Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1836024 times)

zabbarot

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - 1.6 NEW: ASCII & JollyBastion Tileset
« Reply #3090 on: March 27, 2012, 09:08:38 am »

Are the magic units supposed to show up in migration waves or in your original seven?

One of my original miners is a shadowmancer.  I didn't realize this until after embarking. He's a pretty awesome miner though.  I'm waiting for the first ambush to test him out.

And unrelated, EVERY time I find a t-rex skull some dwarf goes strange mood and uses it before I can get it to the archaeology station. Every. Single. Time.  The second the miners get it out of the walls.  I have TONS of other jewels.  Are they just high value?

Edit: Having a Shadowmancer who is an epic level miner makes for amusing combat logs. http://i.imgur.com/zYZW1.png
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 02:50:15 pm by zabbarot »

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3091 on: March 27, 2012, 01:28:45 pm »

i thought i had 4 trap components or axe blades made from the stone cutter's shop, but it seems to work now :D

now if i can figure out how to designate a room to be a zoo.. so many caged animals..

~hopes for an animal guide from meph~
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

JimmyBobJr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3092 on: March 27, 2012, 11:06:09 pm »

i thought i had 4 trap components or axe blades made from the stone cutter's shop, but it seems to work now :D

now if i can figure out how to designate a room to be a zoo.. so many caged animals..

~hopes for an animal guide from meph~

To make a zoo, build a cage (B-j) thats has the desired animal in it (Press "TAB" to expand the menu, so there isnt just "Rough Wooden Cagex50).

From this newly placed cage, "Q"uery it and designate it as a Zoo/Meeting Area, much like a Bedroom, Dining room or Statue Garden.

Dorfs will hang about there much like as if it was a Meeting Hall, but get extra special thoughts if a prefered animal was in the zoo somewhere.

AFAIK cage transportation is dodgy right now, so there is a possibility that animals can escape when being transported - Although i think this was transportation to the Trade Depot only in the current version.
Where is the chemistry
They tried chemistry once.
It created soap.
Dwarves lost interest in chemistry after that.

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3093 on: March 28, 2012, 01:50:43 am »

mm i only see justice, like a jail or assign an owner or put creatures in it...

on topic: boozebelly goat milk costs 2 dwarf bucks at embark, little processing it becomes easy drink for a long time :s
and 1 of my starting 7 dwarfs was an oath bound dwarf when i turned the magic building off

next embark i will make my fortress carnivores! ~no farming whatsoever ;D
maybe ill add drakes and make it a 1z level fort..
love this btw

hey meph, anyway we can get a treant kind of creature? pasture-able and drops wood when killed kinda thing
~entire fort of dwarven shepherds~
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

Vanaheimer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3094 on: March 28, 2012, 01:55:30 am »

OH GOD FIRE EVERYWHERE.

NTS:slow down the digging. From 20 dwarves to none in about 30 seconds.

JimmyBobJr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: March 28, 2012, 04:56:49 am »

OH GOD VOMIT EVERYWHERE....

For some reason, all of my (25) dwarves are "Infected with the plague" and vomiting EVERYWHERE.

I only actiualy noticed when a child died of dehydration and i checked the combat reports; surely enough there is pages of my dwarves vomiting.

Now, this appears deadly, and everyone has it... What do i doooooooo?!

Also, why has this occured? I have the "Secret" option turned off, so there are no Pentagram dwarves or anything, but still this plague arrives?

Edit: The merchants that happened to be in the Depot also have the plague now, too. Perhaps they bought it? Doesnt seem likely, since the first report is from a child suddenly having a plague, and giving the plague to everyone else.

It would be kinda awesome if the plague spread from the merchants back to the mountainhomes and killed off the entire world, Then my fort would be "Ground Zero" and that baby "Patient Zero"

Also, the baby is still alive. Go figure.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 05:00:25 am by JimmyBobJr »
Where is the chemistry
They tried chemistry once.
It created soap.
Dwarves lost interest in chemistry after that.

n2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3096 on: March 28, 2012, 05:05:16 am »

This mod sounds nice.
But real men don't need graphics. In fact, I couldn't understand a thing in this rainbow mess on the world map, so I thought whatever, I'll just embark somewhere, prepare for the journey, take some weird star gender dogs and some weird star gender dogs... wait, what? Where are the gender symbols?
I tried different bundled tilesets and they all didn't fit my taste. Too small, too messy or too damn gay colored. Or plain fugly. The fonts are quite bad. Well, in fact I cant say for sure whether to blame the fonts or the tiles - I always thought it was the same bloody thing in one file, but now I'm not sure anymore why does this mod make a distinction and how exactly.

