Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1835440 times)

Sanguinis

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

When I'm in the embark land-select screen, the world cursor flies to the top left and I can't move the viewpoint. When I got in the game, the view again goes to the top left, really quickly. Has anyone else had this problem? How do you think I could fix it?
Thanks.

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

WTF. Goblins riding on giant bats are flying past my defenses and are slaughtering my marksdwarfs. FUN.

Remember to always make a roof on your towers, even if the top of the tower is not reachable otherwise.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 06:38:57 pm by mglarev »

Sibilantjoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hello, this mod is awesome and I have but one question.

Can you wield a rifle in adventure mode?

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Possible bug: Traders are arriving with my migrants waves. They do nothing until an ambush kills them.

Possible bug 2: Guildhall does not seem to work everytime. I have a normal Dwarf (caste: dwarf) and he does not join the legion.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 07:52:07 pm by mglarev »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

MW Turrets in DF2012

According to this thread
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103682.msg3064909#msg3064909

firebreathers and webbers no longer need to be able to path to their targets to attack.  Can anyone confirm that this works for MW turrets now too?  So perhaps we can now put bullet or slade turrets safely in the interior of the keep?

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile

PS:Bonuspoints for people who recognize the quote.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Wonders where he can spend his bonus points   :)
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

isitanos

• Bay Watcher
  • Seasonal river flood nostalgic
    • View Profile

Living tree - cavern lvl3 => a tree you can butcher. More for flavor then use, since no one will go through 3 cavern levels just for meat.
Living rock drop => same as cave fungus right know, 2-5% of them leave a stone you can butcher.
Landmine Upgrades. => Done in pet armory ? (or rename golem forge to something techy, do all constructs there)
Turret upgrades => take fire turret, make hellfire turret, bullet => slade, acid => warpstone.
raise value of all seeds by 1 => Makes farming slightly harder since you cant take as much on embark.
Like!

steeloak just steel / ironbark just iron ? => Will be done, I like the idea of less redundancy.
Negative syndromes for cheap booze => dizzinesss, blindness, fever, vomit.

Won't Elves will lose flavor if they bring metals? About booze, even dwarven kids drink it like milk (lol), so it's good for them. Contaminated water/Swamp water could cause that if you find a way, but not sure it's worth it.

I finished one very, very basic disease, a migrant that carries a infective vomiting syndrome. Nothing harmful, just colorful, for about 1/2 season. A test, I guessed that people will notice this the most, while not harming anyone with my little testrun.
You could implement a doctor's workshop where you can apply to dwarves some of those horrible ancient/middle ages/renaissance "remedies" such taking away a good amount of your blood ("saignée" in french). Mostly for flavor/roleplaying, of course, but you could have the occasional accidental cure or beneficial effect. Or give them various herbal teas. Or "goblin medicine" such as Scarab Brain Extract and stuff like that ;) .

And a surprise for everyone: What would you say if the next release would support Phoebus, Ascii, Ascii+/Vherid, Matrix and JollyBastion ? I just ask, because, well... it does. 8) I also added a truetype ON/OFF button to the GUI for people who cant find F12 ;)
With your ASCII version, can we use the ASCII tileset of our choice? I really want to use the Guybrush 16x16 square ASCII tileset.

I had it first as the human tradegood (since in my mind they are crusader types) and just expanded on it, without questioning the symbology.
You're gonna hate me, but I don't think "crusaders" fit either. I mean, if religion was implemented in DF you could have religious wars, but humans (which have many various religions) ALL being crusaders? It just leaves me scratching my head.

Sibilantjoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This is gonna sound noobish, but how do I interact (in adventure mode, of course) with the new doors that are on house entrances now? moving into them does nothing, trying to (u)se them does nothing. I'm playing as a badgerman if that helps.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 09:01:59 pm by Sibilantjoe »

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bug(?): Open bag of loot does not seem to work at the creature research lab.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

Also no.2 - what about cloaks? Which clothes/armour do they work with? Finally, does the option "more clothing" enable socks? And if yes - can a dwarf wear socks under boots?

current game, i've had no luck getting my melee squad to add cloaks .  they just have "metal armor" as uniform.  if they have either chain or plate they won't add a cloak; those who had a cloak don't put on armor.  However on the (m)ilitary (e)quip (P)riority menu it looks like they've claimed both armor and cloak.

LordBadger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey, been reading this thread for awhile now, but I have not said much... Shame that my first post in this thread would be a question.

