Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1836644 times)

lewtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.7.1 NEW: Trade System & Armor Sets
« Reply #3375 on: April 09, 2012, 07:35:42 pm »

Couple things..  Anyone know how to deal with the bog crawlers?  Got them in my kitchen biting my chickens.. not killing them.. just biting them...

Also I seem to have just gotten superman in dwarf form Migrate to my settlement:

Nalthish Daradthikut
6 yr old Child

Toughness: 4793 "Basically Unbreakable"
Repuperation: 3829 "Possessed of amazing recurperative powers"
Strength: 3003 "Unbelievably Strong"
Social Awareness: 2248
Willpower 2176
Analytical 2109
Patience 1746
Endurance 1544
Memory 1517
Agility 1430
..the list goes on.. has like 5 other personality traits at 1100-1500..

If only my fortress survives long enough for him to be my 1 dwarf wrecking crew of doom.

masquerine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3376 on: April 09, 2012, 08:15:02 pm »

Bog crawlers are vermin I think, so send the cats or frill lizards to the area. Pasturing them there with i>n>N will keep them there to feast upon the bog crawlers. I had one fort with a ton of bog crawlers. Everything they continuously bit vomited. I lacked cats and frill lizards.

Do the magma maggots from the cavern layer start fires? I've had a few unexplained fires in my forts and I think those might be the cause. Anyone confirm?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 08:17:23 pm by masquerine »

Throren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3377 on: April 10, 2012, 12:09:42 am »

Something I haven't been able to find - what use are the epic books that you are randomly given?  My dwarfs don't seem to want to use them as reading material..

Kaleb702 Games

• Bay Watcher
  • nearlyNonexistent
    • View Profile
    • My YYG Account
« Reply #3378 on: April 10, 2012, 01:28:38 am »

I can't disable the mods... the 'save settings' button doesn't turn them off.
Quote from: Rose Lalonde, Seer of Light
One simple word can so easily begin a story in a very thick book.

andy_t_roo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3379 on: April 10, 2012, 01:41:14 am »

Do the magma maggots from the cavern layer start fires? I've had a few unexplained fires in my forts and I think those might be the cause. Anyone confirm?
I've taken to paving my hallways on dirt levels to make "fire brakes" after my last fire burnt through the floor on the floor of the room holding some of my animals (none survived, so i've no more breeding pairs of of mastifs or horses. I guess i'll just have guard-geese for now ....
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
Hell if I know.  Pretty humourous suggestion, but utterly useless in the case of roleplaying, if indeed the whole game world was one whole huge ass field of fruit.

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3380 on: April 10, 2012, 05:36:30 am »

If you mean on an already created world, that's normal, the option will tay a it was when it was created, it is a feature of dwarf fortress, not just this mod.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

thetyler101

• Bay Watcher
  • [SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3381 on: April 10, 2012, 09:08:47 am »

Somebody probably asked this already but, how hard would it be to add a custom race to this mod?

Give that bitch some stone crafts, bitches love stone crafts.

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3382 on: April 10, 2012, 09:49:48 am »

i already added my own custom race (desert scorpions) which they aren't that hard to add, just depends on how much detail you want them to have i guess
just copy the dwarf entity for them and go through it to pick which things you don't want your new race to have

just ended my last fort of 2-3 years due to goblins being trap avoid and coming as about 5-7 ambushes at once, they had giant drow spiders and a cave crocodile leader, had a name at least
i can't order any pets from drows (2nd game i noticed it) yet the goblins have there spiders.. i see the spiders are underground while they can't use underground pets and they start on any land yet most of the animals are grassland stuff, they embark in a desert and no drow pets : /
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

Lockesly L`Crit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3383 on: April 10, 2012, 10:13:46 am »

i already added my own custom race (desert scorpions) which they aren't that hard to add, just depends on how much detail you want them to have i guess
just copy the dwarf entity for them and go through it to pick which things you don't want your new race to have

just ended my last fort of 2-3 years due to goblins being trap avoid and coming as about 5-7 ambushes at once, they had giant drow spiders and a cave crocodile leader, had a name at least
i can't order any pets from drows (2nd game i noticed it) yet the goblins have there spiders.. i see the spiders are underground while they can't use underground pets and they start on any land yet most of the animals are grassland stuff, they embark in a desert and no drow pets : /

Goblins have the [USE_EVIL_ANIMALS] and [USE_CAVE_ANIMALS] tags, and the Giant Drow Spiders have the [EVIL] and [BIOME:SUBTERRANEAN_CHASM] tags. That's why Goblins can use them.

Drow have the [COMMON_DOMESTIC_PET] tag commented out, which disables pets from trading. According to the raw, "this should remove golems/landmines/turrets from them."

DOOMCHUG

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you
    • View Profile
« Reply #3384 on: April 10, 2012, 10:14:26 am »

is there anyway i can play with ironhand tileset?

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3385 on: April 10, 2012, 10:18:29 am »

sad i can't have slaves without modding some to have them :(

the goblins having them didn't bother me as much as the drows not having anything really worth trading
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

Talanic

• Bay Watcher
  • Struggling author / pizza delivery guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3386 on: April 10, 2012, 12:53:29 pm »

There's a problem with the creation of armor sets, sadly - although the bug involved might be fixed as far as I know.  When you have an armorsmith make boots, usually you get two boots of the same quality level.  Dwarves looking for foot armor try to find two pieces of the same quality level and wear one on each foot; if they can't find that, they might equip two on the same foot.
I'm an aspiring Science Fiction and Fantasy writer.  I'm telling the tale of a hapless cyborg everyman lost in a savage fantasy world.

My first review from a real magazine!

Kaleb702 Games

• Bay Watcher
  • nearlyNonexistent
    • View Profile
    • My YYG Account
« Reply #3387 on: April 10, 2012, 04:25:48 pm »

If you mean on an already created world, that's normal, the option will tay a it was when it was created, it is a feature of dwarf fortress, not just this mod.
No; I mean I create a new world, and the mods that I set to "OFF" are in the new world.

EDIT:
For instance, I make a world with default settings. I have turrets. Mmkay, decide I don't want those. Scrap that world, close DF, turn turrets OFF in the settings, then save settings. Then I hit "create new world" after re-opening DF. Still turrets available.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 04:28:37 pm by Kaleb702 Games »

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3388 on: April 10, 2012, 04:56:52 pm »

As far as I know, save settings is not required for it to work.
At least I never used it and my changes were always made for my new worlds.

You might want to start from a fresh archive extracted and just check/uncheck, launch and see if it worked.

If it doesn't, then I have no idea why, because it does work for me at least.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

Kaleb702 Games

• Bay Watcher
  • nearlyNonexistent
    • View Profile
    • My YYG Account
« Reply #3389 on: April 10, 2012, 05:20:28 pm »

Tried that; same result. Tried giving admin privs; same result.
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 749