Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1835006 times)

UncleCern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - 1.5 for 34.04. New: Slaves and Secrets
« Reply #2250 on: March 07, 2012, 05:16:52 pm »

Just a quick idea which poped out of my head. MAGMA magic? Not fire, fire is for sissies, MAGMA!
Welcome to the mad, mad world of RAW errors or duplication. Somewhere you have files which dont quite add up, and crazy shit happens(..) There are instances of this where you can adventure as a fly, or embark with wagonmeat, wearing shoes made of burning soap(..)

DF is so awesome that it doesnt just crash, it crates batshit crazy worlds where intelligent chairs farm dragons and make houses out of thier toenails.

Siaru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2251 on: March 07, 2012, 05:27:07 pm »

So, the thieves have decided to start assaulting my dwarves with cloth bags. Just cloth bags, Except for one, After that, They all try and kill my dwarves with cloth bags... Rather odd..

UncleCern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2252 on: March 07, 2012, 05:45:45 pm »

Last time I remember an orc thief attacking my dwarf with a cloth bag. Dwarf lost most of the teeth and his skull was pretty much demolished. Looks like the bag was not empty...
Welcome to the mad, mad world of RAW errors or duplication. Somewhere you have files which dont quite add up, and crazy shit happens(..) There are instances of this where you can adventure as a fly, or embark with wagonmeat, wearing shoes made of burning soap(..)

DF is so awesome that it doesnt just crash, it crates batshit crazy worlds where intelligent chairs farm dragons and make houses out of thier toenails.

Flobulon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: March 07, 2012, 06:21:53 pm »

Finally got around to 1.5 - Just looking at a world's legends, and it appears the queen of one of the dwarven civs is a "rhenayas drider". Shouldn't that just be "drider"? It may just be a bug with Legends Viewer though, because I can't find anything in the raws that would cause that.
Anyway, after having a poke around it appears she was a dwarven queen who was cursed during her reign and became a "drider" (half drow / half spider) and has remained queen ever since. Just wanted to say how cool that was, I didn't know such a thing were possible. In any case, I think I know what my dwarves' home civilisation is going to be!  ;D

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2254 on: March 07, 2012, 06:35:39 pm »

It is a legends viewer thing, it reads out the Id, not the name. The name is just drider. But: How awesome it that ? I always have to grin when I get reports about flavor stuff that actually works.  Wonder what happends if she turns up in your fortress.

Magic system is slowly progressing. I will stick with Good/Evil for now. Here the buildings:

I wanted them to be hard to make, so I added adamantine for good (obvious) and slade for bad (also obvious) The slade can be produced in this mod in the magma factory, so finding magma will be enough, no need for fancy digging operations in hell. (yet)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2255 on: March 07, 2012, 06:54:01 pm »

Urn of sacred ashes made me giggle.  Subtle.  ;)

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2256 on: March 07, 2012, 07:28:22 pm »

Found this in the RAWs of the 1.4.1 version. maybe it is still in.

[REACTION:BATTLE_STEEL]
   [NAME:Fold steel(+15% edge/armor)]
   [BUILDING:MAGMA_REFINERY:CUSTOM_D]
   [REAGENT:copper:300:BAR:NONE:INORGANIC:STEEL]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:BATTLE_STEEL][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
   [SKILL:SMELT]

Is it me, or can i make battle steel out of copper?

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2257 on: March 07, 2012, 07:29:19 pm »

Does this urn of ashes have to do with a certain prophet?
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2258 on: March 07, 2012, 07:35:52 pm »

Does this urn of ashes have to do with a certain prophet?

Urist McWorshipper cancels worship sacred urn: Interrupted by Father Kolgrim.

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2259 on: March 07, 2012, 07:43:13 pm »

Meph, I think I'm getting your new specials more often than you intend - I've received three "special" immigrants out of my first 40.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2260 on: March 07, 2012, 07:47:59 pm »

Urn of sacred ashes made me giggle.  Subtle.  ;)

Well, he doesnt mumble "Enchantment" :P

Noted about the special castes, will trim the number down.

@mglarev: the "copper" is just the name, has nothing to do whatsoever with how the reaction works. I could write: bubblegum, and it would still make steel. And the entire building with the reaction in it has been removed anyway. No more steelupgrades.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2261 on: March 07, 2012, 08:08:55 pm »

Is anyone having trouble making gypsum powder? My kiln doesn't acknowledge gypsum boulders as GYPSUM STONES. 

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2262 on: March 07, 2012, 08:11:59 pm »

@mglarev: the "copper" is just the name, has nothing to do whatsoever with how the reaction works. I could write: bubblegum, and it would still make steel. And the entire building with the reaction in it has been removed anyway. No more steelupgrades.

Ah okay. Im getting better at reading raws, but sometimes...

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: March 07, 2012, 08:15:57 pm »

Hey Meph, you cold potentially fold the other spells into good/evil, pick two of the 4 primary elements for each side, and add a small chance of receiving those spells as a bonus.
adds a bit of randomness to magic, and keeps it a adventure instead of a dull weapon.

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2264 on: March 07, 2012, 08:50:03 pm »

I suppose there is nothing you can do about the ambushes spawning right the same second as the diplomats?

I lost my last two diplomants because the ambushes spawned within a 15 tile radius. Insta-kill.

The trading caravans spawn in my safe, walled entry, with watchtowers and everything... but the diplomats never have a chance.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 08:52:05 pm by mglarev »
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 749