So obviously I tried changin the font/tileset manually (I used vedumec in vanilla df) but stupid setting app reset tilesets along with some other settings. And for the love of god, why are there init.txts all over the place? FFFFUUUUUUUUUUU

masquerine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3097 on: March 28, 2012, 07:37:00 am »

This mod sounds nice.
But real men don't need graphics...

You can get around the * for gender on animals by hitting f12 to disable the truefont. It'll show the proper gender symbol so you can choose animals or butcher them.

This mod is not responsible for creating the tilesets. Someone else made them and they got included because they are popular for people who don't like ascii. However, you are able to change the tileset with the masterwork dwarf fortress launcher back to ascii if it pleases you. There's a button for it on the first tab of the launcher.

Aside: I noticed that with bullet turrets the copper shots they fire count as blobs, and dwarves will attempt to go clean the tile they are on if they have the cleaning labor enabled. This makes for an endless loop of dwarves trying to clean the map because a single turret fired hundreds of globs at a single enemy. The shots should probably be auto-forbidden to prevent them from trying to clean it. I ended up disabling the dwarves cleaning labor. I believe the globs disappeared as soon as they were cleaned. I think it was because of the cleaning labor anyway, could also be the food stockpile to store the globs. I had disabled both at the time to try and stop the 60+ dwarves from cleaning the countryside. It ended up working. So either they attempted to clean the tile or tried to pick up the glob but it disappears when picked up.

Either way, the fired globs should be auto-forbidden to avoid it in the future.

I don't think I've had any game play issues besides that so far.

Spoonz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3098 on: March 28, 2012, 04:34:16 pm »

Is this a bug? When trying to play Adventure mode with this mod (1.6) Im unable to change gender properly. Instead, it cycles through different proffesions. Humans simply do not change gender at all. Ive played adventure mode before with Masterwork and never encountered this issue so perhaps its a blip with the current version?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT: "spoonz - it's the vanilla DF truetype bug. just hit f12 to get fixed-width font and the gender symbols back."

Thanks Sayke!

« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 03:24:05 am by Spoonz »

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
  • ETHIC:NONBELIEVER:SHUN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3099 on: March 28, 2012, 05:49:35 pm »

What are forgotten boxes and sciencedwarves? :O

Sorry. The wiki is pretty useless at the moment.

..and then the child Praiseincest shall be dipped in the river of Pregnantjuices! Rejoice! The son of Armok has been born!
My dwarf worships the goddess of suicide. This can only bode well.

Cusi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3100 on: March 28, 2012, 07:38:06 pm »

Its a zombies! Chop off its head! And give it to it's parents! In a Lavish meal! With blood wine!

A shame Dwarfs are sentient ... sometimes I swear thats not intended in the game with the way they act.

Well I am thoroughly enjoying the mod, I often forget the workarounds provided so suually get frustrated and needlessly abandon when I don't need to.

Question:

Can blobs have blobbies? (babies) An elf caravan came by today with a fire and ice blob ... if only an "Icy-hot blob" existed.

terminal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3101 on: March 28, 2012, 08:23:41 pm »

Would you consider decreasing the frequency of birds and bird-based animal men?  I like to embark into high-savagery embarks and send my militia on killing sprees of the local wildlife, but it seems like the majority of my visitors are several z-levels out of reach of my hammerdwarves.

Vanaheimer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: March 28, 2012, 08:53:08 pm »

Its a zombies! Chop off its head! And give it to it's parents! In a Lavish meal! With blood wine!

A shame Dwarfs are sentient ... sometimes I swear thats not intended in the game with the way they act.

It's simple enough to mod dwarves to butcher and eat sentient beings, but I don't think they'll go cannibal.

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3103 on: March 29, 2012, 12:02:05 am »

spoonz - it's the vanilla DF truetype bug. just hit f12 to get fixed-width font and the gender symbols back.

RabblerouserGT - check out the manual! sciencedwarves can do all kinds of things at alchemists' workshops, gun/gunpowder/etc workshops, and i'm not sure what all else. forgotten boxes can be opened at an archeologist's workshop.

terminal - save up a bit and get a bullet turret. instant anti-aircraft battery =D

meph - am still playing my awesome 1.5.1 fortress, but was wondering whether the magma-hound-in-wood-cage problem got fixed! unless i turn temperature off, incoming elf convoys burst into flames and die. it's not a terribly hard problem to work around (i can just turn temperature on again) but i figured i should bring it to your attention in case you hadn't already sorted it out! ironbark cages would probably do the trick.

hope you're having a ball man - cheers! =)
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

LocoRojo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3104 on: March 29, 2012, 09:29:39 am »

hey, first of all i love the mod more then i love my mom.

secondly, i hade a little question, when i use the embark profiel just to screw around (the sandbox one), he always says that allot of items weren't found. but the other profiel
are just fine.

Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 749