Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223] 224 225 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1836502 times)

YuriRuler90

• Bay Watcher
  • We will bury you!
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.7.1 NEW: Trade System & Armor Sets
« Reply #3330 on: April 07, 2012, 12:11:46 pm »

My militia commander - "He likes . . . and turrets for their whirring mechanisms."

Hehe, awesome.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
Re: MASTERWORK Dwarf Fortress - v1.7.1 NEW: Trade System & Armor Sets
« Reply #3331 on: April 07, 2012, 12:45:27 pm »

I had a dwarf who liked "Giant leopards for their abandonment  of comical sleeping postures due to the fact that they no longer fit in trees." 
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3332 on: April 07, 2012, 01:08:14 pm »

My 3 year militia commander got his foot chopped off so i checked his description.

he likes corpses, magma, steel, etc, etc, badass stuff.

now i understand why he prospered as a militia commander, though he does like goblins as well... who cares, just means he gets 2 happy thoughts from killing them.

Tolisk

• Bay Watcher
  • [ANGRY_MAMMOTH=TRUE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3333 on: April 07, 2012, 01:49:17 pm »

I got a problem with one of the buildings, i got the stuff but the slade throne for it wont register as a slade throne for it to use.

Any help as to why this is?
In the grim darkness of DF, there can be only FUN

Lockesly L`Crit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3334 on: April 07, 2012, 03:19:15 pm »

Also: Enemy War Elephants come with weapons but drop them as soon as they enter the map and leave them there. They are wearing armor just fine though.

I believe the problem can be found in the entity_fortdefense_easy.txt raw.

For example, here's the entry for Tigermen:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And the War Elephants:

So without the [WEAPON:*] tag, the War Elephants will bring bows, mauls, and scimitars, but will drop them at the edge of the map.

That's my own hypothesis anyway. I don't mind, as it's free steel and silver once the siege passes. :D

Lockesly L`Crit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3335 on: April 07, 2012, 03:32:39 pm »

I got a problem with one of the buildings, i got the stuff but the slade throne for it wont register as a slade throne for it to use.

Any help as to why this is?

Did you build the throne yet, or are you unable to make the throne? Also, are you using the slade boulder or slade bars?

Tolisk

• Bay Watcher
  • [ANGRY_MAMMOTH=TRUE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3336 on: April 07, 2012, 08:20:58 pm »

Slade bars, it was built, and it wouldn't be used to build the church of the dark depths.

Lockesly L`Crit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3337 on: April 07, 2012, 10:20:15 pm »

Slade bars, it was built, and it wouldn't be used to build the church of the dark depths.

I'm looking at the raws now.

Building:

Slade:

Looks like you need to use slade rock instead of slade bars to make the throne.

the_game_hunt

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_MERCY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3338 on: April 07, 2012, 11:47:54 pm »

The combat of this mode is very, VERY strange.

EVERY soldier of my fortress has severed motor nerves.

A dagger cut in two a dog.

A dog ripped out the upper body of a goblin (0.0)

And a lot of things more.

Uninstalling mod.... *DERP*
The spinning (silk shoe) strikes the Baron in the left upper arm, bruising the skin!
The Baron has been shot and killed.

WARNING! I'm not responsible for damaging/destroying your post!

Tolisk

• Bay Watcher
  • [ANGRY_MAMMOTH=TRUE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3339 on: April 08, 2012, 12:15:11 am »

They dont want to use the rock, even when its right net to the masonry

Tolisk

• Bay Watcher
  • [ANGRY_MAMMOTH=TRUE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3340 on: April 08, 2012, 12:24:32 am »

Found out why it wasnt grabbing the slade for the throne, you need to enable it cause its economic for making slade bars.

