Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1835140 times)

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quick one here I have put some animals in a pasture sheep mostly and they are now hungry thought grazing was off?
1.3 added it back in, but it's not as extreme as in vanilla. If they are pastured it could just be the animals have eaten all the grass/moss, just press k and check the tiles in the pasture.

Added a low grazing amount (2x2 pasture for each animal) to each domestic animal for the: Harder Farming Button

Demiurge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This is still my favorite mod right now, but I've been toying around with LFR as well (and I know Meph watches that mod closely also) and I'd love to see a few features brought over. For example rare minerals that exist inside other veins, we already have that in pure gold/silver variants but I'd love to see mithril put into big veins of other minerals so I don't have to hunt the whole damn map for those small deposits and I can just follow the big veins and get lucky. That way rare minerals would just be an added bonus that are nice to get and not something you feel you should hunt for.

afftor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Rope reed rope still made out of thin air.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

@itchybeard:Yep, between offering the 25min backgroundmusic on the frontpage, and including soundsense I thought not a lot of people do turn the music on. Brings down filesize.

oh i'm glad you guys mentioned that.  my wife has been really confused about no sound.  guess it's time to d/l Toady's version to get it :)

olopi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry for this question, but: How do you install tis mod?
Dwarves use their beards to influence the adamantite to change form. A dwarves beard is specialized in his job, therefore a legendary miner has a much better mining beard then a legendary weaponsmith, who has a beard that influences metals to make armor much more.
This also explains why dwarves can have a city on just a soap pillar, the beard of the soapmaking dwarf causes the soap to become rigid.

closedu

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

i've noticed a possible bug in the scriptorium - when i create the ink it seems to fill 1 jug then just creates 150 inks afterward as in the other jugs are not filled with ink... so what i have to do is create the ink take the jug disasemble the scriptorium rebuild it and proceed creating more ink. any insight on this or an idea of whats going on? thanks!!

GREAT MOD BTW!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Rope reed rope still made out of thin air.
My eye is twiching a bit right now. Checked the raws, there is [ missing in the reagent. Well, free ropes for now.

Sorry for this question, but: How do you install tis mod?
Download, extract rar, done. It is pre-installed.

i've noticed a possible bug in the scriptorium - when i create the ink it seems to fill 1 jug then just creates 150 inks afterward as in the other jugs are not filled with ink... so what i have to do is create the ink take the jug disasemble the scriptorium rebuild it and proceed creating more ink. any insight on this or an idea of whats going on? thanks!!

GREAT MOD BTW!
Will test, but when I used the scriptorium it worked fine... maybe jugs have too little capacity ?

About the grazing: Read the manual, it states that grazing is a part of the "harder farming" button. You can turn it off if you want.

About the simpler bodyparts: Could be done I guess, but would serve no purpose, since bodyparts dont slow the game down too much. Mostly temperature, pathfinding and item count.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

olopi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I get the error :  Not found: data/art/curses_640x300.png
I downloaded the version on the OP
Dwarves use their beards to influence the adamantite to change form. A dwarves beard is specialized in his job, therefore a legendary miner has a much better mining beard then a legendary weaponsmith, who has a beard that influences metals to make armor much more.
This also explains why dwarves can have a city on just a soap pillar, the beard of the soapmaking dwarf causes the soap to become rigid.

closedu

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

for scriptorium make a work order to make like 20 or so inks you'll see what i mean.. you'll have 1 jug then the rest of the inks will remain in the scriptorium and clutter it up and they cannot be dumped nor will they get put into jugs.. i can upload my save if you want

on the other hand.. ;) maybe i'm doing something wrong? is there a certain stockpile for inks maybe?

Seraphyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Blah. I can't seem to make anything at the arc furnace again. I have everything required. Empty bags and the stones.

