Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1835854 times)

plaidman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - 1.6 NEW: ASCII & JollyBastion Tileset
« Reply #3000 on: March 22, 2012, 07:23:02 pm »

Kudaderu just send me a fixed version of the MasterworkDF for MAC. He mentioned that he missed some lib files while packaging. Is updated on DFFD, so anyone that got an error message on Mac could try a fresh download.

Hey Meph (and/or Kudaderu) I tried the mac version and I'm still getting errors when generating a world:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

LordBadger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3001 on: March 22, 2012, 08:35:11 pm »

It was some time ago, but thank you for clearing things about "royal" dwarfs up for me Meph... Though I would guess you have better thing to do.

Next utterly pointless question: One of my "Dwarf" cast dwarfs is acting really funny. She is alright with a sword according to DT, but she will not equip one. She prefers to use her mouth, testing her skill, I sent her to stab a wombat, of-course it worked out well. When the deed was done, I read the combat report to see how the wombat was slain, and she bashed it with a shield, and it fell down... Than she picked it up with her mouth and clamped down on its right back paw, and just kept shaking it for about two full pages til' it finally died. I'm not complaining, to the contrary, it was a really funny mental image. but, does that mean she could be something bad for the fortress, or is that just normal?

Once more, maybe more of a pointless question than anything else, so unless this is an actual error, I'm not trying to pester you Meph. I know you have added new battle moves to the mod, and maybe I'm just being paranoid. All the same the kill made me laugh(allot) if it's just part of the MOD than Kudos to you good sir!

Wrap it up with a "great mod" and just keep plowing through till' she maybe starts biting her "Friends".

This is more fun, than I ever thought it could be :D

xaldin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3002 on: March 22, 2012, 09:25:32 pm »

My migrants are bringing a lot of pets/critters with them. Is there a way to tone down/eliminate having migrants bring animals with them? I'd be just fine with ordering creatures from merchants when/if I want them.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3003 on: March 22, 2012, 09:52:33 pm »

@plaidman: Sorry for that. As said before, I cant test the Mac version since I run windows. I hope it is not your system that causes the error. Nothing I can do to help unfortunately.

@lordbadger: Glad you like it :) Although I did not do anything to make dwarves more bitey... the combat reports will be improved in the next version again, with better naming and some new bodyparts, like windpipes, sternums and kneecaps. You have to thank SethCreiyd for this, as I added the changes he did to the extra body_default he includes in his Dwarf Chocolate mod. I am really surprised how much things he have in there that do not collide with other mods. It is a bit like Fortress Defense, it is almost compatible with any other mod, well done.

@xaldin: Nope, as long as the civ has access to any pet they bring them. Nothing I could mod. But please do tell, have many landmines, decoys or turrets been among them ? Because I changed those to appear a rare in relation to other pets.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

omglazers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3004 on: March 22, 2012, 10:01:36 pm »

I haven't recently complimented this mod. SO I FELT LIKE DOING IT AGAIN.

If you had a donate button I'd send you a cup of coffee immediately.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3005 on: March 22, 2012, 10:06:16 pm »

Muhaha, bad choice of words. Go to my (currently discontinued) blog, Cyclenomads and there you might find a donate button :P  (just kidding ;) )

PS: It is not updated because I got sick of the spam in the comments... so please dont even mention it ^^

PPS: Oh yeah, I also fixed the tooth-to-leather bug. Was my generic materials, the fake creatures had no tooth material assigned, and took the first assigned material, which happened to be skin. And added a stable warpstone, Ore of Iridium. This is because many people seem to play without "harder mining" so I give you a little motivation (this makes no sense, I know. Just a test, maybe I do something special in the future with warpstone). The tears of armok (the aquifer gems) are also linked to this button, and I havent recieved any feedback on them yet. I personally like them a lot.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 10:13:55 pm by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3006 on: March 22, 2012, 11:15:04 pm »

havent found any tears yet in the last 5 forts ive ran to year 10 over the last 3 days (useing prospector too)

- edit. yeah.. because i turned off harder mineing cause my dwarves weren't cleaning up all the blood and vomit

=(>.-.<)=
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 11:47:00 pm by Fairin »

LordBadger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3007 on: March 22, 2012, 11:21:33 pm »

Well thanks Meph, and also a big thank you to SethCrieyde than.
The battle reports are too funny, great work. Maybe you don't have to tidy up the combat reports too much, figure it would take a bit of effort for anything being a non-natural predator to use it's mouth to kill something by shaking it around. Still more body parts would have made that fight even greater.