Really my brain can't keep up with this mod, but that's half the fun I figure. Large explanation for a short question but here goes. Magic seemed like something I may like, so I updated to 1.5.1, and started a new fort. My starting migrants had a "Royal" dwarf with them, and searching this post I could only find information about "Royal" drink. Oh, and the cast guide only goes to "Noble". This is all to say I am at a loss here, I could just as well stick a sword in his hand and make him fight wild life, as it stands he is a miner... But, what is a "Royal" dwarf? Honestly doubt my preconceived notions or human Royalty applies to dwarfs. I doubt it is all that important, but I had to ask.

fred1248

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Will the Ironhand version ever be released?
How do you deliberately crutch a dwarf who seems to have no urge to go to the hospital and be diagnosed with "walklessness?"
Break his other leg.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I mentioned some planned changes in the last post, so here the resulsts:

- Changed layer permit of platemail. Should be able to wear padded shirts underneath now.
 - Nerfed barbed wire. Now 1:2:3 hits for the different versions, instead of 3:3:3
 - Fixed all the wording for material emissions. Now refer to the proper attacks, each creature has custom text.
 - Replaced all [SOFT] tags with [HARD] even in the new optional clothing, to stop rot.
 - Nerfed turret occurence (they are one creature now, instead of 7, this means only 15% as many turrets will arrive)
 - Acid and Warpstone vapor is green now, as it should be.
 - Removed steeloak_metal and ironbark_metal. Now produce steel and iron instead.
 - Raised value of plants and seeds every so slightly. 1 point. (no spamming seeds at embark)
 - Added [DEFAULT_SITE_TYPE:CITY] [BUILDS_OUTDOOR_TOMBS] [BUILDS_OUTDOOR_FORTIFICATIONS] to all friendly civs. For adv. mode.
 - Added reaction to kitchen: butcher living rock, 1 meat
 - Added reaction to timberyard: butcher living tree, 3 meat
 - Added reaction to timberyard: break crystal tree, 3 rough crystal glass and 1 crystal glass pike
 - Added splintering glass tree to 2nd cavern. You fell them, you get hit by glass. (light syndrome)
 - Added living tree to 3rd cavern. Red wood, or meat from butchering them.
 - Added living rock to living rock. About 2-5% of it leaves a solid rock now.
 - Added firewood to 3rd cavern. You fell it, it starts a fire.
 - Changed blueprints and books. Now are really expensive to trade for. (2000-5000 for blueprints)
 - Renamed books: Scoll of Fire, Grimoire of Death and Tome of Life. Dwarven, drow and human tradegood.

The new trees are really fun. People will want to go to the crystal cavern to get the free glass spikes, but might accidently fell a tree that shatters and hurts the woodcutter. Same for the 3rd cavern. I think I buff up the special tree for that cavern a bit. People go for it to get the item, might fell a fire tree, start a cavern fire (anyone ever seen a cavern fire in DF? :) )

About the questions:
@fred:Ironhand and Mayday.... Eventually yes, but not the next version.
@smake: will test the cloaks, maybe making them a hard mat item messes a bit with them.
@lordbadger:Royal = Noble caste. Dont know how either flobulon or me got that mixed up. One way or the other, he is better in social and medical skills, but a slow learner in everything else.
@sibilantjoe: cant help you with adv. mode, sorry.
@isitanos: yes, guybrush can be used as well. is standart ascii. :)
@orb: Write me a PM if you want an easter egg added in. Thats what you can do with firefly bonus points :P
@sanguinis: have you enabled mouse.exe ? that might cause the problem, I believe it has not been updated to 34.05 yet.

EDIT: Living tree changed. Gives living shield now, instead of meat. Highest blockchance in game. (adam shields would be lighter, allowing faster movement, and slade shields have more blunt damage in melee) But you have to go to the 3rd cavern for it. ;)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 10:51:50 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Ok, let me see... in these 4 days I have managed this:
  • Fixed landmine and turret movement. (thanks narhiril)
  • Lowered occurence of turrets with migrants by 85%
  • Added new way of booze making: Bloodwine from bodyparts
  • Added new way of booze making: Milking boozebelly goats
  • Generic fluids, ichor, blood, milk and pus!
  • Generic silk (silk, rare silk, soul silk (hell-only))
  • Finished the magic system with 9 units, 6 ammos and 6 weapons
  • Added edible materials from mining, living rock and cave fungus
  • Added more reasons to explore the caverns, special trees. Glass spikes and living shields
  • Added more danger to the caverns, special harmfull trees. Glass splitters and fire
  • Tears of Armok, 1*1 aquifers gems, as nice surprises in the metamorphic layer
  • Fixed blueprints and magic books. All a lot more expensive and harder to get
  • More realistic fighting system. Hugos bone structures and orkels brain tissues
  • Added ASCII, ASCII+, Jolly Bastion and Matrix Tilesets
  • Fixed/Rebalanced about 100 smaller issues. At least it feels like it.

Mh... what do you guys say ? Does this sound like a new release around the corner ? ;)

EDIT: Nice to see people are working on the wiki. Since it is much better looking and starts to have some content I moved it back to the top of the first post, a more prominent place. Still needs a lot of work, so come on people :)

MasterworkDF WIKI (Wip)

Someone (bombzero?) asked about a logo for it as well, so here you go. You can use and alter these as you like.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 11:34:11 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Nimrod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mh... what do you guys say ? Does this sound like a new release around the corner ? ;)

Release! Now!

:D

great work as always!
---=== Inveniam Viam Aut Faciam ===---
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 749