Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1835811 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - 1.6 NEW: ASCII & JollyBastion Tileset
« Reply #2955 on: March 21, 2012, 02:40:59 pm »

Also, jewelers can't seem to leave their workshops! Once they go in, they never leave, and unless the workshop is deconstructed they starve to death/die of thirst. This may be related to their not being able to do any work, as they can't leave their shop and fetch the rough gems they need.

Anyone else getting this?

Never seen this.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2956 on: March 21, 2012, 02:44:48 pm »

Also, jewelers can't seem to leave their workshops! Once they go in, they never leave, and unless the workshop is deconstructed they starve to death/die of thirst. This may be related to their not being able to do any work, as they can't leave their shop and fetch the rough gems they need.

Anyone else getting this?

Never seen this.

I know that the jeweler's workshop has kind of an unusual block pattern...  Something like...

[][][~]
[][][~]
[][][~]

...Is it possible you just built the workshop in such a way that the dwarf walled himself in with the workshop's block tiles?  It's easy to do that.

Sibilantjoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2957 on: March 21, 2012, 02:47:06 pm »

yup, that'll do it. Thanks!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2958 on: March 21, 2012, 02:52:49 pm »

Ninja'd by narhiril, wanted to propose the same.

Bugs: Alerts from demons underground in combat, and green devourers are crashing my game with failed pathfinding.
That is interesting, which demons ? Real, lvl 5:5 hell-demons ? I know that the pathfinding is recorded in the errorlog, but I dont think that it causes any crashed, you get tons of these when you do arena testing with massive armies.

- there was one thing that was dropped - by someone near the entrance - a masterwork statue of eagles by an unknown artist... i assume this is some sort of homage to the french army eagles - but the 'statue' is not registering as a 'statue' - i cant build it
Not quite a homage, a random statue, could have been anything ;) They are corpses of golems or some metal colossi. Quite astonishing DF actually reads them as corpses, they should get carried to the next corpse stockpile. If it was one of your golems you might even be able to bury it.

And that burning skull tooth can be tanned into leather is just... random. Seriously ^^ But easy to fix. I lowered the value of the sharktooth btw, its now worth 28 times less.

PS: I am glad that the different invaders fight each other, better then having 5 different armies sieging you. Goblin, Kobolds and Orcs stand together btw. But if you think that there are way too many invaders, just turn some off. Same goes for the cavern civs. They use a random material for their gear (still hope to fix that) so if the antmen are too tough, its just one click to play without them. Poor little antmen.

EDIT: @asgarus: They are naked since clothes are broken, rot and clutter. If next DF version fixes it they come back in. You can still make them and pass them around as a "uniform" currently.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 02:58:15 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2959 on: March 21, 2012, 03:36:46 pm »

...fun fact:
a miserable dorf standing outside can turn rambo.
that's the case of my captain of the guard.
who's surviving on water, food from a dead human caravan, and is killing off the random undead which seem to be brought up by warlocks ambushes (which he dispatches too).
i'd consider bringing him in, but the dorfs are certainly going to move out.
mmm.
*airlock solution?*
*too easy*
*magma airlock solution?*
*TO THE SCIENCE!! workshop*
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2960 on: March 21, 2012, 03:51:18 pm »

don't cavern civs tend to get the tech of other civs in worldgen? i think its to simulate them stealing it or something.

Esko

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2961 on: March 21, 2012, 04:01:08 pm »

My army is ready now and I can fight the ennemies, even if I'm a bit cocky sometimes (and I cheat somehow...)

Well, I was making fun of Pandariis, who are so weak and I sent one legendary fighter to kill something like 20 ennemies... Wasnt thinking they were 120 outside in fact... The problem is called Raptor, they are so aggressive, and my dwarf cant land blows...

My poor dwarf struggled and I can prevent myself from reloading everytime he died. He survives sometimes but with too many injuries (and I like him then I want him with no persistent injury, or at least, not like that...) and it's like a dead end...