Rossol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3008 on: March 22, 2012, 11:34:27 pm »

so far i found only one tear of armok, and it been in one of top volcano layers, without any aquifer on the map

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3009 on: March 22, 2012, 11:57:37 pm »

Exposed Tears do not have an aquifer, otherwise they would automatically start flooding everything. Only encased ones cause damp stones around them.

I just finished another 8 building guides and updated the sprites thread.

allison

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3010 on: March 23, 2012, 05:04:24 am »

Hi, new here... first of all, thanks Meph, this mod is _awesome_

Just started up a new fort, and my noble positions include "hordemaster" and "headlobber".
Is this working as intended? entity_default.txt says these are for goblins...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3011 on: March 23, 2012, 07:27:58 am »

Hups... the position ID, POSITION:SHERIFF is double, some goes for the hordemaster. I only changed the names, not the id, so DF gets confused. Since it says that they get appointed by a certain noble, and you have this noble, you dwarves get these titles as well. They act exactly the same btw, it is just the name that is different.

EDIT:

Here is the next one!  The main features are the animal training and clothing changes.  You can get at the animal training options from the 'z' animal tab.

New stuff
   (*) Each civilization has animal training familiarity based on locale/journeys/domestication
   (*) Your site picks up training knowledge as you go
   (*) Your civilization picks it up from you if merchants survive
   (*) Animals have training status which can deteriorate
   (*) Added tools to the arena
   (*) Added text site color key for town map export

Major bug fixes
   (*) Fixed a save corruption from saving at the moment of trade meetings
   (*) Animals that have killed/attacked civ members no longer attack when trained
   (*) Allowed people to pick up their own owned clothes
   (*) Stopped sever victims from obsessing over lost clothes
   (*) Stopped failed pickup job from keeping item in uniform plan
   (*) Pickup equipment spam handled
   (*) Workshop clutter changed

Other bug fixes/tweaks
   (*) Evil/good trees/shrubs are back
   (*) Made ownership lapse for things that have been thrown away -- can take about 10-20 days
   (*) Clothing deterioration in refuse pile
   (*) Training jobs for large animals decoupled from kennels -- assign trainers in animal screen
   (*) Animals being trained wander around less
   (*) Allowed selection of war/hunting animals
   (*) Stopped young animals from lashing out
   (*) Decreased vampire frequency for fort migration
   (*) Fixed metal/bone helm artifacts (Quietust)
   (*) Fixed problems with socks going on the same foot
   (*) Champion can be appointed, fixed various circumstances causing failed position activations
   (*) Tool weights fixed (at least to align with raws)
   (*) Material size respected in standard tool construction jobs
   (*) Reintroduced negative thoughts from clothing, nakedness thoughts take a few weeks
   (*) Stopped zillions of chat thoughts from being stacked up
   (*) Stopped critters from breaking away from being led in an inconsistent way
   (*) Various string changes for TrueType (will also affect other modes in hopefully minor ways)

Nice, new version is out. And I will be offline for the next... week ? Good timing ;) I start sailing in a few hours, just wanted to let you guys know beforehand that I will certainly not be here any time soon. Next time civilization might be Panama city for me, or David, near to the Costa Rican border.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 07:39:21 am by Meph »

FFLaguna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3012 on: March 23, 2012, 09:51:16 am »

"Craft rock bin from block" <-- this is an EXCELLENT addition, and helps to remove the feeling that I'm kind of cheating while using the stonecutter's workshop to build rock bins. This was a great change.

xaldin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3013 on: March 23, 2012, 10:38:39 am »

@xaldin: Nope, as long as the civ has access to any pet they bring them. Nothing I could mod. But please do tell, have many landmines, decoys or turrets been among them ? Because I changed those to appear a rare in relation to other pets.

No so far haven't gotten any of those. The abundance of genies, golden geese, puppies, and lizards such has caused a bit of a population problem. I have as many critters as dwarves. Turned my nicely laid out fort into a bit of a traffic jam issue more than anything. All of which arrive as someone's pet so I can't even lock the things up effectively.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3014 on: March 23, 2012, 01:25:37 pm »

Major bug fixes
   (*) Fixed a save corruption from saving at the moment of trade meetings

Nice, the crash I reported a few days ago seems to have been a vanilla bug, and fixed.
Meph, have a great time off-line! :)
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 749