Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1836853 times)

Geneoce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.7.2 NEW: Music for the Masses
« Reply #3480 on: April 15, 2012, 04:12:54 am »

Thanks Zach. Shame, ill just have to use massed concubine for insta-army.

Bit strange having "golem children" running around but atleast the mental image that comes to mind when one punches a greenskin in the skull, ramming the skull into the brain, makes me d'awwwww
I don't care that the vacuum people are promising a blowjob machine in the future. I'll buy it then if they ever deliver.

Lockesly L`Crit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3481 on: April 15, 2012, 04:34:54 am »

Bit strange having "golem children" running around but atleast the mental image that comes to mind when one punches a greenskin in the skull, ramming the skull into the brain, makes me d'awwwww

*sniff* They grow up so fast!

DorfMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3482 on: April 15, 2012, 06:48:56 am »

Meph, could you add bone arrows reaction perhaps? I tend to like using bows because goblins are so kind and bring nice ones to me every time. 

Geneoce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3483 on: April 15, 2012, 10:21:19 am »

*sniff* They grow up so fast!
[/quote]

Heh Yeah concubines seem the way to go. Tis a shame, I had an entire burrow/pasture assembly line going for my broodslave-golem-hell mastery program.

Now if only I can get that no dwarfs embark....One way to reclaim the world  :D
I don't care that the vacuum people are promising a blowjob machine in the future. I'll buy it then if they ever deliver.

Throren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3484 on: April 15, 2012, 11:44:05 am »

I thought I saw this answer earlier, but I can't seem to find it now.  How can I keep my dwarfs from trying to collect the slade and copper projectiles my turrets fire?

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3485 on: April 15, 2012, 12:37:32 pm »

edited my post but it seems no one saw, looking at the raws says a concubine shouldn't be able to become a golem

he declares each caste skipping concubine : /

although i could be wrong and it works
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

HammerDave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3486 on: April 15, 2012, 02:46:41 pm »

Is there a trick to get turrets to fire on enemies?  I have had some pastured behind fortifications but within LOS of revealed thieves and the occasional ambush, and nothing ever happened.  Previous ambush they were in the open and just got shot by aim-for-ya-throats.

I also noticed the dead ones show as "missing" because the deconstructed mechanisms aren't recognized as body parts.   ;)

Also never got an answer from my previous question.  With dangerous smelting turned off, what would cause furnace operators to randomly bleed to death at magma arc furnaces?  At first I thought it was a magma critter popping them from below, but the magma channel is behind a fortification and there are no observable critters down there right after the event.

The music thing sounds interesting.  Guess I'll download and give it a try.   :D

Seraphyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3487 on: April 15, 2012, 02:50:34 pm »

Just a minor text error:

Also, the Crematorium hotkey is the same as the Magma Metallurgist, which is I
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 03:19:33 pm by Seraphyx »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3488 on: April 15, 2012, 04:01:10 pm »

Hey is there a way to remove the Odd stone types such as the Bloodstone and such and return it to a more natural vanilla feel while leaving in the Masterwork ores and such. I really hate the look and idea of them as natural stone on surface level, if they were more lower in the depth meter such as having the bloodstone make up parts of the 3rd cavern and the fungi one the 2nd or heck having the bloodstone part of HFS stone areas (if even possible) would be nicer. I feel that it breaks too far away from natural looking mountains when there is exposed bleeding stone...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3489 on: April 15, 2012, 04:25:30 pm »

i think turrets have to be adjacent to the fortification

can you be a bit more specific what you're doing for the bleeding to death at the magma arc furnace?

misc features - less solid rock, bottom left
it puts living stone back to bauxite and cave fungus to microcline among other stones
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #3490 on: April 15, 2012, 05:10:31 pm »

I found a problem with the "pray for drink" reaction in the Altar of Armok. It creates a barrel of plump helmet none instead of dwarven wine. In the last space in the product line, you need to replace PLANT with DRINK.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3491 on: April 15, 2012, 05:27:49 pm »

Yo, just noticed you added the brains (yay), could you add my name in the OP's credit list? thanks :)

To all the Masterwork players, how are you guys finding the brain changes to be? Working well enough or still getting a lot of silly deaths?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 05:32:17 pm by Orkel »
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3492 on: April 15, 2012, 06:13:38 pm »

Is there a trick to get turrets to fire on enemies?  I have had some pastured behind fortifications but within LOS of revealed thieves and the occasional ambush, and nothing ever happened.  Previous ambush they were in the open and just got shot by aim-for-ya-throats.

As with all creatures having projectile attacks, they need a clear, unblocked path to the target (even if they don't necessarily fire along the path or move toward the target to shoot). If the turret was pastured in a room completely surrounded by fortifications (e.g. you dropped it in from above), or locked (or sealed mechanically) the door after putting the turret inside it, or channeled out, without ramps, a moat around it, it won't have a valid path to reach the target, and won't attempt to engage, and thus won't fire.

Lockesly L`Crit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3493 on: April 15, 2012, 08:55:13 pm »

I'm looking at the raws using Beyond Compare 3. The changes from 1.7.1 in a few select files (minus the obvious changes from the changelog):

creature_standard.txt
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

inorganic_zmasterwork.txt

entity_default.txt

creature_slave.txt

item_shield.txt

All in all, a good patch. Though, some things in creature_standard make me scratch my head.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3494 on: April 15, 2012, 09:04:14 pm »

As with all creatures having projectile attacks, they need a clear, unblocked path to the target (even if they don't necessarily fire along the path or move toward the target to shoot). If the turret was pastured in a room completely surrounded by fortifications (e.g. you dropped it in from above), or locked (or sealed mechanically) the door after putting the turret inside it, or channeled out, without ramps, a moat around it, it won't have a valid path to reach the target, and won't attempt to engage, and thus won't fire.

I believe this changed due to a recent Toady patch, and now dragons, giant cave spiders, and turrets seem to fire without necessarily having a path (although turrets still only fire if they're directly up against the fortification)
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 749