Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1835543 times)

Atramedes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I do not know if this has been covered yet, but under what category is bonemeal? Its under stocks as a stone but I am unable to isolate it in the stockpile menu.

Iax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have an issue with gypsum. I can not make it to the powder at klin, I have bags and gypsum availible, gypsum turned on and off in economic stone menu. Can't make this damn thing working.

Not just you,  I cant make plaster either at the kiln.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I did not change anything on the plaster/gypsum. But I remember that orthopedic casts where broken in Vanilla (?) Just make splints instead.

Bonemeal is a stone, dont know if you can restrict it in the stockpile. It needs to be a stone, other wise the vanilla reaction in the smelter will not accept it.

Endless sleep of mages: Ah... forgot that NOSTUN creatures will sleep forever. Removed it, should be fine in the next version.

Megabeasts: I will set the option to OFF be default then for the next release, till I figure out what it is. I think IT (from corrosion) had a similar problem since 34 ?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 07:25:47 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

>>>NEW DOWNLOAD<<<

Main features:
  • Drow survive easier
  • More magic
  • Fixed landmine and turret movement. (thanks narhiril)
  • Lowered occurence of turrets with migrants by 85%
  • Added new way of booze making: Bloodwine from bodyparts
  • Added new way of booze making: Milking boozebelly goats
  • Generic fluids, ichor, blood, milk and pus!
  • Generic silk (silk, rare silk, soul silk (hell-only))
  • Finished the magic system with 9 units, 6 ammos and 6 weapons
  • Added edible materials from mining, living rock and cave fungus
  • Added more reasons to explore the caverns, special trees. Glass spikes and living shields
  • Added more danger to the caverns, special harmfull trees. Glass splitters and fire
  • Tears of Armok, 1*1 aquifers gems, as nice surprises in the metamorphic layer
  • Fixed blueprints and magic books. All a lot more expensive and harder to get
  • More realistic fighting system. Hugos bone structures and orkels brain tissues
  • Added ASCII, ASCII+, Jolly Bastion and Matrix Tilesets
  • Fixed/Rebalanced about 100 smaller issues. At least it feels like it.

Full changelog (beware, long list)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I also added a link to the wiki directly from the GUI. :) The tileset changer works well, but I guess I might have overlooked a few tiles, since I still cant identify what looks right or wrong in ascii. On first glance it seems alright, but if some plants or materials look odd, just let me know. This can easily be fixed. Filesize went a bit up, but then again I needed duplicates of the raws for the tilesets.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 08:12:07 pm by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

isitanos

• Bay Watcher
  • Seasonal river flood nostalgic
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - 1.6 NEW: ASCII & JollyBastion Tileset
« Reply #2719 on: March 14, 2012, 08:25:07 pm »

Just quoting this from the Mouse Fortress thread, I think you're gonna get bug reports about this pretty soon :P .

I was just looking through the new masterwork release and I found a small issue, the launcher opens mouse.exe instead of launch.exe, so just a heads up that could cause some problems.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2720 on: March 14, 2012, 08:33:45 pm »

Is fixed and will re-upload. Thanks for the heads up. (somehow there is always this one detail that goes wrong, almost like my own personal tradition by now)

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2721 on: March 14, 2012, 08:35:58 pm »

yeah i noticed that too  :P

looks nice, downloading.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2722 on: March 14, 2012, 08:46:23 pm »

Fix is uploaded. I did not chance the version number, since it is really just a minor thing and shouldnt affect the actual mod/game.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2723 on: March 14, 2012, 08:47:36 pm »

yeah, changelog looks nice, so can i do padded shirt, chainmail, breastplate? or even better same thing but with platemail instead?

Buffbot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2724 on: March 14, 2012, 08:49:06 pm »

Woot, thanks for getting that up so quick, Meph.  Was just hitting some massive slowdown with a really old fort, was getting time for a new one.

I think I may have found the issue with the plaster reaction at the kiln not working.  The gypsum in the inorganic_mineral.txt was missing the [REACTION_CLASS:GYPSUM] token (as far as I can tell anyway).  So I just added this back in and the reaction at the kiln seems to be working fine for me now.

Of course, the easy alternative is just to use the apothecarius and bypass the kiln entirely as it appears to use the gypsum stones directly, while training your doctors slightly.

