Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1836476 times)

andy_t_roo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.7.1 NEW: Trade System & Armor Sets
« Reply #3285 on: April 05, 2012, 07:21:44 am »

Anyone else having a problem with the Furniture Workshop making items from economic stone? I keep getting raw titanium doors and cobalite cabinets. :/
when "stone" is requested, the nearest stone is grabbed. unless you have a stockpile of non-economic stone closeby, that could be any material, ore, or economic rock. In masterwork almost all the rock materials are economic, so it is probably a stockpile problem.
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
Hell if I know.  Pretty humourous suggestion, but utterly useless in the case of roleplaying, if indeed the whole game world was one whole huge ass field of fruit.

Cusi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3286 on: April 05, 2012, 07:36:18 am »

Maybe a bug got some wild armoured horses on my latest fort

Year one nearly finished river froze so leaving big hole in my defence wall who attacks in winter?

No civ ever attacks in Winter. They are too busy sieging Santa Claus. I think ambushes, thief, and werewolves still might

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
Re: MASTERWORK Dwarf Fortress - v1.7.1 NEW: Trade System & Armor Sets
« Reply #3287 on: April 05, 2012, 09:06:41 am »

How do you get the mass furniture building stuff?
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Tehsapper

• Bay Watcher
  • Why, MrMayor? Whatever do you mean by "slade bed"?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3288 on: April 05, 2012, 10:17:31 am »

The idea of renaming all stone in "Standard stone", "Precious stone" and so on is just horrible. Then why not renaming all trees to "Standard tree", "Cavern tree" etc or all sand to just "Standard stand"? This game would lose a part of it's soul and possible learning value. At least I know that sphalerite is the ore of zinc.

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3289 on: April 05, 2012, 10:39:06 am »

Maybe a bug got some wild armoured horses on my latest fort

Year one nearly finished river froze so leaving big hole in my defence wall who attacks in winter?

No civ ever attacks in Winter. They are too busy sieging Santa Claus. I think ambushes, thief, and werewolves still might

Careful though, if you get a late autumn raid it might carry over into winter.  Has happened when I did things like "Not ready for them yet, close the gates for now".

The idea of renaming all stone in "Standard stone", "Precious stone" and so on is just horrible. Then why not renaming all trees to "Standard tree", "Cavern tree" etc or all sand to just "Standard stand"? This game would lose a part of it's soul and possible learning value. At least I know that sphalerite is the ore of zinc.

Ditto.  The thought of "Valuable stone" throne rooms, magma surrounded by "magma-safe walls", and losing marble statues, granite walls, and all that cool obsidian shit; it all bristles with spikes of blah.  Simplified wood, simplified silk, simplified leather - sure, these are all small trivial niches in the life of a dwarf.  But stone?  That is the skin, bones, blood and meat of a fort.  I'd argue that a granite wall or a marble statue adds far more "color" to the game than their actual colors.  A white block statue is just not the same thing.
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.

Spray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3290 on: April 05, 2012, 11:14:55 am »

alright, how do i get rid of these bog crawlers?

every 5 seconds i got a message about someone bitten by that little fucker...

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3291 on: April 05, 2012, 11:37:11 am »

alright, how do i get rid of these bog crawlers?

every 5 seconds i got a message about someone bitten by that little fucker...

Maybe they're custom vermin, try turning that off next time?  I had similar experience with Fire ants, nothing i could think of in game would slow them down at all

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3292 on: April 05, 2012, 11:39:11 am »

rabblerousergt - you really should regen a new world every time a new version comes out. if you don't there are going to be weird unpredictable bugs. my biggest fortress is from v1.5.1 for that exact reason - i got it working really well so i didn't abandon it. i'm planning on starting up a new one for v1.7.1 and doing it right, though, so that'll probably be my next big one =)

tehsapper - have you actually played this mod? half the point of it is that it has generic wood, leather, blood, bone, etc. it drastically increases FPS, simplifies menus, and eliminates distinctions without a difference. while i don't think that doing the same thing for stone would be a good idea, for other stuff, it works great!

spray - deploy cats and frill lizards to the places where animals and people are getting bitten! i've gotten them under control repeatedly in the past - it can take quite a few cats though!
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

shovelmonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3293 on: April 05, 2012, 12:34:11 pm »

I gotta be missing something obvious here, genned three different worlds, can't seem to  find a single plant on dozens of test embarks? Only thing except trees are shrubs which I can gather, but give nothing. I want to start with the no items start, no plants seems abit harsh...I'm sure I've just selected a wrong option in the masterwork settings program...any ideas?

