Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1835506 times)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

Vermin can't be pastured.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Looks like they don't have a problem firing the bone bolts too. So... something's keeping them from wanting to pick them up.
Are the bolts stored in bins?

Ah.... yeeeeah. How can I get them out?
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

quintilius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Year 11
I think we're the last of the dwarves... we havent seen anyone from the mountainhome in 7 years now.  I thought perhaps they'd been ignoring us because we hadnt struck ore (ANY ore) - but when we finally breached the 3rd cavern layer, found adamantine, and still no word - i fear the worst.  The goblins have been getting more brave... the traps have held off the warlocks well enough, and the drow caravans cut through the ambushers as often as not and have supplied me with enough metal to at least armor everyone. Finding cobaltite was a boon - but our smiths stared at it a full season before they had 3 iron bars to build an arc furnace.
What i wouldnt give for a turret - any turret - but no...
At year 7 - recognizing how dire things were - that losing a single child to a snatcher would be catastrophic to the future of dwarf-kind - Zefon One-hand, the expedition leader and one tough son of a bitch (when the goblin lopped off his right hand he grabbed a drink and went to his room - and the next day was up and about like nothing happened - apparently he's got a thing against doctors) called for an innovative change in the fortress layout.  We would drop a ramp down a level at the alcove leading into the trade depot - and beneath create a new path - close off top - and create a smaller switchback (yeah - no more wagons - but sometimes you do what you gotta do), then dump any invaders out into a large room.  We poured every tradegood we had into buying 2 things - a pile of steel crap to melt, and a pair of grizzly bears.  We would breed them - and armor them - and stuff them in that room beneath the depot - and any goblins child snatchers that wander in would turn the corner to meet a room of angry hungry armored bears.  Zefon wanted to call it "Operation Pedo-bears... to protect the children" but the other dwarves weren't having it (apparently 1254xp in 'Persuasion' wasn't enough). Still we bought the bears...
I'm not sure where it goes from here... the children are safe - and growing... but there are only a handful - and the injuries are mounting.
If it werent for the cobalt alloy i'd be risking digging into that adamantine... but as it is i think we can hold off on that - for now.
I'm building a big temple... maybe armok can help us.

UncleCern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

what is your favorite set of armor with this mod?
so far with vanilla i just use the wiki's set of :
2 x caps   
1 x helm   
6 x hood   
1 x breastplate   
3 x mail shirts   
6 x cloaks   
2 x trousers   
1 x greaves   
1 x pairs of gauntlets   
1 x pairs of mittens   
1 x pairs of socks   
1 x pairs of high boots   

what is the difference between padded and non padded clothes? can i use 2x padded cloaks instead 6 x cloaks?
And can dwarf handle dual wielding now? :D
-cap/padded hood
-padded shirt
-padded trousers
-padded mittens
-helmet
-mailshirt/armour/breastplate/cloak
-graves
-mittens
-boots

That's how you can configure armour here. Not much to do about many layers, 2 is all you can get I think (padded + main armour).
Welcome to the mad, mad world of RAW errors or duplication. Somewhere you have files which dont quite add up, and crazy shit happens(..) There are instances of this where you can adventure as a fly, or embark with wagonmeat, wearing shoes made of burning soap(..)

DF is so awesome that it doesnt just crash, it crates batshit crazy worlds where intelligent chairs farm dragons and make houses out of thier toenails.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

funnily enough, breastplates are better if you also give the dwarf a robe, however mail shirts protect the arms a bit better than a robe.

UncleCern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

funnily enough, breastplates are better if you also give the dwarf a robe, however mail shirts protect the arms a bit better than a robe.
Robes work wit breastplates you say? If yes- awesome because robes can be made of steel :]
Welcome to the mad, mad world of RAW errors or duplication. Somewhere you have files which dont quite add up, and crazy shit happens(..) There are instances of this where you can adventure as a fly, or embark with wagonmeat, wearing shoes made of burning soap(..)

DF is so awesome that it doesnt just crash, it crates batshit crazy worlds where intelligent chairs farm dragons and make houses out of thier toenails.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

wow, awesome idea.

also they work with breastplates, but may interfere with padded shirts.

P-Luke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've fallen in love with this mod, but I'm very frustrated with the fact that every fortress, at some point, crashes.
Usually when I have about 60 dwarves, the game just suddenly crashes. Even if I then reload the game, the game crashes at the exact same moment. I have a feeling that it's because of an underground monster spawning (I tried to reload the same crashing game about 20 times, until eventually it worked past the crash, to find out that an "uninvited guest" appeared underground.

Could it be that all the new monsters, animals and creatures are prone to break the process that randomly makes underground monsters?

runiq

• Bay Watcher
  • Jabber: runiq at draugr dot de
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art account.

