Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1835386 times)

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Question: What is scrap wood good for? (Value: 0)

edit: ah, good for coal. If it there where only a way to tell the wood burner only to use this type of wood...

You can do exactly this kind of thing using a combination of the "workflow" and "job" commands in dfhack.

On the dfhack console, first, enable workflow using the command "workflow enable". This activates workflow's feature of preventing any job set to repeat from being deleted/canceled. You can do a lot more fancy stuff with workflow, but this one feature is handy just to prevent us from having to do the second step more than once. Then, go to your wood furnace, queue up a "make charcoal" job, and set it to repeat. Keep the workshop 'q' menu open with the "make charcoal" job highlighted. Back in the dfhack console, type "job item-material 1 SCRAPWOOD:WOOD". That makes it so the job only uses scrapwood as its input.

You have to remember that you customized that job (and don't delete it later by mistake), but it does what you want!

Thank you very much. Is this modified job saved when I save/load the game?

quintilius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i'm in year 5... i set mineral scarcity to 4000 - so i havent seen any ore (and as a result, no dwarves want to move in... funny how that works).  This seems to have discouraged the local goblins/warlocks/orcs/undead... i can only imagine them sitting around 'hey, lets go hit those dwarves' - 'what? why - all they have is granite'  I wish invaders TOOK the stuff from caravans they whack though - if i suddenly find myself inheriting a wagonload of metal i'm going to go from challenged to bored pretty fast.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

The aquifer gems should only be super rare and appear deep. still working on it. While testin I found something that is just too beautiful not to share. Beware, spoilers, but sooooo epic. Have half a mind to play the map.

Will start with diseases next, after the occurence of the aquifer (tears of armok) are balanced. I also made about 5% of the cave fungus drop a solid fungus. Can be used as a normal stone, or made into fungi-cheese in the kitchen.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What the hell is that? Hm, hell?

Possible bug report: I got 5 turrets with my migrants until now: 1 slade turret, 1 bullet turret, 1 hellfire turret, 1 fire turret, 1 acid turret.

Whatever you did to make the bullet turrets more rare with migrants waves: It did not work.

DVNO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Great Mod! An automaton/Drow dual siege made me shout F**K on my bus route today!!

So I've been tooling around the RAWS and gave all entities [DEFAULT_SITE_TYPE:CITY] [BUILDS_OUTDOOR_TOMBS] out of gross curiosity and have to say the results were quite stable and fun. see with these tags every CIV makes a city and tombs. makes adventure mode just filled with content. made 7 worlds like this. pocket, small, medium, large worked fine with histories up to long.

might be worth an option in the launcher.

TY, meph!
Al mondo mal non e senza rimedio

Reach me via Bitmessage ~ BM-2DC7sWixk2iSKThdX9thhyrxWBeWRXUEv9

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

[DEFAULT_SITE_TYPE:CITY] [BUILDS_OUTDOOR_TOMBS]
If this does not affect the world gen too much I will add it, sure. :)

@mglarev: Yeah, what I tried does not work for the turrets. I will use the same system I use for landmines next. Know that this works. ;)

@all: Finished 3 more building guides, about the magic buildings, since they might cause the biggest question in the next release. Here you go:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Goncyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If it there where only a way to tell the wood burner only to use this type of wood...

You can do exactly this kind of thing using a combination of the "workflow" and "job" commands in dfhack.

Thank you very much. Is this modified job saved when I save/load the game?

Yes, it is saved with your game, as are any workflow settings. I keep a bunch of workflow commands in a text file that I copy and paste into the dfhack console when I start a new fortress. It takes a little bit of effort to get used to it, but once you do, it simplifies a ton of the busywork of keeping your stockpiles full of what you need. Here's my current collection. Note that the "job item-material ..." commands are to be used for specific workshop jobs, just like the scrapwood setup I described, but all the "workflow ..." commands can just be pasted into the console wholesale. Workflow constraints don't do anything unless you have a workshop job set to repeat that produces the constrained item.

(this is at least vaguely on-topic because it has some masterwork-specific stuff I figured out in it, hehe)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

Frost Wyrm started a pretty nasty fire.   It was using both "frost wyrm dragonbreath" and "stream of steaming juice".  Not sure if that's working as intended. Also not sure whether i want to think too hard about that second attack ;)

1.5.1 is a lot of fun

Linkeron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My FB page

Okay, now that I've pretty much decided I'm going to keep using Masterwork, I've got a major (But not game-killing) bug with your program. Whenever I try to run 'Masterwork Settings,' I get an 'Unhandled exception has occurred in your application' error with a big ol' details screen.

I have the option to continue, which loads the program anyway, but every button brings up another error. Most brings up the same error in the spoiler, others bring up a 'Can not find file: *.txt' error, followed by a 'Tried to save to empty file' error.

Now, I don't know what's wrong. .Net's updated, I'm using XP SP3, I haven't done any tweaking on your files at all.

