Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1835054 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - 1.5 for 34.04. New: Slaves and Secrets
« Reply #2265 on: March 07, 2012, 08:57:53 pm »

A solution would be watchtowers, pets on chains and constant patrolling. Buy a couple of decoys and landmines, and put them out in the countryside.

Good news everyone. Magic wands and rune spell ammo work in Fortress mode, and the users learn the druid skill from it. ;) AND:

::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2266 on: March 07, 2012, 09:00:11 pm »

Ah, nice Dwarf Therapist patch  :D
Dwarfette.

My fortress is in the second year, not much time to get decoys. Will see if I can get them set up before they start to hate me.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 09:14:04 pm by mglarev »

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2267 on: March 07, 2012, 09:19:21 pm »

i got a little excited reading that you're thinking about adding classes like rpg games into this, aside from straight warrior/archer
why not add something like nightshades (rogue) that used the shadows to fight/escape, saw someone made an interaction that made your guy vanish
or a utility user like a batman minus the muscles to disrupt the enemy? push spells/blinding powder/other disables
maybe specialized archers like snipers that can teleport to get away or use a weapon like quincys from bleach from there life energy(but no ill effects)
or a monk that fights bare handed (or staff) with aoe and stun-like kind of skills
i feel dwarfs lack some speed elements ;)

i feel magics shouldn't be to complicated.. (imagines the dwarfs from snow white casting spells to take down that witch)
magma sounds dwarfy as... UncleCern suggested
why not make it so dwarfs can only use certain magics like magma, stone and death stuff.  elves having nature, transform and water.  then humans having holy, fire, and lightning.  maybe goblins get death, transform and fire? and so on for the other races
maybe have something like blueprints but incantations or books to be traded for use but that might take a bit..
~end excitement rush~
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2268 on: March 07, 2012, 09:23:40 pm »

Only roguelike ability in Df is ambush/sneak and that is done only be hunters, and very badly so. Melee and ranged I can do. Small system for now, 2 sides, black and white.

The big question for me now is this:

Do I upload the new version now, or do I finish the 2 mages first ? Dfhack is updated, font is fixed, bugs are fixed, therapist patch works, gui is finished and manual is kind of updated.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2269 on: March 07, 2012, 09:28:21 pm »

If you think the mages might take less than a week, then take your time on the mages, else it would be good to have the new version vithout them.

That being said, my current fortress is about to crumble, so I am ready any time.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2270 on: March 07, 2012, 09:39:36 pm »

upload with mages and let us be guinea pigs :D
but i'd advise keep the older version up or without mages for the less inclined
having a button that removes mages would work nicely as well
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2271 on: March 07, 2012, 09:50:05 pm »

Are Landmines supposed to walk around like animals? Because mine are. (Heh, "mine")

I now have a "Stray Acid Landmine (Tame)" and a "Stray Frag Landmine (Tame)".

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2272 on: March 07, 2012, 10:02:00 pm »

No way to make landmines immobile. Same for turrets. Pasture them in a 1x1 pasture, and then they are still.

About the mages:
Buildings are finished.
Melee weapons (one good against the undead civ, one good against orcs/goblins) are done
Ranged weapons are done
Holy ammo is done, transformes the hit creature for a short time in a harmless hamster
Unholy ammo is done, target becomes crazed
Reactions for the 4 transformations are done, they are currently for free, need to add reagents
4 Creatures (Demonbound=unholy melee, Necromancer=unholy ranged, Paladin=holy melee, healer=holy ranged) are set up, but the special abilities are missing. Thats all.

Better names are welcome as well. Holy fighter, holy spellcaster, unholy fighter, unholy spellcaster.

Ranik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2273 on: March 07, 2012, 10:05:30 pm »

A solution would be watchtowers, pets on chains and constant patrolling. Buy a couple of decoys and landmines, and put them out in the countryside.

Good news everyone. Magic wands and rune spell ammo work in Fortress mode, and the users learn the druid skill from it. ;) AND:

OH THANK GOD. :Worships whoever fixed it:

Seraphyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2274 on: March 07, 2012, 10:05:38 pm »

I'd upload it without the new magic stuff first just so you can have more time to refine it a bit. If you upload right now as it is chances are a lot of people are going to report bugs you're probably aware of or are in the process of fixing.

But up to you.

The new magic stuff seems really complex but I like the idea behind it if you can give players decent control over what the mages do.

I like the idea of splitting them into good and evil. Maybe have only a few elements that encompass certain ideas. For example ice would be debuffs/crowd control, freezing an area to slow enemies down + some damage, slow their attack speed (if possible), lower their dodging ability temporarily. Earth could be poisons (make them throw up and all sorts of fun stuff), add some damage over time effects if possible (maybe inflict bleeding to make that happen?). Basically evil would be the higher damage mages, good would be the lesser damage but they would help your own dwarves by buffing them in certain ways (speed, faster regeneration of wounds if possible, more pain resistance, etc...).

Just an idea ;p

MiamiBryce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2275 on: March 07, 2012, 10:10:49 pm »

I was wondering what everyone thought of the trading races having [EQUIPMENT_IMPROVEMENTS] (it means they decorate objects).  Personally, I'm annoyed by something who's base value is 50 being priced at 6000 because it's been masterfully decorated with slademantium or some such thing. Is it just me?

Thanks

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2276 on: March 07, 2012, 10:19:25 pm »

If they don't have equipment improvements, you lose other minor flavor features, such as their civ symbol on their chestplates etc etc.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2277 on: March 07, 2012, 10:29:47 pm »

It makes trading harder, so it is a good thing.

I noticed that my dark church, which is partly built from bodyparts, does emit a miasma odor. I wonder if the built in bodyparts do rot away after some time. Otherwise nice, unintended effect. The building itself reeks of evil. (EDIT: Yep, they rot away and the building crumbles. Sad. Liked the need for bodyparts.) Replaced it with bones. The church is now build with slade, bones, skull totems and candles. :)

Transformations and magic ammo work fine in fortress mode. Will now start with the interactions, and test them in arena. Also nerfed the secret castes, they are 30% rarer now.

EDIT: Ok, everything is set up. Now for the interactions...
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 10:36:24 pm by Meph »

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2278 on: March 07, 2012, 11:02:23 pm »

so we might have a new version very soon?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2279 on: March 07, 2012, 11:08:10 pm »

Yep. I will now recline and give my laptop some fresh power, and wont be online. Actually thats good, cant spend time writing here, and work more :P
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 749