Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1835713 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - 1.6 NEW: ASCII & JollyBastion Tileset
« Reply #2880 on: March 18, 2012, 09:55:43 pm »

The changes I posted are just for you guys to know what I am up to. Whenever I do a change to the uploaded file I say so, change the Version Number and offer a big, fat downloadlink ;)

Currently working on the fish farm and playing a little testfort.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2881 on: March 18, 2012, 10:17:00 pm »

While you're at fixing things, fix slademantine.

You(or whomever did the raws for it) forgot a [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:METAL_TEMPLATE] for it.

Thanks!   ;)
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!
Products of my Boredom (Old)
Quote from: Shawtay
Delioth, you sir, are a wonderful, wonderful person.
When in doubt, Apply Magma

Deepblade

• Bay Watcher
  • Tholtarmid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2882 on: March 18, 2012, 10:25:40 pm »

I'm having a problem with the game respecting the population cap I put in place. It works in vanilla version last I checked but this one don't seem to. I have to dispose of 'em the old fashioned way
Deepblade's Standardized Creature Parts, for when you're pissed about all the different types of animal products there are.

Michaelsoftman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2883 on: March 18, 2012, 11:31:15 pm »

I'm having a problem with the game respecting the population cap I put in place. It works in vanilla version last I checked but this one don't seem to. I have to dispose of 'em the old fashioned way

Same here, I leave my pop cap at 80.  I had a pop of 83, then just got another migrant wave, up to 96 now.

Also, another bug.  When at a magma crucible, hammering coarse iron, it creates a stone called 'sparks'.

Next to the magma crucible, I had a brick oven.  The Dwarf was taking the 'sparks' and making colored stones out of it.

Iax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2884 on: March 18, 2012, 11:58:15 pm »

Another bug related to 1.6 guildhall.
I used the guild hall to make a bunch of dwarfs of the legion,  In 1.5 I would set a nickname for them before hand to keep track of them.  Now in 1.6 when they join the legion their nickname disappears in Dwarf Therapist,  but in the game they keep their nickname.   Something about 1.6 and applying the caste breaks dwarf therapist.

After they join the legion I can notuse dwarf therapist to change their nickname or even see what I had it set to before.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2885 on: March 19, 2012, 12:10:20 am »

Also, another bug.  When at a magma crucible, hammering coarse iron, it creates a stone called 'sparks'.

Next to the magma crucible, I had a brick oven.  The Dwarf was taking the 'sparks' and making colored stones out of it.

alright, not a bug, the smoke effects and non-solid stones (ones that leave no mess) rely on temperature being ON, so if you have temp off, turn non-solid rocks and workshop effects off.

Michaelsoftman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2886 on: March 19, 2012, 12:25:17 am »

alright, not a bug, the smoke effects and non-solid stones (ones that leave no mess) rely on temperature being ON, so if you have temp off, turn non-solid rocks and workshop effects off.

Ah I didn't realize, cause I had temp on in my fort until recently.

Iax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2887 on: March 19, 2012, 01:26:42 am »

One bug, or maybe just a user interface help

To get dwarfs to equip TRex helm or demonic armor you have to select helms (foreign) and armors(foreign)
Which is confusing because there is a demonic armors (foreign) in the list.

Im finding it really hard to play this game without dwarf therapist right now (because of guildhall bug).

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2888 on: March 19, 2012, 02:52:10 am »

Also, on the subject of memorial slabs. Anybody has any work around to the vampires and/or slabless ghosts?

I've been fortunate as to have only 5 ghosts which cannot be memorialized and they are non-violent ones, except for one that likes to smash statues.

(1)
(v)iew the ghost
dfhack>> tweak clear-missing

(2)
slab as usual

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2889 on: March 19, 2012, 03:45:55 am »

The 'transformation' reactions seem to be hit and miss. This is okay when you're imbuing a golem with life (because you can have it on repeat until it works), but trying to make a Shadowmancer you need to keep save-scumming until it works (because even if the reaction fails to transform your dwarf, the book of death is still spent).

Oh, and the guide says to use a 'Black Bible', whereas there's only a 'Grimoire of Death'.
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

Mafia_Puppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2890 on: March 19, 2012, 05:25:37 am »

How do I build magma-powered furnaces and stuff in this mod? I can't find them in the build menu.

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2891 on: March 19, 2012, 05:47:21 am »

AS long as he doesn't make a post with a big "DOWNLOAD" link and changes the title, you can safely assume this is not included yet, but will be in the next version.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

Seraphyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2892 on: March 19, 2012, 06:45:02 am »

How do I build magma-powered furnaces and stuff in this mod? I can't find them in the build menu.

You have to have magma discovered before they show up in their usual spot in the build menu. If you have already found magma and they're not showing up then I'm not sure what's wrong.

Esta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2893 on: March 19, 2012, 07:00:26 am »

Adventurer here, can anyone tell me what to edit in the raws to allow Badgermen to open doors? Not sure if they're too big to fit through the doorway or lack opposable thumbs or something. The sooner I change this, the sooner I can roam my world devouring civilizations!

The tag [CANOPENDOORS] controls that. Badgermen are found in the Fortress Defense Easy file and Creature_Large_Temperate. For the ones in Creature_Large_Temperate, I'd say to just add [CANOPENDOORS] under Badgermen. The Fortress Defense Easy has Greater Badgermen. Just be warned about the Fun potential in Fortress Mode...

Spray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2894 on: March 19, 2012, 09:28:28 am »

what are the requiremenst for the Magma Temple of Armok to show up in the menu?
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 749