Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1835631 times)

ninja137

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - 1.6 NEW: ASCII & JollyBastion Tileset
« Reply #2805 on: March 16, 2012, 05:08:41 pm »

The thread says there is an ASCII version, but all I see are JollyBastion and Phoebus. Someone mind pointing me to the ASCII version?

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2806 on: March 16, 2012, 05:35:11 pm »

try graphics-->no.
*hopes it's right*
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #2807 on: March 16, 2012, 05:40:15 pm »

The thread says there is an ASCII version, but all I see are JollyBastion and Phoebus. Someone mind pointing me to the ASCII version?
the Jolly Bastion version is ASCII which means you can swap out Jolly with anytype of ASCII tileset

Phoebus has a heavliy altered Tileset which makes ASCII raws cringe and vice versa

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2808 on: March 16, 2012, 09:35:50 pm »

I have been trying to create a golem heart, but haven't been so successful in 1.6 (work with no problem, after sacrificing 2 dwarfs at the temple in version 1.5). My sacrifice count is up in 31 dwarfs, and i have only been able to pray for the heart once :(

In the last version (1.5.1?), I had traders come in with a pile of them. That might be a viable option?
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2809 on: March 16, 2012, 09:43:33 pm »

Apparently making things out of siltstone, they don't count as stone for some reason when an object is made and therefore stockpiles don't work for them.

I found the issue, with the stone vaporization thing turned off, you don't have the file re-adding [IS_STONE] to the raws for those rocks. So therefore no furniture made out of any of those items will be put into a stockpile.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 09:56:50 pm by Vherid »

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2810 on: March 16, 2012, 09:53:49 pm »

I do a starter world, and can't find iron ores?  Am I missing something?  This is second world (I'm using prospect all).

Seraphyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2811 on: March 16, 2012, 09:58:48 pm »

I do a starter world, and can't find iron ores?  Am I missing something?  This is second world (I'm using prospect all).

Are you using the starter worlds in advanced world gen? If you aren't then raise the mineral scarcity to very high. Also, what kind of areas are you embarking in? Forest, swamp, grassland, volcano. Maybe in some of those iron doesn't appear very often. Only thing I can suggest is try different biomes.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2812 on: March 16, 2012, 10:24:49 pm »

Seems like another bug that I can appoint a high templar with a preacher instead of waiting for a priest.

Linkeron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My FB page
« Reply #2813 on: March 16, 2012, 10:36:08 pm »

Yo, Meph, update on that error I told you about, the one you had no idea on how to help out with? Turns out my .Net Framework install corrupted. Reinstall and now no error. Just thought I should let you know that for future reference.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2814 on: March 16, 2012, 10:40:33 pm »

Hmm. A Drow caravan exploded when the first wagon settled into the depot. I'm not sure what's doing this. I have seen magma in the vicinity when it happens. Nothing in the goods stands out. Aha. Found it. Pig tail fiber bag. Contents: Magma. Huh. Interesting. Weaponized trader depot? Weaponized traders?!
The goods pretty much disappear. Magma disappears. Only metal gear from guards left.
Version 1.6

I'm not signed up with dffd. Is there another good place to put the save?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 10:45:22 pm by BigD145 »

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2815 on: March 17, 2012, 12:10:28 am »

How do I brew.  I was hoping it was in the manual... then I did a quick forum search, but gave up after about 3 posts thru.

Nimrod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2816 on: March 17, 2012, 02:47:11 am »

TURRETS (bug):
Slade turret ammo (copper too i guess) is no longer cleaned, good. But now it gets collected and put into the food stockpile...
So the problem with "collect job clutter" and dwarves running into dangerous zones still exists.

Maybe make turrets shoot bullets? so the "dont collect used ammo" setting could be used if there is no other way to solve this...

cheers
---=== Inveniam Viam Aut Faciam ===---

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2817 on: March 17, 2012, 03:51:48 am »

quick note:nothing new.
fun fact:Hidden stuff can also come with the merchants. SO you have the caravan guards killing off the merchants. and the warlocks. and in any case you get the idea that it makes you miss one season of trade.
yuppie.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Acds

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2818 on: March 17, 2012, 04:08:00 am »

For some reason, I never get migrants past the first two forced waves. I've had to abandon 3 good fortresses because of this, anyone know why this might be? Not like I didn't produce wealth, I was churning out Platinum stuff 24/7. Never had this problem outside of Masterwork, so I imagine it's either some change that I don't know about that is causing it, or some setting (too many fortress defence races?). All fortresses I built were reclaimed at least once (miners expedition followed by the real one), but I doubt that has something to do with it.
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 749