Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1836778 times)

Lockesly L`Crit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.7.1 NEW: Trade System & Armor Sets
« Reply #3465 on: April 14, 2012, 04:54:13 pm »

What skill does the music use, and how does the cleaning song work?

I'm guessing, and don't quote me on this, that it cleans up the LIQUID_GLOB stuff left by turrets and other natural attacks, and blood smears. Could be wrong, though. Without any word from Meph, all of it is speculation.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3466 on: April 14, 2012, 06:43:00 pm »

Word from Meph: Cleaning song works like this: You got 20 bloodsmeared military dwarves hanging around your dining hall ? Their inventory is covered in blood, mud and vomit ? No problem, play a perfect tune and all are clean. Works like the cat cleaning interaction.

More Info about music:
There are 3 instruments for each race, makes 12 total. There are 12 songs. You need 1 instrument and the music stage for it. One dwarf will play a song, using the Coordination skill. The reaction produces a boiling stone that affects the dwarf, and he can do an interaction for a short time. This interaction targets any dwarf within earshot (25 tiles, line of sight) and applies the effect. Only one effect can be active at the same time, so you can make your dwarves faster OR stronger OR give them no fear... and so on. Only exception is the bonerattle, it will wake any dead in the area, as friendly corpses, but your civilians will still flee. Dont know if anyone can find a use for it, but I like the idea regardless.

About the Evil races: Their are done. Optional of course. You can play with dwarf sieges now, or only evil elves. Or only good elves. Or good and evil elves. However you like.

Another big change is skill essence fractures. I often read in this thread that people liked killing megabeasts because of the essence. Well... about 10% of all invaders, and higher percentage for automatons and frost giants will leave a "skill essence fracture" now. Combine 3 of those, get a skill essence. Speaking of Frost Giants: They have a new creature, I finally balanced them. Golems as well. Works well in Arena, but untested in Fortress Mode. And I made new sprites for them as well,

Someone asked about a pet guide as well, so here you go. Warning, big image:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The other new sprites:

Full Changelog:

Oh, and I linked Mithril to Galena and native Silver veins. Just follow the veins to find this rare mineral easier. And the "Blessing of Armok" Gems are real awesome, the dwarves that mine them are super fast for 1 month. I think I mentioned this, but it works amazingly in Fortress mode. :) I only have problem assigning the proper Pets to all the races, since the new pet-system fro today messes everything up and I dont know how to solve it yet.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3467 on: April 14, 2012, 07:17:54 pm »

that looks amazing and awe inspiring, now if mine carts would come out..

my suggestion to get the pets to the right race would be a caste that secreted a magic rock that transforms that caste into the pet
just make the caste have a short maxage so it can't visit your fort and less problems

thank you for the creature guide!

only dislike is the blood goat/blood wine but i'll just ignore it
oh and flaming skulls

last fort: had 200ish logs cut outside for coal/traps, flaming skulls burnt all but 8 due to rain, cage traps of wooden mechanisms burn T.T, then slaughtered 5 of my 22 dwarfs (pop_cap:8 ) and 2 horses, the skulls keep there distance but the corners in my fort let my dwarfs get to close..almost had a rage quit but a hauler was staring at the moon and i wanted to watch... i did good that fort imo, no one had anything above dabbling in social skills
one breath of fire is pretty much insta-kill on civilians, from what i witnessed : /
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3468 on: April 14, 2012, 07:28:29 pm »

• Music Stage - Play up to 12 different songs to boost your dwarves
  • Evil Races - Evil Doppelgangers of Dwarves, Elves, Humans and Drow to fight
  • Magic Gems - Search for Armoks Metal and the Blessing of Armok deep underground
  • New Frost Giants - Rebalanced and with new sprites
  • Skill Essence Fractures - Kill invaders for skill essences, get a free legendary skill
  • Magic Elven Potions - Buy up to 5 different special plants from elves
  • New Bird Button - Remove up to 100 bird types, to have more ground-enemies to fight
  • Pet Guide - Short graphical guide on all pets you can aquire
  • Minor fixes, as always.

