Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1835570 times)

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - 1.6 NEW: ASCII & JollyBastion Tileset
« Reply #2730 on: March 14, 2012, 11:15:01 pm »

meph - oh my lord... i love the idea of the vermin infestors, but is there any way to nerf them?? i don't mind having them around the level 3 caverns - they're a risk, and can be handled with lizards/cats/etc, but dear lord, there has to be some way to reliably contain them, if not counter them completely! maybe they could be slowed down? reduced in frequency? or maybe just make them a more type of monster that can be defended against reliably...?

omg the new combat system is cool... =D
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 11:25:55 pm by sayke »
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2731 on: March 15, 2012, 12:41:47 am »

so are the infestors included in the 'more vermin option' i may have to try it out.

also Meph, what settings for everything other than races would you consider the 'optimal' setup for Masterwork?

specifically, what would i change from default settings to get the 'full' experience? (once again, excluding changes to races/invaders, i got a setup i like for that.)

seems like a few fun things are left out in default settings.

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2732 on: March 15, 2012, 01:04:06 am »

fisher berry, rat weed, rope reed, blade weed, and hide roots cost 1 dwarf buck at embark, aren't all seeds suppose to be higher priced? could be you changed only the underground crops though

and i get an error when i click "masterwork font" in the settings tab, it throws an error in a window ~curiosity :P
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2733 on: March 15, 2012, 01:06:22 am »

^confirmed, above ground crops cost 1, underground costs 2. i would call it a feature though as above ground crops can be easily obtained after embark anyways.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2734 on: March 15, 2012, 01:44:08 am »

Aboveground is harder to farm, because it is more exposed. And does not work in winter. I only upped the underground crops. Sorry, didnt make that clear in the changelog.

The vermin infestor are always in, they are not part of the vermin. Since they are a test, if everyone has them, I get more feedback on them, therefore can balance them easier and in the end it helps everyone. When done, will be moved to the vermin button. But I dont really believe that they are difficult to handle. Vermin bites are really rare in my opinion.

I also noticed that the crucible has no magma design, so I made this:

I also finished another 8 building guide. Get them while they are hot. (Minor tweaks to this version though on the archeologist, temple and crucible.) Altar and Temple, Archeologist and Stonecutter, Metallurgist and Magma Version and Crucible and Magma Version.

@bombzero: I dont know. Mostly the default setting, thats what I play. I removed the vermin (they are unbalanced) and the megabeasts (they might cause these crashes, I noted 3 other modders having problems with crashes related to custom semimegabeasts) but otherwise thats what I play and think is the optimal setting. If you remove FrostGiants and Automatons for example all this magic and plate armor/gun stuff will leave you overpowered. On the other hand, without these new gimmicks you will have a hard time against them. But there is not much left out in default. Currently the beasts, yes, but only because of possible crashes. And of course these extra plants/trees/animals, but I am not keen on useless things that just have different names. I rather have fantastic monster running around then badger1, otter2 and kea3.

@zack123: tested the button, it works for me. Probably (?) a net.framework problem... if you want to change the font manually, just go to MasterworkDwarfFortress\Font old\data\art and copy the font in there into your Dwarf Fortress\data\art folder, replacing the custom one.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2735 on: March 15, 2012, 02:07:13 am »

Vermin bites are really rare in my opinion.

This is probably true for vanilla vermin but not for every one of the custom vermin, for example i once had a fort with Fire ants infestation and the bites quickly filled up the alert log and eventually that's why I shut down that fort and don't play Additional Vermin anymore (the flashing ANT ANT ANT ANT ANT ANT icons everywhere, not the bites). 

That being said I'll try anything once  :)

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2736 on: March 15, 2012, 02:09:31 am »

cool, im playing it as intended!

also, i agree on frost giants and automatons, they are the thing you fear, they are why you build a drawbridge, and they are damned hard to kill.

also, in 1.5.1 i had a huge team of rifledwarfs using scavenged stuff from automatons.
unfortunately rifledwarfs are just as stupid as marksdwarves in that they like to hit things with their weapon instead of shooting it sometimes.

liking the new version so far... turns out zombie dingos are deadly...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2737 on: March 15, 2012, 02:48:23 am »

..... Odd.....

I loaded up a new fort with 1.6 and started playing around with my usually way, and then suddenly I noticed that something was going wrong with the Therapist that came with the pack. It wasn't separating the Waves, the Autumn wave was also appearing as Wave 2...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Darkness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2738 on: March 15, 2012, 03:37:39 am »

Nice i love your work. And now to testing 1.6 :)

Deutsche Dwarf Fortress Wiki im Aufbau:

http://dwarffortressde.wikispaces.com/

Bei Interesse oder Kritik bitte an mich

Seraphyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2739 on: March 15, 2012, 04:33:06 am »

Is there a post that describes the voting options a bit more? I didn't see anything in the last few pages.

NEW: Trader/Merchant Building. More custom tradegoods.
- Custom tradegoods like what? Rock crafts? Race-exclusive armor/weapons?
 NEW: Fishing Pond / Magma Fishing Pond.
- Indoor fishing?
 BALANCING: Frost Giants, Automatons & Cave Civs.
- Make them stronger/weaker?
 OVERHAUL: Better Creature Research Lab
- ?
 TEST: Slaves 2.0: Convert captured invaders. (Possible?)
- Convert to what?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 04:35:27 am by Seraphyx »

LiamAsA

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2740 on: March 15, 2012, 05:05:52 am »

TEST: Slaves 2.0: Convert captured invaders. (Possible?)
- Convert to what?
I was thinking about this when taking the poll, I'm not a huge fan of slavers even in a game however in vanilla I spent a long time looking at those poor cage trapped goblin thieves, there's only so much archery training and retrapping I can hack watching happen to one creature! I reckon they be much happier trained be a master trainer for example then put to hauling or cleaning on half rations - just a thought.
Or became hauling savants on full rations

Seraphyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2741 on: March 15, 2012, 05:29:51 am »

Ah that makes sense, didn't think of that.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2742 on: March 15, 2012, 08:13:47 am »

So I haven't downloaded the new version (I will be doing so after I post this). Just wanted to say a couple things real quick:

First and foremost, I'd like to thank you for providing me with one of my favorite mods. Makes me wish I had wheelbarrows full of money I could pour down the gullets of the great Toady and the fantastic modding community we have.

Secondly, and I apologize if this is a common or documented occurrence, but, well, this:

It took me four or five times rereading that to realize "Crossbowman" was just chillin' there. I was too busy imagining a goblin allergic to his own skin.

Seraphyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2743 on: March 15, 2012, 10:47:22 am »

That is awesome lol, never seen that before in my time playing adventure mode.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2744 on: March 15, 2012, 11:06:45 am »

You keep updating I keep installing.

Every time I do I start again. Enjoying it.
And again.
And again.
Keep them coming, cause I'm going to keep them playing.

*brofist for the awesome mod*
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 749