't think critters were responsible for the bleeding to death thing, because I can't find anything with K either on the workshop or magma channel level.

Lockesly L`Crit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3497 on: April 16, 2012, 04:34:44 am »

i think turrets have to be adjacent to the fortification
I had tried that, didn't seem to help.  But I tried it 1 z above, do they have to be level with targets?

Nope. Turrets fire at LoS enemies regardless of z-level. I keep my turrets on the top of guard towers 1 z-level higher than the ground, with fortifications surrounding them. What turrets are you using, by the way? Bullet and Slade turrets have a good range (range of 50) while everything else are mostly melee-only. Acid turrets have a range of 5, Web has 10, and the rest have 15.

I noticed most of the new magma buildings don't have a dark green square.  It would be nice if the channeled tile was blocked by the workshop after build -- fire elementals et al have a nasty habit of coming up through the workshops.  To avoid this, build them on solid ground -- dig a tunnel underneath and put fortifications between the magma and the tunnel.  Doesn't help though, if magma critters are allowed to spawn there.  And you can't build them on top of a grate, unfortunately.  But I didn't think critters were responsible for the bleeding to death thing, because I can't find anything with K either on the workshop or magma channel level.

Fortifications don't block swimming creatures when fully submerged (7/7). Vertical bars might help, but it also leaves the problem of the spawning out of nowhere issue.

Not sure if this was just a random bug but the creature research lab wasn't detecting a platinum skill essence laying around. They weren't on the same z-level but if there's anything you can do to prevent this from happening it would be great.

Hate having to destroy and rebuild workshops and hoping it detects things properly, or destroying them again if it doesn't and trying to build them on another z-level.

I've had this happen a few times in 1.7.1 with the Archaeologist workshop and the Furniture workshop. Some options were not possible even though I had the materials, and then suddenly went back to normal a few hours later. Only workaround I know of is to queue them up with the Manager.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 04:41:13 am by Lockesly L`Crit »

firons2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3498 on: April 16, 2012, 07:49:51 am »

hey i just finished playing Half-Life 2(again).Is it possible to make an item or something like those bug pheromones(gathered from the Ant Queen) to make antmen civs be friendly?

simonthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • ¤Death¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #3499 on: April 16, 2012, 08:34:38 am »

Some feedback: you have way too many seeds auto purchased at embark
Quote from: Syndic
Sentry towers, manned by orang-utangs./quote]

Seraphyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3500 on: April 16, 2012, 10:02:00 am »

@Lockesly

Thanks for that tip. I guess I'll be using the manager more often then.

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3501 on: April 16, 2012, 10:18:07 am »

Also, the Crematorium hotkey is the same as the Magma Metallurgist, which is I

While we're on the Crematorium - with the new clothing changes, I would be ecstatic if the Crematorium's 'burn clothing' options could be changed to burn 'x Clothing x' instead of good clothing! 

2nd issue - my Crematorium worked fine for the first two years of my fortress burning vermin remains, excellent production chain going on (remains->ash->potash->farms).  Then suddenly, the Crematorium stopped working for vermin.  Other options like burning clothing works, but cremating vermin remains a red reaction.  The remains are not forbidden, my dwarves have refuse hauling enabled and happily move remains around, burrows are off, vermin remains-only stockpile right next to Crematorium, none of the Crematorium building items are forbidden (it will burn clothing ok), it is inside so the outdoor hauling orders should not affect it... wth?
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.

Lockesly L`Crit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3502 on: April 16, 2012, 12:00:16 pm »

2nd issue - my Crematorium worked fine for the first two years of my fortress burning vermin remains, excellent production chain going on (remains->ash->potash->farms).  Then suddenly, the Crematorium stopped working for vermin.  Other options like burning clothing works, but cremating vermin remains a red reaction.  The remains are not forbidden, my dwarves have refuse hauling enabled and happily move remains around, burrows are off, vermin remains-only stockpile right next to Crematorium, none of the Crematorium building items are forbidden (it will burn clothing ok), it is inside so the outdoor hauling orders should not affect it... wth?

See my post directly above. Some of the new buildings and reactions kinda crap out at random times. Don't know why or how to get it back to working order, but queuing up jobs with the Manager works fine until it does.