Edit - Deleted and redownloaded, played with base settings...still no plants, only shrubs? Do plants appear over time? Back to vanilla for now I guess...
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 01:20:50 pm by shovelmonkey »
Reach out and crush someone!

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
Re: MASTERWORK Dwarf Fortress - v1.7.1 NEW: Trade System & Armor Sets
« Reply #3294 on: April 05, 2012, 12:45:00 pm »

Can you write a patch for stonesense? I want to see my 100 z-level tower out of brick blocks.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Lockesly L`Crit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3295 on: April 05, 2012, 01:21:46 pm »

The problem I see with standardized stone is that we already have that option, more or less. Simple Stone can be turned on and off. While it doesn't change every single stone, it does remove the redundant ones while keeping the names of the ones people like. The difference in FPS between a standardized stone option (stone, magma-safe stone, flux, etc) and the current simple stone option (marble, diorite, obsidian) is not worth the hassle, at least to me anyway. At the very least, Simple Stone should be made into a toggle between YES/NO/STANDARD for people to choose what they want.

How do you get the mass furniture building stuff?

If you're playing a 1.7.1 world, hit b for Build, w for Workshops, and then i for Furniture Workshop. It takes a two blocks, two rocks, two mechanisms, a bed, a cabinet, a table, and a chair to make.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 01:27:42 pm by Lockesly L`Crit »

Weq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3296 on: April 05, 2012, 01:25:00 pm »

I have just started a new map and on first day it has started raining goats milk and bee honey. Is this normal or some type of bug?

And is there any way to collect all this?

Lockesly L`Crit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3297 on: April 05, 2012, 01:41:38 pm »

I've also been tinkering around with concubines, and created mercenaries based off of them. Dwarven soldiers who you can buy as "pets" via trade and embark that start with a selection of weapon skills (never more than what you could normally put in a normal pre-embark dwarf).

There are a few problems I've ran into:
1. They are pets, so they will have "Stray" by their name. Not that big of a deal, really.
2. They can be traded via merchants, and thus will be stuck in cages. Better release them soon, otherwise you'll have a really ticked off dwarf who is hungry and thirsty.
3. I accidentally forgot to set the [NOT_BUTCHERABLE] flag on them. This can easily be remedied.

-------

EDIT: I've also made a quick fix for the batch workshop using economic stone. Go into your reaction_masterwork.txt file, scroll down to the very end, and replace the SLEEP_SET, SLEEP_SET2, LIVING_SET, DINING_SET, TOMB_SET, and STORAGE_SET with this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The [WORTHLESS_STONE_ONLY] tag will mean that any stone that is marked as economic will not be used.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 02:08:00 pm by Lockesly L`Crit »

Varyag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3298 on: April 05, 2012, 02:33:46 pm »

Can't remember exactly what reaction is bugged but i think it is the gold dining room batch reaction that gives you 50 of each product as i ended up with 500 gold statues, tables and thrones when i wanted to make just 10 of each. Naturally all of them ended up being masterwork quality as well. I had a legendary mason doing the work.

Melted it all down and have now made a 5 steps wide road out from my fortress to the edge of the map completely paved with gold bars and with 3x3x9 gold bar pillars every two steps to force the traders down a specific path. Those traders and foreign dignitaries better be impressed! My original plan was to use steel farmed from steeloak to make that road but at least i don't have 1500 pieces of gold furniture cluttering up my stockpiles any more.

Kraggh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3299 on: April 05, 2012, 02:42:17 pm »

Hi!

How can I play as a Human?

I added de [CIV_CONTROLLABLE] tag, in entity_defaults.txt, but doesn´t work!
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 749