Someone succeed in creating magic caste dwarf in Dwarf Fortress Mode ? Tried again but nothing happened..

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2962 on: March 21, 2012, 04:21:04 pm »

I think I found the problem. Already transformed creatures cant transform again. Example:
Dwarf => Mage, yes.
Dwarf => Golem, yes.
Dwarf => Golem, yes => Mage, no.

The problem ? Dwarf => Join Guild in Guildhall, yes => Become mage, no. The guildhall already transformes a dwarf into a special caste dwarf, and you cant transform him again to a mage caste dwarf.

There is no fix for this... I might have to scrap the guildhall. Only workaround would be giving dwarves the natural_skills or skill_learn_rates with CE_ADD, but I dont even know if these are supported. And the description would be missing, and they'd be no member of the caste, which means that the Therapist cant detect it. Natural Legion/Craft/Smith/Noble dwarves are alright btw, they are not transformed.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Spray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2963 on: March 21, 2012, 04:41:54 pm »

Hm. I cant build the Church of  dark depths.

I have the Slade blocks, got 10 bones, 1 slade throne(chair) 2 totems. But when i go to the workshops and try to build it, the required materials are colored red/unable to build.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2964 on: March 21, 2012, 04:45:20 pm »

You got 10 bones, or 10 bones of different creatures ? 10 cow bones wont do, you need bones from 10 different creatures.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #2965 on: March 21, 2012, 04:52:07 pm »

I am doing a PARANOIA:TROUBLESHOOTERS mod with this, and slaves will make up most of the IR population. Remember: Happiness is !!MANDATORY!!

EDIT: How do you get slaves?
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2966 on: March 21, 2012, 05:01:28 pm »

Buy broodmother/lords from drow, wait for kids. Kids will be working slaves. Can be made easier by giving broodmothers/lords common-domestic, but that would be too easy ;)

EDIT: I changed the colors for fossils a bit, this way you can see directly what kind of chest you did find. Bronze, Silver and Gold for small, medium and big.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 05:05:32 pm by Meph »

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2967 on: March 21, 2012, 05:07:59 pm »

meh, toss the guildhall, its a neat idea but kinda devalues caste dwarfs to the extreme, i don't even feel happy about getting legion/smith/crafter dwarves anymore.

however, note the guildhall idea down somewhere, so that whenever the vanilla framework is available for it you can happily add it back in.

alternatively, you can cut the magic/golem stuff if you favor the guildhall, personally ill just be turning off the guildhall for now.

EDIT: or make a 3-way button in the launcher, which allows;
a) guildhall
b) magic
c) none

and give non magically based 'classes' to the guildhall system via some other building, making it a system where dwarfs choose to be a warrior OR civilian profession for life. (make that clear in game/manual)

each system can have a different 'flavor' to it, with the magic system adding the magically empowered dwarven soldiers/mages, and the guildhall having educated warriors and craftsmen.

simple option: make it abundantly clear that guildhall trained dwarfs cannot learn magic skills for whatever reason. (perhaps a nice lore opportunity here?)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 05:13:42 pm by bombzero »

Esko

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2968 on: March 21, 2012, 05:17:53 pm »

I think I found the problem. Already transformed creatures cant transform again. Example:
Dwarf => Mage, yes.
Dwarf => Golem, yes.
Dwarf => Golem, yes => Mage, no.

The problem ? Dwarf => Join Guild in Guildhall, yes => Become mage, no. The guildhall already transformes a dwarf into a special caste dwarf, and you cant transform him again to a mage caste dwarf.

Well the dwarf I tried to transform was a normal one... Do you have an idea of the rate of success of a transformation ? In fact I just checked in Dwarf Therapist and my dwarf was in the same caste everytime... But I didnt reload my game, just "read" again in Dwarf Therapist...

I thought magic skills could affect the rate of success but it would have been strange...
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 08:30:16 pm by Esko »

Mafia_Puppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2969 on: March 21, 2012, 05:47:41 pm »

Just a bug report. I can tan teeth into leather.
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 749