Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1835813 times)

Esko

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - 1.6 NEW: ASCII & JollyBastion Tileset
« Reply #2940 on: March 20, 2012, 10:58:04 pm »

ahahaah I tried so hard to make some Oathbound dwarfs or Angels of Vengeance (during 2hours with reload) but it didnt work. I will try tomorrow... the rate of success is so low (tried at least 60 times...)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 11:00:52 pm by Esko »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2941 on: March 20, 2012, 11:49:11 pm »

EDIT: I also got an idea for cavern lvl3.... Essentially I could rebuild a little dungeon down there. The only problem: All this will slowly grow in the other caverns and your digged underground squares after your breach the 3rd lvl. What do you think ?

a cool idea but my vote would be to pass on this.  it's true that the caverns mingle slowly but they grow in quite quickly into the soil levels of fortress, and i wouldn't want potions and chests growing all over the fortress

Iax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2942 on: March 21, 2012, 12:59:31 am »

I did change two things on the guildhall, I added the display name, which some people seem to find usefull, but I did not know that it would throw the Therapist off, or that you cant change that name anymore. Might put it to the vote, but since custom sprites are impossible for these guys I thought the custom name would help not to loose track of them.

I do like the auto name changes, it does make setting the profiles and squads up a lot easier.  But if it breaks dwarf therapist it makes it much harder to handle the whole fort.

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2943 on: March 21, 2012, 01:42:22 am »

A possible balancing issue: Shark Jaws, they have been showing up fairly regularly for me and once excavated make it ridiculously easy to buy out caravans, I had perhaps 10 or so in my last game, they generated several pages worth of teeth and sold for 3k-20k, makes trading require even less thought than normal, perhaps reduce the price on those?

Asgarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2944 on: March 21, 2012, 02:36:58 am »

Is it just me? Or does dwarfes (embarking ones and migrants) come without ANY items? (no clothing, no weapons for say hunters,...)
Playin the newest Masterwork and have absolutely no clue why they would prefer to run around naked...
(sure, i could craft something for them, but that's not the point).

Sorry if this came up already, did not want to search 170 pages (not much time right now)

hope for a solution

greetings

quintilius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2945 on: March 21, 2012, 03:45:35 am »

Also, on the subject of memorial slabs. Anybody has any work around to the vampires and/or slabless ghosts?

I've been fortunate as to have only 5 ghosts which cannot be memorialized and they are non-violent ones, except for one that likes to smash statues.

(1)
(v)iew the ghost
dfhack>> tweak clear-missing

(2)
slab as usual

there's a misconception as to what that tweak does... what this resolves is if you have a corpse outside, for example, and you cant find it... and your little buggers have noted 'urist has been missing for a week' but havent seen the corpse yet - this will alter the 'missing not yet found' flag for urist - it doesnt help with 'urist the caravan guard wandered too close to that bridge - no really - i didnt mean to do it... you cant prove i did...'

i *wish* it just took an unslabbable ghost and made it slabbable - but even in runesmith days it took a little effort to clear a ghost.  i'm hopeful toady will fix this one soon - it's a pain in the ass.

now on topic - i did have a bit of a wild one... a siege of undead (2 squads of zombies - standing around at the edge because i built an aboveground fort this time) - who are set upon by 2 squads of warlocks... one of whom has some spell that zombifies corpses i think because some of them walked over traps and were cut into parts, upon which some kind of cloud thing came out of the boss warlock and suddenly i had moving parts everywhere... this group were in turn set upon by 3 squads of elite goblin crossbowmen riding drow spinners (?) -- i dont know - there's some sort of 'magma crab' icon of some sort and they start moving really fast - a squad of orcs and a squad of trolls...  (a squad of automatons had ambushed the previous warlock ambush... so this wasnt unheardof for me)

i have no ideaa who was in what faction at that point - they were all blazing away out there and i wanted no part of it.  The goblins mopped the floor with everyone - they did bring a general afterall - so i invited them inside and used the one truly effective masterwork mod anti-goblin device on them... the 30x2 cooridor, with 3 10x2 drawbridges all linked to one lever... I'd run into 1 squad of these bastards before and they were 1shotting me through fortifications when i was wearing steel... goblinite just isnt that valuable.

now - for the reason i'm writing - there was one thing that was dropped - by someone near the entrance - a masterwork statue of eagles by an unknown artist... i assume this is some sort of homage to the french army eagles - but the 'statue' is not registering as a 'statue' - i cant build it.  So i dont think you can have a statue as droppable loot and have it work properly.

