Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1836562 times)

UncleCern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.7.1 NEW: Trade System & Armor Sets
« Reply #3345 on: April 08, 2012, 10:06:33 am »

The combat of this mode is very, VERY strange.
EVERY soldier of my fortress has severed motor nerves.
A dagger cut in two a dog.
A dog ripped out the upper body of a goblin (0.0)
And a lot of things more.
Uninstalling mod.... *DERP*

As zach said above, daggers in Dwarf Fortress are not what you're probably thinking a dagger is in real life. Df daggers are bigger, and against a completely unarmored dog it is entirely plausible to slice it in two. Sharp object>flesh. Dogs have a mouth full of teeth and a powerful jaw. When they latch onto something fleshy you can expect them to rip it apart. Useless against armored foes though, if they happen to bite the armored part. Goblins are not known for being heavily armored, and they are small creatures.

What part of your dwarves was injured to get the motor nerve damage? The motor nerve damage is related to what part got injured. So if a soldier gets it's arm mangled, the arm might have motor nerve damage which would make it hard for it to grasp things.

Sounds like combat is working as intended. I don't see how any of that would be an issue. You kind of want creatures to be sliced in two and have your dogs tear of unarmored creatures, wouldn't you? I know I would!

To help prevent motor nerve damage, equip your soldiers in full metal armor. I looked over some combat reports from a white tigerman with a bronze zweihander against my steel clad spear squad. His attacks were deflected off of boots and gauntlets before they bashed his arms with their shields and broke both so he couldn't defend himself. On the other hand, one on a giant moth flanked around to my crossbow squad and had a field day with them. They only had leather armor at the time and he was slicing parts off. Oops. The few that survived had some kind of motor nerve damage on the mangled parts. One of them is currently trying to pick up a soap bar to put it in a stockpile. He's been trying to do it for months. He has one arm and it's horribly damaged. Poor guy.

I do know that DF dagger large ( their names say it). BUT, if you say the dog is fairly small, how could 1 untrained unarmored dog can detach the upper body of a goblin?

If a dwarf can bite the goblin's head off I can't see why dog couldn't detach goblin's upper body the same way. Welcome to dwarven physics :]
Welcome to the mad, mad world of RAW errors or duplication. Somewhere you have files which dont quite add up, and crazy shit happens(..) There are instances of this where you can adventure as a fly, or embark with wagonmeat, wearing shoes made of burning soap(..)

DF is so awesome that it doesnt just crash, it crates batshit crazy worlds where intelligent chairs farm dragons and make houses out of thier toenails.

allison

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3346 on: April 08, 2012, 10:48:15 am »

So I read in the manual about slade mauls and goblin golf, and thought I'd give it a try. Looks like it's not quite working?

I've got a squad of legendary+5 hammerdwarves, danger-room trained to unbelievable strength and endurance, and all they seem to be doing with their shiny new slade mauls is bruising invaders until someone gets a lucky headshot, not a single enemy sent flying yet...

tesarro

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3347 on: April 08, 2012, 12:24:55 pm »

In the 1.7 version if you try to turn off landmines or turrets from the masterwork launcher it does nothing it seems. They are still available at embark and show up in game.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3348 on: April 08, 2012, 12:55:29 pm »

The RNG in this mod screws me over again and again.
I cannot seem to gen a world where I can play as Dwarves.
I keep looking at the raws but the problem persists!

edit: And yes, it's this mod I am using..
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 01:21:56 pm by Ultimuh »

firons2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3349 on: April 08, 2012, 01:20:04 pm »

Is it possible to turn off/remove DFHack ?

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3350 on: April 08, 2012, 01:35:07 pm »

in this mod dogs are 1/2 the size of a goblin or dwarf which would be hard to believe it could rip its upper body out, maybe if he was badly wounded
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

if you can only play only as humans then it's the raws, at least i believe it is cause humans are the first creature it picks to use if dwarves are missing

no idea on the landmines/turrets but from what i see, they're in a text file that has some stuff that probably would make the game unplayable : /

i believe dfhack replaces the file SDL.dll file so it's ran when dwarf fortress is, download the vanilla version and copy that into the game file with the dwarf fortress execute but you might want to save the sdl.dll file for later which i'd just rename it
it won't run if you delete the sdl file though
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

Throren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3351 on: April 08, 2012, 02:43:05 pm »

Hey, I'm a newbie to this mod, and I've run into an issue that I can't figure out.