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

meph - am having an absolute ball with my 1.5.1 fortress =D built a nice wall and a bunch of ground defenses, with a nice walled-off safe area on a hill above my fortress for all my animals and above-ground farms... only to get attacked by tons of fliers!! i don't recall seeing that before. i staved em off when, after devastating my farms, they flew into my main fortress entrance and got chewed up by turrets, armored dogs, and my small militia. the moral of the story is that one must maintain a robust air defense system...! =)

a few things, though:

- i had
not sure if there's anything you can do about it, or even if its a bad thing, but i figured i should inform you that it's possible.

- the gypsum thing is a problem, and does seem to work fine for me in vanilla. no idea why it would be broken on masterwork - if you could take a look and see if you have any ideas, there would be a lot fewer questions down the line!

- .bmp sprite transparency seems to work fine - all you'd have to do is change all the sprite backgrounds to that pink color, and DF will render them transparently. have you have any luck talking to the phoebus folks about it?

- embarking with the ingredients for a blast furnace really is the way to go =D

- in the interest of ensuring that new dwarf fortresses get a chance to experience the diversity of enemies that masterwork has to offer, and after quite a bit of !!SCIENCE!! with the world generator, i think its quite possible to ensure that all civs are represented and have enough time to stabilize and expand an an ideal amount. the trick is to make sure they don't completely eradicate any other civ, or start at war with the dwarves very often.

i've found that if you sure there's one continent, on a medium world, without too much ocean, and ~75 years of history, all civs should be represented, and each civ should have several sites without getting on each others' toes too much. further, a mineral setting of 100-200 seems to work wonderfully to ensure that there's some of everything available for fortresses to play with. here's the settings i've found seem to work pretty well - you might want to include as an advanced worldgen template so people can get random, fast, clean worlds with everything in them. let me know if this sort of settings template jives with your experience:

UPDATE!! damn - whole new awesome version to mess around with!! =D sorry i didn't post this earlier, but its not really a big deal in any case. yay!!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 08:57:22 pm by sayke »
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2726 on: March 14, 2012, 08:56:48 pm »

^ dwarves tend to be pretty badass in worldgen fights.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2727 on: March 14, 2012, 09:12:32 pm »

Meph, about your 3rd cavern vermin/infestor. vermin can teleport anywhere, if custom vermin are on your fort is fucked after opening the 3rd cavern.

EDIT: i mean sorry to ruin your little mad scientist fun, but i feel that this is an issue.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 09:46:19 pm by bombzero »

isitanos

• Bay Watcher
  • Seasonal river flood nostalgic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2728 on: March 14, 2012, 09:21:12 pm »

Meph, about your 3rd cavern vermin/infestor. vermin can teleport anywhere, if custom vermin are on your fort is fucked after opening the 3rd cavern.
Yeah, I saw that you sneaked that in (probably with a mad evil laugh). Oh God. Can't you make them non-hostile creatures instead, so that dwarves don't automatically flee them but you can still send in the military to get rid of them, and most of all so they don't teleport?

Unless you want to force us to use cats in industrial quantities all over the fortress.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 09:24:39 pm by isitanos »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2729 on: March 14, 2012, 11:06:41 pm »

Vermin infestors: Use Cats or frill lizards. :) Have fun with them, I thought weaponizing vermin is another way to make the game more random. I think its more fun if something is thrown in your face and you have to deal with it, instead of having the perfect defence. More frill lizards would be the way to go. I figured that a fortress that has reached lvl 3 cant have a big problem with those, considering how rare a bite is.

Armor layers and shapes have been modded a bit. Should work better now, hope I did not break anything.

The gypsum report is nice, thanks for that, I will fix it. But remember, splints have the exact same effect, and with stone splints from the stonecutter they are easy to get.

I also made a list of all the creatures without sprites (spawned EVERY creature the game has in the arena, the fight afterwards was epic. The survivors are one completely red blizzard man and a completely red obsidian colossus with 2 limbs missing. The Mountainking (i thought he would never die) actually burned to death at some point. After killing a lot of things while burning.

And I finished 4 more building guides, Metallurgist, Magma Metallurgist, Altar of Armok and Temple of Armok. :)
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 749