Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1836079 times)

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
  • ETHIC:NONBELIEVER:SHUN
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - 1.6 NEW: ASCII & JollyBastion Tileset
« Reply #3105 on: March 29, 2012, 10:27:21 am »

I figured out the cut gems bit when I saw it at the jewelers.
Getting my head around the mod.. slowly.

Also sacrificed peons to the blood god.
Never felt so good to kill those little bastards.

Awesome mod, even if a bit.. undocumented.
Currently trying to think of good workshop designs now. As it stands. It'll probably be a bit cluttered.

EDIT: Removed the last part complaining about no windowed mode. Just saw it.

EDIT 2: For some reason, I'm not getting any sound even when I turn sound on.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 11:58:20 am by RabblerouserGT »

..and then the child Praiseincest shall be dipped in the river of Pregnantjuices! Rejoice! The son of Armok has been born!
My dwarf worships the goddess of suicide. This can only bode well.

Seraphyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3106 on: March 29, 2012, 04:06:48 pm »

I figured out the cut gems bit when I saw it at the jewelers.
Getting my head around the mod.. slowly.

Also sacrificed peons to the blood god.
Never felt so good to kill those little bastards.

Awesome mod, even if a bit.. undocumented.
Currently trying to think of good workshop designs now. As it stands. It'll probably be a bit cluttered.

EDIT: Removed the last part complaining about no windowed mode. Just saw it.

Considering the amount of content the mod ads it's pretty well documented. Just check the guides and readme folder that comes with your download. There is also the masterwork manual that's in the default folder which includes information on about 90% of everything the mod adds.

--------

Just an off-topic note, as much as I am anticipating the next update for masterwork mod, I hope Meph waits until one more update from Toady is released so we can have all the new features instead of waiting another week or however long to catch up again. Unless it's not an issue to update immediately after.

Cusi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3107 on: March 29, 2012, 04:35:04 pm »

Think you have to use soundsense, I have the same issue, but have decided to endure the silence. Not exactly sure how to use soundsense anyways >.>

Also he provided a 25min loop (rather than 3min) for Dwarf Fortress here:
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=890
here:
and here:

You get to chose, I haven't listened to any of them yet.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #3108 on: March 29, 2012, 04:47:46 pm »

Yay, Dfhack for 34.06! Now with DFusion!
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Lockesly L`Crit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3109 on: March 29, 2012, 08:38:20 pm »

Tried this out for the first time. I'm happy with all the changes and standardizations, but I'm not happy about removing the primary trade good spiked ball from the carpenter's workshop.
Eh. I'll live.

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3110 on: March 29, 2012, 10:07:41 pm »

soundsense - first load df, then open soundsense

it will ask where is the gamelog file in your df folder. find it for the program

in the soundsense window click the update button. it will start auto downloading the files (its about 300 megs) when it says DONE restart Soundsense. you can just click UPDATE again and again and again... till its completely done then restart soundsense

boom. instant sound effects for DF after a short time of clicking update...

Undeadlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3111 on: March 30, 2012, 07:33:29 am »

Actually I was hoping he would release it soon before the new version :) I want to use DFHack and my favorite mod together. If not I will have to wait till DFHack updates again :(

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3112 on: March 30, 2012, 12:27:28 pm »

new embark, started normally was noticing a bit of lag. i did have flowing water but that isn't hard to fix but it shouldnt have been lagging this hard right at the start.

hit reveal hell, found a demon temple with over 4000 individual units... wow! 4k !? seriously?!

really .. really liked that out of place .. miniture mountian that was the "entrance" to the temple was gonna make it my entrance to my fort - never seen cavern layers above soil before =)

maybe i should rune smith them away. but alas there is no adamantite here either

looks like hell was unleashed as well . showing a good number (in the thousands) of demons too >>

JimmyBobJr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3113 on: March 30, 2012, 10:31:17 pm »

new embark, started normally was noticing a bit of lag. i did have flowing water but that isn't hard to fix but it shouldnt have been lagging this hard right at the start.

hit reveal hell, found a demon temple with over 4000 individual units... wow! 4k !? seriously?!

really .. really liked that out of place .. miniture mountian that was the "entrance" to the temple was gonna make it my entrance to my fort - never seen cavern layers above soil before =)

maybe i should rune smith them away. but alas there is no adamantite here either

looks like hell was unleashed as well . showing a good number (in the thousands) of demons too >>

Yeah i had that bug occur with .35.01 vanilla DF. Its basically the same error that happens when there is lavaflow on the surface, or a Candy spire etc. Blooooooody annoying too.
Where is the chemistry
They tried chemistry once.
It created soap.
Dwarves lost interest in chemistry after that.

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3114 on: March 31, 2012, 05:58:24 pm »

meph - what are the odds of that long-awaited new version coming out anytime soon?? =D i know it depends on everybody else's release schedule, and if toady is going to keep releasing bugfixed small versions then it probably makes sense to wait for the release cycle to slow down a bit, but i think a lot of folks are exited about the prospects of a new version! i hope you're having a ball wherever you are now - cheers!
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

Seraphyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3115 on: March 31, 2012, 07:58:14 pm »

I think a few days ago he said he was going to be busy for about a week or so with travelling so I'm not sure. Can't remember if he said he will have internet but I'm guessing it will be released in the next few days, however this is just my personal assumption not fact.

Drolith

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3116 on: March 31, 2012, 08:05:31 pm »

Just stopping by to say I've been playing this mod for a while now and...I still love it, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK MEPH, and all who contribute!
 :D

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
Re: ?MASTERWORK? Dwarf Fortress - 1.6 NEW: ASCII & JollyBastion Tileset
« Reply #3117 on: April 01, 2012, 02:37:59 am »

Slaves only worked when I removed the biome tags.

DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Mafia_Puppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3118 on: April 01, 2012, 10:01:18 am »

Does anyone know how what raw I need to use this mod's leather and bone system in vanilla?

Deep Waters

• Bay Watcher
  • earth does break the things that we make
    • View Profile
« Reply #3119 on: April 01, 2012, 11:06:29 am »

I think there's a separate mod somewhere that has it, but since I've never wanted to separate that particular mod from the rest of Meph's mod, I've never looked into it. If there is, it's probably one of the people in the credits. If you want to do it yourself... well, good luck. I'm pretty sure you have to change each product manually. I don't generally mod the vanilla raws, so I can't guarantee that, but it's a good bet.
[23:14:34] <GameMaster> And so (...) a one-armed dwarf and a mage wearing a blanket walk into a tomb.
[23:14:42] <GameMaster> Sadly, that isn't a joke.

[20:42:03] <HailFire> our wizard tower just got smoked by projectile cats from space
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 749