Special Thanks
To Naryar for his demons. I included them from the very start, but always thought they were deons... And thanks at Lycaeon for the idea I based the music system on. :)

Full Changelog:

Known Issues:
 - Manual not yet updated.
 - Drow/Elven Pet Trading might be off by a few creatures.

PS: @zach123: Flaming skulls are rarer now, instead of 20%, only 5% of the burning skulls can breath fire now. The clothing is the problem, armor holds fine against fire.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 07:30:35 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Lockesly L`Crit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3469 on: April 14, 2012, 08:23:27 pm »

Only exception is the bonerattle, it will wake any dead in the area, as friendly corpses, but your civilians will still flee. Dont know if anyone can find a use for it, but I like the idea regardless.

First line of defense against an invasion, like a Quantum Kitten Cage.

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.7.2 NEW: Music for the Masses
« Reply #3470 on: April 14, 2012, 09:52:12 pm »

I don't know if anyone has covered this, but I was able to appoint my Steel Golem Militia Captain to the Baron position.

He shows as wanting the Baron's quarters but I am unable to assign them to him as he shows as a pet, also he just ended a mandate, I don't recall him issuing one but that might have been missed in error message spam. The thing is though it is impossible to see what mandates he has issued as viewing the position just brings you to the Golem description.

I have no idea if he is getting a bad thought from this or not, but nothing has shown up on the Justice screen.

Unrelated to the above problem, he was also turned to a Golem while tired, and now shows "tired" eternally on his wounds screen, though it hasn't seemed to bother him in combat or whatever.

Milkbot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • dA Page
« Reply #3471 on: April 14, 2012, 10:07:35 pm »

Do  you think we could get bark scraps to be burnt into ash at the crematorium? Maybe 2 bark scraps to one bar of ash?

With few trees, all my scraplogs are going to charcoal as magma is proving tricky. But I need ash for farms so I don't starve, and also for some nice glass or soap.
(*v*  )         FRO-
/(  .    )\         STED
_|   _|             BUTTS

Seraphyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3472 on: April 14, 2012, 10:32:58 pm »

In the latest version temperature was turned off by default. Is that intentional? Seems kind of weird since I've seen it cause a lot of problems to other people when it was turned off.

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3473 on: April 14, 2012, 10:36:16 pm »

I don't know if anyone has covered this, but I was able to appoint my Steel Golem Militia Captain to the Baron position.

I had this happen.  It actually works out fine, because golems don't have emotion, so they never get upset about not having rooms or getting mandates.

dukea42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3474 on: April 14, 2012, 10:56:47 pm »

Can't wait to setup a bonerattle stage on the other side of fortifications from the bottom of my enemy pit.  All survivors must now battle the dead for their lives!  (assuming it will all work like that?)
My posts are probably based on Masterwork DF mod

Lockesly L`Crit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3475 on: April 14, 2012, 11:01:32 pm »

Do  you think we could get bark scraps to be burnt into ash at the crematorium? Maybe 2 bark scraps to one bar of ash?

With few trees, all my scraplogs are going to charcoal as magma is proving tricky. But I need ash for farms so I don't starve, and also for some nice glass or soap.

Grab a cat and/or a hunter. Use the crematorium to cremate vermin and bodyparts. You'll get ash every time.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3476 on: April 15, 2012, 12:28:15 am »

I have wild armored horses, is this intended?

Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Geneoce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3477 on: April 15, 2012, 01:27:30 am »

I know its a simple fix but how does one go about making broodslaves golem-able?
I don't care that the vacuum people are promising a blowjob machine in the future. I'll buy it then if they ever deliver.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #3478 on: April 15, 2012, 03:16:58 am »

Did you ever figure out what was making it so you couldn't order pets from the drow?
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3479 on: April 15, 2012, 03:54:25 am »

i believe slaves cannot be golem or anything aside from slaves because they have gone through a transformation

same reason why meph took out guildhalls, couldn't be a dwarf of a guild then transform into a mage

1 transform per creature, slaves are already transformed

edit: just tried with concubines, doesn't work : /
looks like it targets specific dwarf castes
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 03:59:11 am by zach123b »
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 749