Now what am I doing wrong? ;\

Screenshots:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

------------

Got it. I thought I remembered someone saying that their furnaces didn't want to smelt things unless they're on the same z-level. I moved the arc furnace to the z-level with cobaltite but now it also lets me do the wolfram stuff as well. So yay.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 02:56:44 pm by Seraphyx »

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - 1.5 for 34.04. New: Slaves and Secrets
« Reply #2335 on: March 08, 2012, 02:59:17 pm »

No way to make landmines immobile. Same for turrets. Pasture them in a 1x1 pasture, and then they are still.

Not to be a smartass, but try [IMMOBILE]. 

afftor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Brew swamp whiskey produce nameless drink and no seeds.
Rip yarn item took hair yarn and turned it into hair cloth... Then it took that one hair cloth and turned into in... hair cloth. well you know the drill. Wouldn't surprise me if cloth/silk reactions would act similarly weird.
Loading carts are stored at any closest stockpile.
Blah. I can't seem to make anything at the arc furnace again. I have everything required. Empty bags and the stones.

Now what am I doing wrong? ;\

Screenshots:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

------------

Got it. I thought I remembered someone saying that their furnaces didn't want to smelt things unless they're on the same z-level. I moved the arc furnace to the z-level with cobaltite but now it also lets me do the wolfram stuff as well. So yay.
try bring everything on the same level with furnaces.

Altaric

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Hey!

First of all, thanks for the great work, i love Masterwork.

I've noticed a bug that might be related to MW: Take from stockpile doesn't get saved
I've tried to set the order and save straight after, reload, it's gone.
Tried with fresh .34.05 vanilla version and it retains the order
MW is the only mod I'm using.

Did I miss something ?

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile

This was on an old version (two releases ago, I believe), but after sacrificing many, many dwarves to my altar to Armok, the totem became so tattered the building just fell apart. Not sure if its fixable, intended, or already fixed, but thought I'd mention it.

I also could not upgrade steel swords of Armok with runes. Made them kind of useless, so I just started putting the 50+ swords in weapon traps.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 04:09:52 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

after sacrificing many, many dwarves to my altar to Armok, the totem became so tattered the building just fell apart. Not sure if its fixable, intended, or already fixed, but thought I'd mention it.
Ah, never happened to me in testing. So totems get worn as well, that is a sideeffect from the boiling stones. I might be able to fix it, by lowering the temperature and boiling point. not sure if it will work though.

I've noticed a bug that might be related to MW: Take from stockpile doesn't get saved
No idea about that, does not seem like something I could have altered.

Brew swamp whiskey produce nameless drink and no seeds.
Rip yarn item took hair yarn and turned it into hair cloth... Then it took that one hair cloth and turned into in... hair cloth. well you know the drill. Wouldn't surprise me if cloth/silk reactions would act similarly weird.
Loading carts are stored at any closest stockpile.
You have the hardest time with this mod^^ I will check swamp wishkey and all the other drinks. Will check the rest, but dont know how I could fix it. I can make cloth to thread easily, but item to cloth would require a custom reaction for each item, similar to the ones I use in the crematory. I think I rather remove it then.

Not to be a smartass, but try [IMMOBILE]. 
You are funny ;) And not the first one to bring this up. The immobile tag only works on creatures with aquatic that are on land. (i.e. drowning fish) Giving a creature immobile, aquatic and nobreathe does not work as well, tried. I would need the drowning tag for it to work. Mh... I could add a syndrome that removes nobreath for a few seconds, then disables it for one tick, and enabled it again. Will try. EDIT: OMG. You damn smartass. You are right. :D It is a new tag for 34 I did not know about, it works. Landmines and Turrets stand still. You can move them by pasturing, but they never move. AMAZING. What would I do without you ? :*

for scriptorium make a work order to make like 20 or so inks you'll see what i mean.. you'll have 1 jug then the rest of the inks will remain in the scriptorium and clutter it up and they cannot be dumped nor will they get put into jugs.. i can upload my save if you want
I'll check. might be the capacity of the jug. Would add more jugs for the reaction then :) easy fix.

I get the error :  Not found: data/art/curses_640x300.png
I downloaded the version on the OP
The file is definetly there. Downloaded and unpacked to test it. No idea why you have a problem with that. Try another download, thats all I can offer.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 05:20:39 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 749