Honestly - there's just too many hostiles out there.  With half my morons on alert half the time i'm not getting much done (the food nerf means a lot more farming than i used to do...) The combination of trap avoid and shoot through fortifications makes the seasonal 3 squads of goblin ambushers more than a minor annoyance.

dukea42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2946 on: March 21, 2012, 08:12:24 am »

Honestly - there's just too many hostiles out there.  With half my morons on alert half the time i'm not getting much done (the food nerf means a lot more farming than i used to do...) The combination of trap avoid and shoot through fortifications makes the seasonal 3 squads of goblin ambushers more than a minor annoyance.

Mission Accomplished?
My posts are probably based on Masterwork DF mod

skatterbrainz

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2947 on: March 21, 2012, 09:57:22 am »

So I'm having trouble with the new mac version...  When I run the script I get this in terminal.  Any idea why?  Or what to do about it?

Michaelsoftman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2948 on: March 21, 2012, 10:25:23 am »

I'm not sure if this is a bug with Masterwork, or just DF, but I figured I should post here and ask if anyone else is having it.

When on a Reclaim fort, everything runs normally for a season or two, then DF just locks up and stops responding.  Regular embark forts work just find, and my oldest one ran for about 6 years before I was lost to sieges, so I know I CAN run DF just fine...  But not on Reclaim forts.

The error log shows nothing either.

I play with Masterwork's default settings, but with FPS a bit higher, and the pop cap at 80.  However, on a Reclaim fort, it freezes and locks up usually in the first year.

Anyone else have this problem?

alagon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2949 on: March 21, 2012, 10:28:08 am »

Hey Meph,

I might find a minor bug.

The burning skull's tooth is considered as raw skin. It not only piled up in my "fresh raw hide" under refuse stockpile, but also it went into tanner shop and turned into leather afterward.

I have a lot of tooth piled up, but it did not work when I try to decorate with ivory/tooth option. So I think it might be problem.

best regards~~

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2950 on: March 21, 2012, 10:30:31 am »

I'm not sure if this is a bug with Masterwork, or just DF, but I figured I should post here and ask if anyone else is having it.

When on a Reclaim fort, everything runs normally for a season or two, then DF just locks up and stops responding.  Regular embark forts work just find, and my oldest one ran for about 6 years before I was lost to sieges, so I know I CAN run DF just fine...  But not on Reclaim forts.

The error log shows nothing either.

I play with Masterwork's default settings, but with FPS a bit higher, and the pop cap at 80.  However, on a Reclaim fort, it freezes and locks up usually in the first year.

Anyone else have this problem?
do reclaimed forts have artifacts?
if so i recall a bug in the vanilla df too.
otherwise i don't know
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Michaelsoftman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2951 on: March 21, 2012, 10:33:25 am »

do reclaimed forts have artifacts?
if so i recall a bug in the vanilla df too.
otherwise i don't know

My first one did, and it seemed to run fine for at least 3 more years after reclaim, with several of it's own artifacts being made.

My most recent reclaim was on a young fort that didn't create an artifact yet... Or are you saying the bug happens because they are about to go into a mood, and it freezes?  This actually makes sense, given the timing.

AndyDish

• Bay Watcher
  • Holy Dwarf Beards Batman!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2952 on: March 21, 2012, 10:53:40 am »

Bugs: Alerts from demons underground in combat, and green devourers are crashing my game with failed pathfinding.
Rivers of ale, yeah sounds like dwarf fortress.

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2953 on: March 21, 2012, 12:58:35 pm »

More General Cavern madness - nothing like getting assaulted by 70~100 ant men

The Worker Hiveguard loses hold of the ({slademantine buckler}). < they have access to this?

The Worker Hivefighter runs through The Speardwarf in the head with the tip of its ({mithril scimitar}), tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull's bone, tearing apart the outer brain's brain tissue and tearing apart the brain's brain tissue!

The Worker Hiveguard twists the embedded ({welded mithril trident}) around in The Stray War Drake's right front leg!

and mithril and welded mithril =(>.-.>)=

they had me on tech. metals. and numbers.. this infusion of !! FUN !! made me sad drakitty overlord
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 01:01:19 pm by Fairin »

Sibilantjoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2954 on: March 21, 2012, 02:03:45 pm »

I'm seeing some odd behavior around jeweler's workshops. Telling my gem cutter to cut gems (that I KNOW I have) throws up a "cancels task: no rough [gem]" alert. Also, jewelers can't seem to leave their workshops! Once they go in, they never leave, and unless the workshop is deconstructed they starve to death/die of thirst. This may be related to their not being able to do any work, as they can't leave their shop and fetch the rough gems they need.

Anyone else getting this?
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 749