Within a month or two of settling my first fortress, my dwarfs have been reporting issues with their heart and lungs.  Not enough to keep them from working, but enough to keep them coughing up blood and slow them down a bit.  This started well before I ran into any mega-beasts/titans/ect, any idea what might be causing this "syndrome"?

*Edit - Also, is there anywhere I can find a list of what stockpiles correspond with the items this mod has added? Stacks of paper, blueprints, ect, don't seem to have a stockpile that I can find.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 02:57:28 pm by Throren »

firons2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3352 on: April 08, 2012, 03:32:50 pm »

Lol  a wave of 25 migrants arrived and i spent 5 minutes looking at the dwarf thewapist and sacrificing them to armok

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3353 on: April 08, 2012, 03:43:18 pm »

the lung/heart damage is from the harder mining option, makes coal give off a dust that slowly poisons your miners
have to be careful when mining as there are warp stone rocks, the unstable ones that are in small clusters will kill your miners while the lesser forms veins and will cause mild symptoms

mm paper looks like it's classified as a toy, same for blueprints
just looked in the raws and searched for it, found them in the reaction_masterwork file
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

Throren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3354 on: April 08, 2012, 03:56:55 pm »

Thanks for the location on those raws. 

I am not sure it's a mining thing.  Almost my entire population is having problems with this disease, and harder mining is turned off.  Harder Smelting however, isn't.  Could Metal poisoning somehow spread to my non-smelters as well?

Cusi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3355 on: April 08, 2012, 04:42:29 pm »

I am not sure it's a mining thing.  Almost my entire population is having problems with this disease, and harder mining is turned off.  Harder Smelting however, isn't.  Could Metal poisoning somehow spread to my non-smelters as well?

It could be metal poisoning, say a smelter gets poisoned and when taking a drink, leaves  trace at the barrel. There are more diseases/symptoms in this mod, and there may even be an option to turn it off. Some are a bit mysterious, I remember I had a vomiting scare where my whole fort almost became green. Tons and tons of alcohol cured it I think, that or death.

Blueprints are miscellaneous, maybe paper as well, next time the merchants come see where they put the items in their "What do you want?" list when you order your next shipment.

Flobulon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3356 on: April 08, 2012, 04:59:32 pm »

So this just happened:

I don't know if it's intended behaviour or not, but it's brilliant either way.

-F

Lockesly L`Crit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3357 on: April 08, 2012, 05:20:49 pm »

So this just happened:

I don't know if it's intended behaviour or not, but it's brilliant either way.

-F

The raptor wanted to have a dapper look while maintaining combat efficiency.

alagon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3358 on: April 08, 2012, 05:22:44 pm »

Meph,

I abandoned my 1.61 fort, now engaging in 1.71 with a new one.

So far, I notice two things today.

First, the crayfish shell was considered as leather?? I found my tanner grabbed the fish shells, and tanned them into leather. Don't know if this was considered similar as chintin plate stuff. 

Also, I thought you solved the problem in 1.61 era. However, I still notice while using load only ore option, my dwarf still load my mining cart with mixed ore and economic stone at the same time.

And, I just been sieged by a bunch beak wolves, and with a camel ride by the side of the siege force. (And a beak wolf hunter seemed to ride it into battle, lol). Don't know if it was intended though.

Other than that, everything ran smoothly in 1.71 in my opinion! New creature spirites worked as charm!!

Throren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3359 on: April 08, 2012, 05:57:57 pm »

It could be metal poisoning, say a smelter gets poisoned and when taking a drink, leaves  trace at the barrel. There are more diseases/symptoms in this mod, and there may even be an option to turn it off. Some are a bit mysterious, I remember I had a vomiting scare where my whole fort almost became green. Tons and tons of alcohol cured it I think, that or death.

Blueprints are miscellaneous, maybe paper as well, next time the merchants come see where they put the items in their "What do you want?" list when you order your next shipment.

Don't think I'll be able to turn it off w/o starting a new world. 

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like my Hospital has been much use in identifying whatever this is and treating it, and I've got 3 High Master diagnosticians. Any ideas on how to get rid of this stuff?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 06:00:00 pm by Throren »
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 749