Posting to follow.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My only problem is the missing text and the bad text loads when it comes to Gender and Quality, everything else seems fine. But then again I don't dig, I do above ground forts only.
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Baby_Slaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

2 x caps   
1 x helm   
6 x hood   
1 x breastplate   
3 x mail shirts   
6 x cloaks   
2 x trousers   
1 x greaves   
1 x pairs of gauntlets   
1 x pairs of mittens   
1 x pairs of socks   
1 x pairs of high boots   

what is the difference between padded and non padded clothes? can i use 2x padded cloaks instead 6 x cloaks?
-cap/padded hood
-padded shirt
-padded trousers
-padded mittens
-helmet
-mailshirt/armour/breastplate/cloak
-graves
-mittens
-boots

That's how you can configure armour here. Not much to do about many layers, 2 is all you can get I think (padded + main armour).

Thank you for reply, I'll try it whenever I get home soon.
(actually I am at work now,but You know  Baby_Slaver is taken by a fey mood!)

After reading a bit more at the wiki and raw, yeah You right the chain mail is shaped now, I can't use chain mail and breastplate together.
And i know I'm just a noob that just start to mess with raw, but is it typo inside item_armor_masterwork.txt under Lamelar armor? i found LASTICITY_CHAIN_ALL] without "[".
I just started using masterwork, and never created single armor yet, but from from reading raw using plate mail + lamellar will give dwarf 7 point + full body protection. I don't know how hard to make those, but what do you think of that?

And for ther rest :
With gauntlet and mitten both given [LAYER_SIZE:2], it means I can use 1 gauntlet and 9 mitten , it means 12 point.
With helm [LAYER_SIZE:30] >[LAYER_PERMIT:26], I don't know what to do and maybe i just use a helm(3 point). or maybe I'll experiment with hood ([LAYER_SIZE:1] &[LAYER_PERMIT:55]), I can use 54 layer of hood (54 point).
For pant, I'll just using greaves(3 point). or using 9 trouser (9 point).
For shoe, I'll just use boots(2 point), or using 12 socks (12 point).

I am at work now so i haven't test it yet. and honestly I don't know what am I doing =)). It is very unrealistic, I can't imagine how my walking clothes shop fighting a goblin  :P, or how hilarious if a dwarf using 54 hoods, so big so he using it like reggae style =)) (while smoking pot)

So what do you think of that set? is it crazy enough to work or not?
How effective is 54 leather hood against 1 steel/iron helm? Will it affect dwarf speed and agility?
Does armorlevel cumulative or not? You know just like RPG game?
If not, then why wiki tell people to use layers of armor?

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

2 x caps   
1 x helm   
6 x hood   
1 x breastplate   
3 x mail shirts   
6 x cloaks   
2 x trousers   
1 x greaves   
1 x pairs of gauntlets   
1 x pairs of mittens   
1 x pairs of socks   
1 x pairs of high boots   

I usually go for:
breastplate
greaves
gauntlets
helm
shield
high boots
cloak
hood
robe

I consider 6 cloaks... err.. exploiting of a bug?

tivec

• Bay Watcher
  • !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile

Heya!

I thought I'd report a bit of a strange bug to you guys.

I've been using the miner embark profile from this mod to embark and dig a great fortress before. Digging time was a little bit longer than I expected, so I decided to abandon fort, embark again and rinse-repeat until I have the fortress dug out and smoothed as I want it.

This causes me to get a lot of clutter here and there - wood spread across the map, barrels and clothing everywhere, things like this. But this isn't the problem.

The problem are the alligators. Over 100 of them.

It started on my third reclaim. On arrival to the site, there were about thirty alligators waiting for me in the river near my fortress entrance. I burrowed my dwarves inside, and they made it safely away. The alligators eventually went away, and I thought no more of it.

The next embark got slaughtered by over 60 alligators pouncing on them the second they embark. Oh well, fortress crumbled - let's just go reclaim again!

About 150 alligators this time. Not to mention the longnose gars and sturgeons. The total in the "other" list is over 600 on this embark, slowing the game to a crawl.

Is this a bug with the main game or with the mod?

-Tiv
Urist McDoctor recommends a healthy magma bath to minimize the risk for infection.

In one fort I had war elephants riding camels into battle. I can imagine the war elephants taming them simply by picking them up and dropping them in a coral. I still don't understand how you can fit a few ton elephant onto camel though.

Check out my Let's Play on my Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/thetivec

UncleCern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've fallen in love with this mod, but I'm very frustrated with the fact that every fortress, at some point, crashes.
Usually when I have about 60 dwarves, the game just suddenly crashes. Even if I then reload the game, the game crashes at the exact same moment. I have a feeling that it's because of an underground monster spawning (I tried to reload the same crashing game about 20 times, until eventually it worked past the crash, to find out that an "uninvited guest" appeared underground.

Could it be that all the new monsters, animals and creatures are prone to break the process that randomly makes underground monsters?
Do you have "Megabeasts Option" set to YES in settings? I used to have such crashes and disabling those helped.

@Tivec - Looks like the wildlife decided to reclaim the area before you did, heh.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 09:15:32 am by UncleCern »

Seraphyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Looks like they don't have a problem firing the bone bolts too. So... something's keeping them from wanting to pick them up.
Are the bolts stored in bins?

Ah.... yeeeeah. How can I get them out?

You can try to create another ammo stockpile but forbid bins then just delete the old one. Hopefully they stockpile the bolts without the bins in the new one.
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 749