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3341 on: April 08, 2012, 12:54:09 am »

i believe the severed motor nerves is another mod meph added that makes it so a broken arm means he can't grasp with that arm, adds some challenge while making it a bit more realistic imo so the crippling part is working as intended, just search for abs (advanced bone structure)
a large dagger might cut a dog in two, a large dagger is 2/3 the size of a short sword and 1/4 size of an axe and a dog is fairly small, what sliced him?
love to see some screen shots of the upper body thing, sounds epic lol
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

masquerine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3342 on: April 08, 2012, 08:31:18 am »

As zach said above, daggers in Dwarf Fortress are not what you're probably thinking a dagger is in real life. Df daggers are bigger, and against a completely unarmored dog it is entirely plausible to slice it in two. Sharp object>flesh. Dogs have a mouth full of teeth and a powerful jaw. When they latch onto something fleshy you can expect them to rip it apart. Useless against armored foes though, if they happen to bite the armored part. Goblins are not known for being heavily armored, and they are small creatures.

What part of your dwarves was injured to get the motor nerve damage? The motor nerve damage is related to what part got injured. So if a soldier gets it's arm mangled, the arm might have motor nerve damage which would make it hard for it to grasp things.

Sounds like combat is working as intended. I don't see how any of that would be an issue. You kind of want creatures to be sliced in two and have your dogs tear of unarmored creatures, wouldn't you? I know I would!

To help prevent motor nerve damage, equip your soldiers in full metal armor. I looked over some combat reports from a white tigerman with a bronze zweihander against my steel clad spear squad. His attacks were deflected off of boots and gauntlets before they bashed his arms with their shields and broke both so he couldn't defend himself. On the other hand, one on a giant moth flanked around to my crossbow squad and had a field day with them. They only had leather armor at the time and he was slicing parts off. Oops. The few that survived had some kind of motor nerve damage on the mangled parts. One of them is currently trying to pick up a soap bar to put it in a stockpile. He's been trying to do it for months. He has one arm and it's horribly damaged. Poor guy.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 08:34:39 am by masquerine »

BeserkNINJA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3343 on: April 08, 2012, 08:35:51 am »

is it possible fr me to update my save games from the last edition of the mod to work with the new one.

I would rather not lose my current fort

the_game_hunt

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_MERCY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3344 on: April 08, 2012, 10:02:58 am »

As zach said above, daggers in Dwarf Fortress are not what you're probably thinking a dagger is in real life. Df daggers are bigger, and against a completely unarmored dog it is entirely plausible to slice it in two. Sharp object>flesh. Dogs have a mouth full of teeth and a powerful jaw. When they latch onto something fleshy you can expect them to rip it apart. Useless against armored foes though, if they happen to bite the armored part. Goblins are not known for being heavily armored, and they are small creatures.

What part of your dwarves was injured to get the motor nerve damage? The motor nerve damage is related to what part got injured. So if a soldier gets it's arm mangled, the arm might have motor nerve damage which would make it hard for it to grasp things.

Sounds like combat is working as intended. I don't see how any of that would be an issue. You kind of want creatures to be sliced in two and have your dogs tear of unarmored creatures, wouldn't you? I know I would!

To help prevent motor nerve damage, equip your soldiers in full metal armor. I looked over some combat reports from a white tigerman with a bronze zweihander against my steel clad spear squad. His attacks were deflected off of boots and gauntlets before they bashed his arms with their shields and broke both so he couldn't defend himself. On the other hand, one on a giant moth flanked around to my crossbow squad and had a field day with them. They only had leather armor at the time and he was slicing parts off. Oops. The few that survived had some kind of motor nerve damage on the mangled parts. One of them is currently trying to pick up a soap bar to put it in a stockpile. He's been trying to do it for months. He has one arm and it's horribly damaged. Poor guy.

I do know that DF dagger large ( their names say it). BUT, if you say the dog is fairly small, how could 1 untrained unarmored dog can detach the upper body of a goblin?
The spinning (silk shoe) strikes the Baron in the left upper arm, bruising the skin!
The Baron has been shot and killed.

WARNING! I'm not responsible for damaging/destroying your post!
Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223] 224 225 ... 749