EDIT: >.o Okay...

Some unrelated-to-DF screwin' around, and I find some of the files that 'Masterwork Settings' references under 'C:\'. I try moving them around, and they work, but only that one time. They disappear, and go back to 'c:\.' This is some crazy computer voodoo shit here, man. WHAT. THE. HELL.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 11:46:00 pm by Linkeron »

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@aquifer gem: yes Armok has always struck me as the mixed blessing type.

@magic: hang on, can we actually generate MORE adamantine with the training reaction???

AndyDish

• Bay Watcher
  • Holy Dwarf Beards Batman!
    • View Profile

Zombies can turn non dwarf creatures into dwarf zombies, and thereby crash the game. Sound Sense game log says it all.
Rivers of ale, yeah sounds like dwarf fortress.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Zombies can turn non dwarf creatures into dwarf zombies, and thereby crash the game. Sound Sense game log says it all.

yeah, somone pointed this one out, I believe Meph fixed it for next release, and it MAY be in the hotfix posted a few pages back.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Yes, the zombie bite should be fixed. My arena testing is screwed though, the zombies always kill their prey. ^^ Will do some more testing, but the syndrome only affects dwarves now. Should lead to no crashes.

@linkeron: I use XP with SP3 and newest Net.Framework as well. My C:\ is caps though. I have honestly no idea how I could help you with this. Hope you can enjoy the mod regardless of the settings.

@smakemupagus: Might have to check all the materials emmisions. Some still have the original verbs. steaming juice from  frost wyrm sounds... even more unpleasent then the frostbreath. 

@bombzero: Yeah, i figured: Why not ? If the reactions deplenish your adam resources, maybe there should be a small chance (2%) that you get something out of it. Cant hurt too much, since the game balance will be pretty messed up with the mages running around anyway. I also noticed that the shadowmancer can be made without any adamantine. Only slade, bodyparts and the black bible. Btw: the fire bible is of course the dwarven one, you can produce it yourself. Black/unholy is drow, and white/holy is human. Leaves elves, but I dont really know if I should add another magic building. 3 buildings for one theme is a lot already. And no one likes elven magic ;) the only thing I miss is dudes that can swim/dive underwater. *glare towards legends of forlorn realms*

Anyway, the Tears of Armok are a TON of fun. They are awesome and will be included for sure. Single gems that generate water on every tile around them. You dig to them, you get flushed away. Gives unlimited water, power and obsidian, OR floods your mineshafts and caverns. Point is: They are both good and bad for you, depending how good you play. Best of all ? Once the actual gem is mined, they stop. If you have an emergency and start to flood everything, just dig them away from the other side, or channel them from above. No gem, no water. It's brilliant. Will be part of the "harder mining" button.

Also finished two more building guides, timberyard and engineer. They are not remotely as nice as the ones done by flobulon, but by now I managed to do 29 buildings. :)

Another addition is an anvil you can create out of 5 metal bars in the smelter (for this first anvil) and about 2-5% of the cave fungus now leaves solid fungi. Can be made to cheese in the kitchen. One boulder = 1 cheese, shouldnt be too much. Thought mining as food production (as low as the outcome is) would be fun. Mind that these new things I added (boiling eggs, fungi cheese, bloodwine, booze-goats) cant replace the normal way of doing things, but they offer more variants. They can help in emergencys and offer more fun for players who like it, while others can just ignore them.

I am torn between doing the diseases next, balancing magic more, or adding ascii. Since ascii would also allow ascii+ and this new jolly tileset everyone seems to like (me included, it is just too original) and the old matrix one, for really crazy people. I would get 4 tilesets for the price of modding the raws once. ^^

EDIT: Testin also showed that the "simple trading" is fundamentally flawed. If a civ has no assigned toys or instruments they will produce a random selection from all toys in the raws. That explained why dwarves could do blueprints in one version a while back. It is also the reason I set this button to OFF by default, till I know what to do with it.

I am also thinking about removing ironbark_metal and steeloak_metal. Would be much easier for everyone if the ironbark just produces iron, and the steeloak steel. Would remove flavor a bit, but the trees would remain untouched. But the trading/forge/material/stockpile screen would have 2 unecessary items less to scroll through. Of course it would also remove a bit of flavor. Dont know yet.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 12:59:05 am by Meph »

Buoyancy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Workflow constraints don't do anything unless you have a workshop job set to repeat that produces the constrained item.

Thanks so much, I've been looking for exactly this kind of automation help.

daxp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think I figured out my food stockpile problem. The food should just go to a normal food stockpile, but it wasn't. I finally checked an item though and saw that it was owned by a dwarf, and a quick clean owned command from dfhack seems to have fixed it. I have no idea why the dwarves are claiming food and then not eating it though...could it be military dwarves who are mobilized while eating? If they do it again I'll check to see if its just military dwarves that have claimed and left food in the wrong stockpile.
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 749