------

While we're on the subject of the ash industry, the soap workshop's "make 10 soap" still only uses 1 lye. As long as you have a hunter or a breeding pair of animals, you will never run out of soap, and there's no reason to ever use the standard "make 1 soap" option when you could make 10 with the same amount of lye.

Throren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3503 on: April 16, 2012, 12:30:32 pm »

Tallow is ridiculously abundant in this mod to begin with, that bug just makes a too common resource even worse.

Has anyone else run into fortress born babies turning into warlocks and necromancers?  I've had 4 babies now, all born in my fortress to different parents all switch and go crazy.

Lockesly L`Crit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3504 on: April 16, 2012, 12:41:36 pm »

Tallow is ridiculously abundant in this mod to begin with, that bug just makes a too common resource even worse.

Has anyone else run into fortress born babies turning into warlocks and necromancers?  I've had 4 babies now, all born in my fortress to different parents all switch and go crazy.

Sadly, castes aren't hereditary, so a perfectly normal couple could have a baby that grows up to be a Concubine, or Savants, or (as you've seen) Secret Fun Stuff.

Throren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3505 on: April 16, 2012, 12:47:09 pm »

Interesting.  I didn't know that they're part of the caste system.  I've actually disabled that feature from the launcher since the Guildhall was removed, but I still picked up 1 immigrant that was Oathbound(fine by me, she is now SuperWoman, Champion of my Fortress.)

However, it was funny watching the warlock convert while being carried by it's mother.  It proceeded to latch onto the mother and run her around my fortress in an attempt to avoid my military.  Shame the mother took an axe to the face that was meant for her little demonchild.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3506 on: April 16, 2012, 05:17:20 pm »

I know that this may or may not have been asked before, but can someone clarify for me something?

What are these "Hidden Case", "Rusty Weapon", Collapsed Brick", "Rusty Armor" and the like and how do I use them? I assume it has something to do with archaeology, but I'm not sure about every one.

Secondly, what is a syndrome arrow, how are they used/made, and do dwarves utilize these normally.

Last, why is it that in one world Tears of Armok were PERFECTLY mineable and did not go about causing chaos, yet in this particular world they have a ring of water around 'em?

Thanks in advance for any help.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3507 on: April 16, 2012, 05:40:26 pm »

whats wrong with dumping the skill essence in front of it? >>

I know that this may or may not have been asked before, but can someone clarify for me something?

What are these "Hidden Case", "Rusty Weapon", Collapsed Brick", "Rusty Armor" and the like and how do I use them? I assume it has something to do with archaeology, but I'm not sure about every one.

Secondly, what is a syndrome arrow, how are they used/made, and do dwarves utilize these normally.

Last, why is it that in one world Tears of Armok were PERFECTLY mineable and did not go about causing chaos, yet in this particular world they have a ring of water around 'em?

Thanks in advance for any help.

hidden case - weapons traps ect are for your archeologist workshop, collapsed brick is the vein of matieral that leads you to them (make sure they are on the same Z level)

Tears of Armok are gems with the aquafier tag, limitless water.. happy flooding

I keep my turrets on the top of guard towers 1 z-level higher than the ground, with fortifications surrounding them. What turrets are you using, by the way?

what Turrets do YOU use, when i put my slade / bullet turrets on parapets behind fortifications. little goblins with patriot Turret seeking Arrows fire just one shot, everytime. and break them. without fail.

Fortress Story - 1.7.2
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 06:02:46 pm by Fairin »

the_game_hunt

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_MERCY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3508 on: April 16, 2012, 06:05:18 pm »

Am I the only or this mod has something (actually all but new combat logs) that messes up DF. I dont know,rifles,automatons,magic...

This doesnt fit on DF, at least for me.

Im really impressed by this mod,so much stuff (smiths forge metal list is extremely dissorganized). But again, this mod doesnt fit at all.
The spinning (silk shoe) strikes the Baron in the left upper arm, bruising the skin!
The Baron has been shot and killed.

WARNING! I'm not responsible for damaging/destroying your post!

Sasha-

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3509 on: April 16, 2012, 06:25:21 pm »

So I'm playing with almost all of the features disabled and ran into a problem with coarse iron. I can't do anything with it since I dont have access to the crucible. Can I somehow modify the game files so that the required reaction can be done at the smelter/magma smelter?

Also I think there should be an option to disable the new animal training system.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 06:42:54 pm by Sasha- »
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 749