Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1835096 times)

FFLaguna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't play vanilla anymore, but has anyone noticed more world gen crashes with 34.05? I'm not sure if it's Masterwork's fault or ToadyOne's fault, but I'm getting tons more world gen crashes than ever before, even with 34.01.

Anyone notice any trends like this?

Seraphyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I haven't genned too many worlds yet but out of the maybe 5 or so it did crash once. I was playing with the default medium and large worlds not the custom ones in advanced.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Well thats annoying... Certain letters are showing up as Symbols...
l and n by the looks of things...
This is the phoebus tileset. Although I think phoebus just changed the V layout a bit, but kept the n. He is using the tiles twice, to use the N for hills and V for grass to make space for other things.

@itchybeard:Yep, between offering the 25min backgroundmusic on the frontpage, and including soundsense I thought not a lot of people do turn the music on. Brings down filesize.

@darkness: The blank spaces with truetype are a hardcoded DF bug.

@alu: If you can make buyable exploding landmine traps I can scatter over the landscape and that explode when people come near, be my guest. Same goes for modded siege engines... there is not a lot of room for such things. People proposed once to make the landmines a hermitcrab-like creature that the dwarves fill with explosives though ^^

@seraphyx: All things you reported are standard Vanilla DF things. All stone can be made aviable/forbidden in the stone stocks screen. Very useful if you have no magma safe rock,since you can also directly use metal ore as rock that way. This is a very basic DF feature.

Soap ALWAYS needs lye, how could you make soap otherwise ? The point is that you can coose between tallow from animals and oil from plants for it. Planning a mineral soap from inorganic mats as well, but even that one will need lye.

Tanning shop (and most other stuff like kitchen, butcher, anything bone related and so forth) ALWAYS gets cluttered with a single item. A well known Vanilla DF issue.

@lastdawn: Ah, good find. Zombie bites should turn dwarves into zombies, seems that they do affect every creature they bite. I only tested them on dwarves, shouldnt cause crashes though. I will change the syndrome to only affect dwarves then.

@fflaguna: Did not test worldgens much, only my normal short ones. Netbook is too slow for long worldgens anyway. How long are the histories you do ?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 08:22:51 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

CheatingChicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yor prefstrings for landmines seem to be broken. Or does this mean that this dwarf likes landmines just for being Landmines?

« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 08:56:39 am by CheatingChicken »

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I suggest "shattering explosions"

Seraphyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I dunno about the tanning shop, in the previous version I'm almost positive it never got this cluttered with just one item. My tanner would tan things in a few seconds (even a novice tanner) but now it's up to a few minutes which I just thought was odd. The butcher only gets cluttered after it actually butchers the item (which I understand because of all the bones and other things it produces) not while it is butchering. Same with the kitchen, it's not getting cluttered while it's making the meal. I'll pay attention more just in case they actually do, but I don't think they are. Just the tanners shop is doing this for me. edit: making lavish meals, and kitchen isn't cluttered at all while items are in that workshop. If it's a vanilla bug with the tanner's shop that's fine, but I honestly never saw it get cluttered the moment they bring an item to tan until 34.05. If this is actually vanilla DF bugs/issues then that's fine, I just figured I would mention them in case it's a problem with masterwork mod. But honestly I don't recall ever having an issue like this with the tanners shop before this new version.

About the lye, I misread the requirements to make it. I thought the oil reaction ALSO required tallow but I didn't read carefully. So that's why I said I don't get the reason why there's a choice to make it out of oil, my mistake.

About not being able to build with certain stones, someone replied telling me to unrestrict them in the stocks menu. I completely forgot about that I'm an idiot sometimes ;p I didn't even stop to think that that's why it's not letting me use it as building material.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 09:14:58 am by Seraphyx »

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but you might want to fix the pyromancers.

They have a tendency to set fire to themselves and their own invasion force. :I
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

FFLaguna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@fflaguna: Did not test worldgens much, only my normal short ones. Netbook is too slow for long worldgens anyway. How long are the histories you do ?

It crashed three times in a row (different random seeds) while genning a large world, between years 200-350 or so.

I've decided that now I'm only going to gen to year 75 anyway, since it seems 98% of world gen megabeasts will be dead by year 150 if you let it go that long.

Morwaul

• Bay Watcher
  • ..............boo
    • View Profile

Civilized World Population
   119702 Warlocks
   30609 Undead
   198 Orcs
   24405 Frost giant
   29310 Drows
   67109 Dwarves
   17973 Humans
   3773 Elves
   10518 Goblins
   396 Kobolds

Total: 303993

What do I need to use to get this information?  (If it is not intuitive please go over the steps or point me at some instructions)

Thanks

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

When you gen a world andit is done, dont press: "Use world as it currently exsists" but press P for"export world image" Then you get a picture and three txts in your dwarf fortress folder.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

olopi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So as i understand this makes no changes to adv. mode, or does it?
Dwarves use their beards to influence the adamantite to change form. A dwarves beard is specialized in his job, therefore a legendary miner has a much better mining beard then a legendary weaponsmith, who has a beard that influences metals to make armor much more.
This also explains why dwarves can have a city on just a soap pillar, the beard of the soapmaking dwarf causes the soap to become rigid.

Xyon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

155 pages, amazing, anyhoo I would just like to suggest that maybe the graphics could be optional instead of default, less work for the people who want to switch back to the ascii?

nocker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This is such an awesome mod, I will download it tonight and try it playing it - I'm on a Mac right now, so I downloaded the PC version just to read the RAWs and see what it changes.

One thing I'd LOVE to see in this mod would be an option to cut down the complexity bloat down. I don't like how the game today tries to individually track every mitochondria from every creature. Yeah, this was a slight exaggeration, but the game actually does track each individual tooth, finger, toe, and rib. It also gives individual organs to vermin (prepared fly brains, right). I think that having things detailed down to the individual finger that has its individual nail (probably - I didn't check) in a game that simulates a world is just a waste of memory/processing power (because I imagine that these larger structures have to be actually individually realized for each creature to track wounds, contamination, etc)

So, could the mod-keeper please work on adding a checkbox to cut down the, uh, physiological bloat? It'd be very much appreciated. I wouldn't seriously if the atomic grasping component was just a "hand" for instance (so what if they're now legoman dwarves? the game should run faster) and if the body of vermin were composed of a single "BODY" atomic part that had all the needed tags for it to live and survive.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 12:10:58 pm by nocker »

MarineMorton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quick one here I have put some animals in a pasture sheep mostly and they are now hungry thought grazing was off?

Seraphyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quick one here I have put some animals in a pasture sheep mostly and they are now hungry thought grazing was off?

That's kind of odd. I had horses and a few other animals(no sheep) pastured and none of them got hungry.
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 749