Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1835600 times)

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - 1.6 NEW: ASCII & JollyBastion Tileset
« Reply #2775 on: March 15, 2012, 06:15:32 pm »

Has anybody else had the problem where when the fort gets a Mayor, the sheriff job disappears?

Is it that the Mayor acts as the Sheriff as well?

Captain of the Guard

dukea42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2776 on: March 15, 2012, 06:19:16 pm »

The many biomes world settings tends to create lots of 15+z waterfalls.  Those tend to be my cure for tantrum spirals via building my central stairs behind the waterfall and using fortifications between the stairs and water.  Also gives me a dig-free death drop. :)

If you combine the happiness creator with a Sheriff/Guard actually patrolling internally, (instead of outside fighting the hordes), and have a good sized jail, you'll be able to reduce the chaos the few first unhappy dwarves cause via the justice system working for you. (or adding more happy hammerings!)

Now if I can only find a way to successfully worldgen volcanoes next to these waterfalls....

This leads me to a Masterwork specific question...  How does the therapist and preacher and other nobles factor in here? Do they actually stop tantrumming dwarf? I never really assign these roles as I don't understand the new nobles.
My posts are probably based on Masterwork DF mod

CheatingChicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2777 on: March 15, 2012, 06:43:52 pm »

There is one small ASCII-related bug I found: Mined Raw Mithril looks like a wall. Can be fixed by removing the [ITEM_SYMBOL:178].

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2778 on: March 15, 2012, 06:51:58 pm »

http://localhostr.com/file/bUyUxHm/objects.zip

Fixed tile raws for gems/stone/rocks that weren't right.

CheatingChicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2779 on: March 15, 2012, 08:26:42 pm »

Meph really seems to hate us :D
Teleporting Facehuggers, Stealth-Raptors.....

(Jokes aside: Raptors dont have graphics in ASCII. Not at all. they are just a black empty tile)

Cato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2780 on: March 15, 2012, 08:29:22 pm »

EDIT - Any thoughts on altering the Brewery reaction?  Not sure about anyone else, but even using some of the tricks from this thread, I'm still having the damnedest time getting it to use sugar properly.  I'm tempted to just mod the raw so it just takes sweet pods directly to save me the grief.
Are your sugar bags stored in barrels? No direct sugar using reaction works if they are. You might still be able to cook them but if you want to make candy or use them in the brewery the bags need to be stockpiled directly otherwise the dwarves will just get cancel job can't find any sugar cause all they will see is the barrel and not the sugar bags inside of it.

When I stockpile sugar/flour in it's own stockpile with no barrels allowed I've never had any problems with candy, bread or the brewery reactions.

Michaelsoftman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2781 on: March 15, 2012, 08:35:36 pm »

Hi, I just started using this mod.  Amazing is all I can really say.

I did have a few questions though, I tried looking in the readmes that come with the mod but I can't seem to find my answer.

Is it possible to create Turrets, or only trade for them?

And do Turrets require ammo?  Bullet turrets anyway.

isitanos

• Bay Watcher
  • Seasonal river flood nostalgic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2782 on: March 15, 2012, 08:51:45 pm »

kitten waterfall
:D  First time I hear of this!

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2783 on: March 15, 2012, 09:10:19 pm »

While skimming, I noticed you mentioned gem crabs that weren't dropping gems, Meth. That reminded me of an old game I played (few versions ago). I was fighting animated armor, and they dropped a breastplate. It was absolutely useless(as in a regular corpse, not an item, I think. I didn't test with it much. I didn't try butchering it, for example). My memory could also be a little foggy. But something upset me about losing several dwarves to kill that darn thing, and getting nothing in return.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2784 on: March 15, 2012, 09:13:41 pm »

Settings are saved within the raws, it reads out the raw files. If you change one thing, then close it and open it again later, the change is still there. It saves and loads automatically, so to speak. But once you gen a world the settings wont matter, since you cant change the already generated world.

You can't change a gen'd world but you might want to gen similar things later. Slogging through several tabs to find what turned itself on or off every time you close the program or change a tileset is tedious.

Mafia_Puppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2785 on: March 15, 2012, 09:42:43 pm »

I have a technical question that might not be related to the mod.

I used the arena to make 100 or so 1v1 fights with

dwarf w/ full steel armor and welded wolfram war hammer
dwarf w/ full steel armor  and silver war hammer

And even when I ran the test 3 times, the silver war hammer racked up more wins (though it was close, like 60-40).

Is there a better way to make use of wolfram? When I tried it with maul v. maul, the silver still won.

I can't understand why a metal that is in the raws 5-10x better in all areas would consistently lose to silver. I even tried reducing elasticity to 0, and it still lost.

What am I doing wrong?!

Buffbot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2786 on: March 15, 2012, 09:47:38 pm »

Are your sugar bags stored in barrels? No direct sugar using reaction works if they are. You might still be able to cook them but if you want to make candy or use them in the brewery the bags need to be stockpiled directly otherwise the dwarves will just get cancel job can't find any sugar cause all they will see is the barrel and not the sugar bags inside of it.

When I stockpile sugar/flour in it's own stockpile with no barrels allowed I've never had any problems with candy, bread or the brewery reactions.

I'd been trying all that, but still wasn't having any luck.  I haven't sat down and really messed with finding a way for it to work yet, but I think I might do that soon.  I love the idea of the brewery but it currently doesn't love me back. =P

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2787 on: March 15, 2012, 11:30:30 pm »

I have a technical question that might not be related to the mod.

I used the arena to make 100 or so 1v1 fights with

dwarf w/ full steel armor and welded wolfram war hammer
dwarf w/ full steel armor  and silver war hammer

And even when I ran the test 3 times, the silver war hammer racked up more wins (though it was close, like 60-40).

Is there a better way to make use of wolfram? When I tried it with maul v. maul, the silver still won.

I can't understand why a metal that is in the raws 5-10x better in all areas would consistently lose to silver. I even tried reducing elasticity to 0, and it still lost.

What am I doing wrong?!

A dwarf has to be strong enough to USE a weapon before he can kill with it, give wolfram hammers to your hammerlords.

Morwaul

• Bay Watcher
  • ..............boo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2788 on: March 16, 2012, 12:32:27 am »

Make 15z level drop above your dining hall, dump kitten with the "pit/pond" into dining hall. Watch kitten die and splatter all your dwarves with blood and bodyparts. Dwarves get bad thoughts, but also get the "has seen death" and "doesnt care for anything anymore"

After that they are pretty much immune to tantrums.

THIS...is horrid.  Yet I find myself giggling at the thought....  Maybe I should seek help.

quintilius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2789 on: March 16, 2012, 01:38:26 am »

Make 15z level drop above your dining hall, dump kitten with the "pit/pond" into dining hall. Watch kitten die and splatter all your dwarves with blood and bodyparts. Dwarves get bad thoughts, but also get the "has seen death" and "doesnt care for anything anymore"

After that they are pretty much immune to tantrums.

THIS...is horrid.  Yet I find myself giggling at the thought....  Maybe I should seek help.

i had a 14 level drop into my dining room - with a big 'restricted' area in the center - and every time some dwarf threw a party, i chucked a gobbo down the chute.  Eventually they threw a lot of parties.
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 749