Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1835308 times)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

What would you say about adding diseases ? :) (i'll do it anyway :P )

if doctors can treat it, cool.  if it just randomly kills dwarves with no remedy, please no :O

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Doctors cant do a thing. I am still working on a possible workshop that cures them, or a plant you grow and make into drinks. I plan to add 3 diseases for now, all rather harmless, as a test. You will notice it, but dwarves wont die. Hopefully
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

MiamiBryce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Meph,

Update (1.5.1)  Drow caravan finally came too.  No pets were listed in items to request from them, they brought no pets either.  I was really looking forward to messing around with slaves.

Anyone else have these pet issues with 1.5.1 or is it just me?

Thanks.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Well, I made a poll about it, and most people ticked: Drow bring broodmothers (the slave pets) so I dont know whats wrong. Like I said, I run a testfort currently, will see for myself then.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

MiamiBryce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Drow in my raw files have these pet tags:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Slaves only have the [PET] tag and the following biomes:  [BIOME:FOREST_TAIGA], [BIOME:ANY_TEMPERATE_FOREST], [BIOME:SHRUBLAND_TEMPERATE].

Now, if I'm reading the wiki correctly Drow would only have access to creatures with the COMMON_DOMESTIC_* tags.  Another possibility, I'd guess, is Drow are mountain dwellers and slaves aren't.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@diseases, sounds nice if done right, just make sure you consider both large populations and small populations of dwarfs when adding cure methods.

about the ABS, i think it will probably be my favorite part of the next release... why you ask? my legendary hammerdwarf got strangled by a bronze collosi, AFTER breaking both of the collosi's upper arms.  :(

another fun fact: i have never had a furnace operator die of arsenic poisoning, Reason? they are also my emergency militia.  :D

Hey meph, something to check out if you havn't noticed already. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=104222.0
know how you mentioned adding the various tissue/bone/body overhauls to Masterwork? well their doing a communal mod.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 08:09:34 pm by bombzero »

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bug (?): I have embarked in MW 1.5.1 in blessed serra. I can not chose nether-cap seeds at the embark screen, nor can I request them from the dwarven diplomat. The caravan did not bring any.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 09:34:06 pm by mglarev »

Iax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Could you change the bit about who can use guild halls back to how it was in the previous version? 
How only the sortof related skill is the only one who can activate it.

in the older version i would just turn on siege engineer for my future military squad and only them, and they would be the ones to go and join the legion,  now everyone tries to join the legion, and using profiles is super slow, trying to find the right dwarf in a huge list.

Iax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Now, if I'm reading the wiki correctly Drow would only have access to creatures with the COMMON_DOMESTIC_* tags.  Another possibility, I'd guess, is Drow are mountain dwellers and slaves aren't.

Drow showed up with brood in my game right now.  What do you do with them?

UncleCern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok - a few things I have found in 1.5.x

Armour layers are not working as intended. Can't make dwarves wear breastplates over mail shirts, nor breastplates over padded shirts nor any metal armour over padded armour.

Ghost problem - dwarf caravan came, one hammerdwarf died, corpse dissapeared-decayed after a month (due to heavy snowstorms). I can not engrave the guy on a slab now - looks like his name was not the real one. Pretty big problem as Runesmith is not compatible with the latest DF build and I can not remove the damn ghost.
Welcome to the mad, mad world of RAW errors or duplication. Somewhere you have files which dont quite add up, and crazy shit happens(..) There are instances of this where you can adventure as a fly, or embark with wagonmeat, wearing shoes made of burning soap(..)

DF is so awesome that it doesnt just crash, it crates batshit crazy worlds where intelligent chairs farm dragons and make houses out of thier toenails.

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ghost problem - dwarf caravan came, one hammerdwarf died, corpse dissapeared-decayed after a month (due to heavy snowstorms). I can not engrave the guy on a slab now - looks like his name was not the real one.

This is a vanilla DF problem, not a Masterwork problem.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution

Drow showed up with brood in my game right now.  What do you do with them?
You need one brood mother, and at least one brood lord. Their offspring should turn into slaves for you. All depending on how Meph tweaked my science

Goncyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The caste guide image is really handy. The metal lists would be better if you provided a little note about what each sort order is good for. I'm not familiar enough with the material and combat systems to know what the columns mean exactly. Is one list for the best armor? One for the best swords?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

For the caste guide you have to thank flobulon :)

The guildhall actually works better as it is now... Use workshop profiles, you can allow individual dwarves to use it.

[USE_EVIL_ANIMALS]  >>> Slaves.
   [COMMON_DOMESTIC_PACK]  >>> horses
   [COMMON_DOMESTIC_PULL]  >>> wagens
   [COMMON_DOMESTIC_MOUNT] >>> mounts in sieges
Drow work fine, in my game they brought broodmothers/lords. Cant tell you why you have a problem with that, maybe a world specific problem, might have gotten extinct.

I plan to make the guides a bit better, I already finished 23 building guides by now. The material guides get a little legend, to show what is what.

Padded armor... ok, I have a look.

Nether Cap seeds: They should not be aviable. They have depths 2:3, dwarves have only access to depths 1 plants and animals. You can get fungiwood seeds, but nethercaps are so good, you have to find them yourself in the caverns ;)

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile

Hellfire turret completely melted a frogman squad. I was trying to prevent a siege from antman from below, so my soldiers were already tied up. The lone Hellfire/Acid turrets stood alone against the incoming frogman squad. When I look again, all I see is smoke, and when the smoke clears, its as if the squad never tried to run, they never moved an inch, they were just completely obliterated, and their armor was placed neatly in a squad formation on my bridge. Perhaps the hellfire turret might need to be tuned down a bit? I mean, I could understand routing the army. But the entire army, melted(in presumably one shot).

Also, would it be possible to not have weapons you just "got" sacrificed again to Armok at the Temple to Armok? I know there are micro intensive work arounds, but I'd just like to put it on repeat and have all improved weapons/armor, if possible.

"Fake Edit" I have definitely traded for nethercap seeds in the past, and I think one time embarked with them. Must be a problem with vanilla, I suppose.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 749