Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1835094 times)

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

yessssssssss...!! downloading  8)
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well thats annoying... Certain letters are showing up as Symbols...
l and n by the looks of things...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

ItchyBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm, my download didn't contain any of the sound files. Is that intended, or did I click on the wrong link or something?

I copied the sound files from a previous version of DF so I have sound now anyway. I actually like the default music :D.

Edit: My desert map generated with this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Guessing I won't be getting a lot of kobolds or orcs.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 03:36:53 am by ItchyBeard »

Tigrath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hello there Meph.  I've been interested with your mod, but a complete lack of free time has prevented me from playing df lately.   I've got a few suggestions for the magic stuff if your still working on it conceptually.   Good/Evil magic doesn't seem different from holy/unholy religious type magic.  Good magic would fit better with humans than dwarves, since all dwarves are Slaves To Amtrack, God Of Blood.  Unholy would be a better fit to evil races like the drow.  Here are some basic ideas:

Dwarves
         Fireborn:  firemage, fire immune, speed buff, fire or explosion on death
         Hammerhands:  earthmage focused on strike attacks and personal protection by stone skin, skill buffs to mining and smithing
         Shaman:  healer, potions

Elves 
         Bard:  buffer for nearby friendly units
         Warlock:  curses, shapeshifter, debuffer 

Humans
          Charlatan:  holy magic
          Apothecary:  healer, potions
          Wizard:  firemage

Orks
           Witch Doctor:  healer, potions, curses   

Drow
           Warlock:  curses, debuffer, shapeshifter
           Nightshade:  stealth, poison touch/skin/miasma
            Incarnate:  evil/unholy/demonic

edit:  I see you released a new version while I was writing.  It looks quite interesting!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 04:12:10 am by Tigrath »

Darkness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sehr gute arbeit ;) Bin schon am laden und gespannt wie a gummiringal :D

Eine kurze Frage noch, bei der Vorversion hatte ich immer wieder Anzeigeprobleme der Schrift bei sämtlichen Ingamestacks und Workshops, hab das nur ich oder is das n Bug?`

LG
Deutsche Dwarf Fortress Wiki im Aufbau:

http://dwarffortressde.wikispaces.com/

Bei Interesse oder Kritik bitte an mich

Alu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tried the mod for the first time. Really impressive, but there are some things that are.. well.... yea..

"Stray Fire Landmine (Tame)"
"Stray Acid Turret (Tame)"
Shouldn't they be buildings/traps instead fo cattle or something?

Also, is it possible to deactivate Genies?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 05:44:24 am by Alu »
"He admired a wonderful Trap lately"

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The turrets as buildings idea wouldn't work as they wouldn't shoot......

Wait, Idea, couldn't they be built at a siege workshop and work like Balista???

Also Gender of animals isn't showing right again, its appearing as *
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tried the mod for the first time. Really impressive, but there are some things that are.. well.... yea..

they have to be implemented as creatures, because there's no other way to do it. to make em be more turret/landmine-like, just stick em in a 1x1 pasture. done!
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

Alu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

they have to be implemented as creatures, because there's no other way to do it. to make em be more turret/landmine-like, just stick em in a 1x1 pasture. done!

ok but.. isn't a landmine technically nothing more than a stone-fall trap?
And, as neyvn says, a turret something like a self-controlled ballista?
"He admired a wonderful Trap lately"

Seraphyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I mentioned this earlier but but olivine is completely useless (which is just annoying). You can't build out of it or make crafts or do anything except grind it into rock dust. Can it possibly be changed to at least build stuff out of it or create stone things like doors, floodgates, etc...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh dear.......

One of my new migrants is talking to himself and laughing like a crazed dwarf. I think I am in trouble with him...

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ok but.. isn't a landmine technically nothing more than a stone-fall trap?
And, as neyvn says, a turret something like a self-controlled ballista?

i think of them more as semi-magical dwarven constructs then simple traps or machines - i mean, there are ice, fire, acid, and many other kinds of mines, and there are at least six kinds of turrets, including bullet and fire... so they've got some complicated tricky stuff going on inside em, and probably clockwork legs etc so they can scuttle around. that's how i think of them anyway! =D

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I mentioned this earlier but but olivine is completely useless (which is just annoying). You can't build out of it or make crafts or do anything except grind it into rock dust. Can it possibly be changed to at least build stuff out of it or create stone things like doors, floodgates, etc...
Just go to the z-Stone menu and select Olivine as a non-reserved stone (or whatever it's called, press Enter when it's highlighted) and your dwarves will use it for everything. At least I did it yesterday but that was before the newest release unless something has changed. Worked fine for my magma floodgates and mechanisms yesterday.

This works for any stones if you want to start making stuff out of raw galena etc.

LastDawn

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Awesome work.. but i think i stumbled upon a bug in Version 1.5 (for Dwarf Fortress 34.04)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Also i cant get my hunter to hunt since he embarked with a Javelin thrower wich he doesnt want to switch for the nice wodden crossbow i made for him..

Seraphyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just go to the z-Stone menu and select Olivine as a non-reserved stone (or whatever it's called, press Enter when it's highlighted) and your dwarves will use it for everything. At least I did it yesterday but that was before the newest release unless something has changed. Worked fine for my magma floodgates and mechanisms yesterday.

This works for any stones if you want to start making stuff out of raw galena etc.

Thanks for that. Got them to use it now.

Another thing I found, I'm pretty sure this is an error but trying to make oil at the screw press from pigtails, it's not working. I made a few barrels of oil and the reaction is still unavailable. When I hit enter to see what I need it says I also need lye stuff to make it:
Lye
Lye-containing item
unrotten soap_mat-producing liquid
oil-containing item

If this isn't an error then my question is what's the point of making soap out of oil when it needs the lye anyways?

Last thing is that whenever tanning an item the shop instantly gets extremely cluttered which is weird. It's the purple *CLT* with the gem graphic/asterisk looking thing on the sides of it. There's only 1 item in the shop so I don't really understand why it does that. I don't THINK it used to do that, I was able to tan pretty damn fast but now it takes extremely long.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 07:48:43 am by Seraphyx »
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 749